Flying Car

Raveled

Yes, I'm building a flying car. Go me.

So I'm building a straight Batman Beyond expy, which of course requires buying him a flying car. I've decided to do this with Equipment, since we do have things like the Pitchoo and the Interceptor's flying base, which are thematically similar. My idea is to make a flying car w/ tank-grade armor, possibly with some kind of Extended senses and Obscure effect. Let's get to building!

Strength: 30 [4EP]

Speed: Flight 5 (250 MPH) [10EP]

Toughness: 10 (5 Impervious) [10EP]

Size: Large [1EP]

Features: Alarm 3, Navigation System, Remote Control [5EP]

Powers: Concealment 8 (Visual, Auditory, Radar; Feat: Close) [19EP]

Total: 49 EP.

Strike 2 (Feats: Mighty) [3EP] - Cane

BE: Stun 4 (Feat: Alternate Power 2) [10 EP] Tip Stunner

AP: Dazzle 4 (Visual and Auditory;Flaw: Unreliable [5 Uses]) [6EP] - Flash Pellets

AP: Obscure 4 (Visual; Extra: Continuous; Flaw: Unreliable [5 Uses]) [6EP] - Smoke Pellets

13 EP for his civvie gear.

I think the reason that Batman Expys are able to afford all their crap is because they often AP their equipment together. That's what Archeville did, and he's got like 5 HQs!

The first item in the Array would have to be 53 EP or more. That still wouldn't help me much in this situation.

The first item in the Array would have to be 53 EP or more. That still wouldn't help me much in this situation.

It does if you have any other equipment besides that you're trying to squish in. That 53EP is still very expensive, but at least it can reduce the cost of whatever else you're getting.

An Equipment cane, based off on the one Duncan Summers has in Hero High.

Strike 3 (Feats: Accurate, Mighty) [5EP] - Cane

BE: Stun 4 (Feat: Alternate Power 2) [10 EP] Tip Stunner

AP: Dazzle 4 (Visual and Auditory;Flaw: Unreliable [5 Uses]) [6EP] - Flash Pellets

AP: Obscure 4 (Visual; Extra: Continuous; Flaw: Unreliable [5 Uses]) [6EP] - Smoke Pellets

15 EP for his gear. Not bad.

Why, exactly, does it need full Concealment against ALL sense types? The flying car is totally invisible, silent, odorless, etc? No heat signature? Blocks mental powers? I doubt it.

:science: A bit more seriously though, this is future-tech. I would drop the mental Concealment, but it's part of the package, so to speak, when you buy Concealment 10.

That's a valid and interesting question.

Added some of his civvie gear to to first post. Also, would Blending or Passive be a good Flaw for the Concealment, or would it be considered cheesy? Blending, because a vehicle can't take double-move actions or all-out movement, and Passive, because the car has no weapons and therefore no attacks.

That's a valid and interesting question.

Added some of his civvie gear to to first post. Also, would Blending or Passive be a good Flaw for the Concealment, or would it be considered cheesy? Blending, because a vehicle can't take double-move actions or all-out movement, and Passive, because the car has no weapons and therefore no attacks.

That's not cheesy, that's "please smash an axe into my face" ;) As SC says, if it doesn't disadvantage you, you get nothing for it.