Blueshift

quotemyname

Introduction

Who are you? Sum yourself up in one sentence.

Inventor Extraordinaire!

Do you have any nicknames, street names, titles, or nom de plume?

Not really. I haven’t spent enough time around people to earn any.

What is your full birth name?

Rachel Geist.

Where do you live?

Freedom City.

How old are you? What year were you born (if applicable)?

Twenty-two. Born in Eighty-eight.

Physical Traits

What is your gender? If not applicable, please explain.

Female.

How would you describe your heritage?

Mixed. Most of me is German, but there is enough of everything else in there to make me a mutt.

How tall are you?

Average. Shorter than I’d like, really. 5’6’’ to be exact.

What is your body type?

Thin? Small? Yea. Small frame. That’s it.

Do you have any particular weaknesses, such as allergies or physical disabilities?

Nope! Fit as a fiddle. Thanks, science!

How do you carry yourself? Are you graceful, or heavy on your feet? Can you be stealthy, do you walk with confidence?

I’m like a gazelle. But not lanky. Graceful. Springy. Stealthy? Sure. Like a cat! Meow.

Describe your skin, eye, and hair color.

Hair: Blonde. Eyes: Green. Skin: Fair.

How do you wear your hair, if applicable? Do you have facial hair?

Up. So it’s out of the way. Thankfully, no.

Do you consider yourself attractive? Do others?

Sure. I guess. Don’t really flaunt it, so not really. I’m more likely to use a love potion to get a guy than anything else.

Do you have any scars, tattoos, piercings, or birthmarks?

Tattoos. I have those. Mobius Ring: inside left forearm. Pi: Upper left chest. 42: Right shoulder. Barcode: Back of the neck. Cliché, I know.

Do you resemble anyone famous?

No. Please.

Do you have a dominant hand?

Right.

What kind of clothing do you wear?

Jeans. Hoodies. Comfortable and functional.

Do you wear makeup?

Barely. Basics. More for special occasions.

What is your vocal range? Is your voice distinctive in some way?

Small. Yea, I’m tone deaf.

Do you have any distinctive habits, nervous tics, or mannerisms? Where did they come from, and what causes them? Do other people notice and remark on these habits? Do they annoy you or other people?

Tics. I have those. I stretch a lot. I think it’s tension. Mannerisms? My speech. I talk fast. And in short sentences. Sometimes I ramble. Stop me if I do. Finger quotes. Makes explaining easier. People hate it. But it’s a habit now. I… Rambling! See?

History

Where do you come from?

South Jersey. Camden, specifically. Not too far.

Have you made any major moves, or do you live in your hometown?

Came here for college. Never left.

Do you feel loyal to your country of citizenship? Do you consider yourself patriotic? How do you feel about the government of your country?

Sure. US is cool. Patriotic? Who doesn’t? Government? Please. I could do better. Politics are icky, though.

How do you feel about the place you come from?

It’s home. Simply put.

Where is your home town? What was/is it like?

Camden. Gun shops. High crime rate. Window bars. List goes on.

Growing up, were most of the people you knew similar to you, or were you somehow a minority? How did that affect you?

White girl? In Camden? That’s like – Rare. Like, really rare. Especially a nerdy girl. Two kinds of minority. I got teased. A lot. It was upsetting. Not worth worrying about. I’m smarter than that. Thank god for home school.

Is there something you've always been really good at or really bad at? How has that affected your life?

Puzzles. Genius at those. Made the SAT’s easy. Tinkering too. Electronics are basically just puzzles when you take them apart. Boy, Dad was pissed when I took apart the TV remote. This one time he…Sorry. Rambling.

Were there any traumatic experiences in your early years (death of a family member, abandonment, orphaned at an early age)?

No. It was normal. Thankfully. Pretty boring, actually. Sucks being, ‘brought up right’.

Briefly describe a defining moment in your childhood and how it influenced your life.

Ever read Matilda? Rahld Dahl? Finished it at two. Younger than she was when she read the dictionary. That I finished the next week. That’s when mommy and daddy knew I was special. Sarcasm. If you couldn’t tell. Home school. Woo! Fake excitement. Socially awkward. Yay!

What stupid things did you do when you were younger?

Technically, they were really smart things. Still mistakes, though. You should see some of my ‘inventions’.

Where did you go to school? How much school did you have, and did you enjoy it?

Home schooled. Lots. A lot.

Do you have any mementos of your childhood? What are they, and why did you keep them? If you have none, why not?

I made this locket. I was young. It locks by twisting and turning. Picture stays whole, though. It’s of Mom and Dad.

When did you decide to become a hero? Why? Did anyone influence you one way or another in the decision?

I was bored. I’d done everything else that was challenging.

Is the reason you give people for becoming a hero different than your real reason? If so, why?

I don’t tell people it’s boredom. That’s lame. I say it’s because I want to help. It’s not a lie, though.

Do you have any deep, dark secrets in the past that may come back to haunt you?

No. Don’t keep secrets. Don’t see the reason.

Do you represent yourself as being different from who you really are? Why?

No. What you see is what you get. Can’t do a good experiment when you fudge results. Same concept. No good at lying anyway. Secret Identity? Sure. Common sense. Apples and oranges.

