Hero TV! (OOC)

Quinn

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, everyone except Changeling made their Notice checks, so sadly I have to -SPOILER- this.

Everyone who made their Notice checks, you spot what look like oddly discolored metal squares and circles scattered here and there around the arena floor.

And since Glowstar got a 28, he gets this!

Some look like simply painted-over metal plates, while others seem to omminously hummm when you listen carefully.

Ok. I was going to roll up 20 minions for you guys to fight as a first round, buuuut...

Knievelbot initiative! (1d20-1=18, 1d20-1=2, 1d20-1=10, 1d20-1=18, 1d20-1=9, 1d20-1=1, 1d20-1=13, 1d20-1=6, 1d20-1=10, 1d20-1=12, 1d20-1=0, 1d20-1=7, 1d20-1=12, 1d20-1=4, 1d20-1=9, 1d20-1=14, 1d20-1=12, 1d20-1=18, 1d20-1=0, 1d20-1=13)

Yeah. No.

So consider this an RP round. Sufficiently detailed and epic descriptions, fitting within your character's powers, will earn you an HP at the end of the fight. The robots themselves are charging towards you, some look to be aiming at the civilians, who are staying well out of the way behind you. There are around twenty of them, so have fun!

And Aoi, minion? And how would she be summoning it?

Magic, heh, not exactly, it's a gargoyle who offered assistance to her, so all she has to do to call him is say his name. He can't teleport so he'd probably burst through the ceiling or something. Don't have to do it now if you think later would be more dramatic, it's probably not something she'd bring out immediately for fear it might scare the hostages or the heroes might attack it needlessly(it is like a twelve foot tall stone demonic looking figure with bat out of heck wings).

Anyway, time to post Changeling sitting out this round. Well I guess I couldn't call what she's doing sitting.

Hmm...considering just how deep underground the heroes are...

Sorry Aoi, imma gonna say no to that summon. If you can stunt a portal or something for it to come through, then yeah, I'll let it appear, but otherwise no.

Not telling you how to do your job here. Rather, just making a friendly suggestion. You may just want to say no altogether, and grant her a Hero Point. I would say it qualifies as a significant enough setback.

Quinn, if I am wrong please correct me.

I believe Quinn was waiting for you all to post again. Though you have caused some casualties, the robots are not all destroyed. Though some of them are still advancing, it sounds that others might be falling back. This is where you might make an in character post describing how your character does their part in "finishing off the last of the robots" or possibly "doing enough damage to cause them to start retreating in earnest, falling back, running for their shiny metal lives, etc."

In short, sounds like everyone get's one last RP post before the 'combat' can be considered 'over'.

After that happens Quinn will likely throw up the next GM post describing the next encounter or room or whatever. Oh, and Knievel will begin slinging insults again, but you saw that coming ;)

Again, Quinn, correct me if I'm wrong. I'm just trying to help move things along.

• 2 weeks later...

No hero points for the civilians being captured again (unless quinn overrules this). You'll definitely get hero points when you're given the chance to save them. Well, the choice, rather. Save them, or save your friends! Or some other classic villainous ploy.

As always, Quinn, if you're planning something different, or would prefer I edit, just say so. I'm just throwing this stuff in there to spice things up, and play to Knievel's unpredictable nature.