If you do have these secrets, what do you fear would happen if the truth became known? How far would you go to protect those secrets?

If I had a secret it would be huge. Only thing that would make it worth while. Any secret worth having is worth keeping. Go pretty far for something that important. Hypothetically.

Do you have any sort of criminal record? If so, is it public knowledge?

No record. Clean as a whistle.

Family

What are your biological parents' names?

Matthew and Kelly.

Were you raised by them? If not, please explain and describe who raised you.

Yes.

What was their standing in the community? What did/do they do for a living?

Middle Class. Office work and stay-at-home mom.

Where are your parents now?

Still at home.

Did your family stay in one area or move around a lot?

We stay put. Been there since I can remember.

How did you get along with their parents? How do you get along with them now (if applicable).

Fine. I visit now and then, and Mom calls sometimes, but I don’t talk to Dad much. He never really has much to say.

How do your parents view you now, or how would they?

Proud. They’ve always been proud of, “their little scientist.†Reaaaaally irritating sometimes.

Do you have any siblings? If so how many and what are their names? Describe your relationship with them.

No. Only child. Guess I was enough of a handful.

Do you love or hate one member of the family in particular?

No. I love Mom and Dad the same.

Is any member of the family special to you in any way (perhaps, as a confidant, mentor, or arch-rival)?

My Mom. She acts like a phone diary sometimes. She calls once a week or so. Gives me a chance to vent.

Are there any black (or white) sheep in the family (including you)? If so, please explain.

I guess I’m the white sheep. Things seemed to “go right†with me. Parents thing I’m made of gold or something.

Do you have a notorious or celebrated ancestor? If so, please explain, including how it has affected your life.

Uncle Joe. He invented some gadget or something. Made a bunch of money, moved to Europe, that sort of thing. Mom always says I must take after him. (He’s her brother). I’d say I got a leg up. I mean, I give the guy credit, but ‘Towel Tongs’? Really? I could have done better when I was three! Monkeys could have inv… Right. Next question!

Do you have a partner and children currently? If so, please describe them.

No. Still single. Don’t get out much.

If you do not have a partner or children, do you want them someday? How firm are you in your opinion on this, and what might change your mind?

Yea. I think raising a kid would be an interesting challenge. Pretty sure. Change? Maybe. Unlikely, but possible.

What type of person would be your ideal mate?

Gotta find a guy who’s not an idiot. Few times I’ve gone out, well, grim prospects. Like you think talking to a brick wall is fun? Try some of these ‘Jersey Shore’ idiots. Not intellectually stimulating to say the least. Total turn off.

Relationships

Do you have any close friends? If so, please describe them, and how you came to be close to them.

Mrs. Keaton. Old lady in 203. We talk a lot sometimes.

Do you have a best friend? If so, how did they become your best friend? How close are you to your best friend?

No. Never felt like anyone knew me well enough back home for that. College friends are all but moved away. Hoping for a fresh start in the hero biz.

If you were to go missing, who would worry about you?

The usual. Parents, friends, etc.

Have you lost any loves? If so, how did it happen, and what did you do?

Never _been_ in love.

Do you have any bitter enemies? If so, please describe them and their history with you.

Smart enough not to make enemies.

What is the worst thing someone has done to you?

Recruit me for MENSA. So boring!

Where do your loyalties lie? In what order?

Loyalties? Like to god and country? Country then god, I guess, since I don’t really think there is one.

Who or what do you trust the most? Why?

Myself first. Fox news last.

Who or what do you despise? Why?

Stupidity. You really need a reason?

What qualities do you admire most in other people? Are these qualities you possess?

Intelligence, good judgement, level headedness, list goes on. Some yes. Some no. I’m trying.

What qualities do you hate most in other people? Do you have any of those qualities?

Imatience, unreasonableness, and laziness. I have been known to be impatient at times.

Do you have a secret identity? If so, who knows it? Do you hide it from people who are close to you? Why?

Yes. Haven’t told anyone yet. Gotta protect people, right?

Do you work well on teams and in groups? Are you a leader or a follower?

Hell yea. I’m a planner, so I try to lead.

Are you on a super team? If so, how do you get along with your comrades? Do you trust them, or do you have secrets from them?

Not yet.

Are you a member of any church, fraternal organization, club, committee, political party, or other group? How much time do you spend on that?

No. Religion just isn’t believable. I exercise and practice acrobatics at the local gym, though.

Personality & Beliefs

Who are your heroes?

Hello! Archeville. Duh. That Fulcrum – really lucky. Envious! Also, Ben Franklin. He’d be cool to visit once I figure out time travel.

Did you ever become disillusioned with former heroes or idols? If so, why and what were the circumstances?

Well, there was Bill Gates. But then I found out that he hasn’t actually had a hand in any of his company’s technical development in ages. Also, he’s a jerk.

Do you like being a hero? If so, what is the most rewarding part? If not, what makes you keep doing it?

Doing good is it’s own reward. No, seriously. I like the challenge, and helping people makes me feel good inside.

Is there anything that would make you give up hero work, or even switch sides?

The answer to the Ultimate Question? (Not 42). The Question Itself? Starting a family, definitely. Dunno if any of it would be worth making the switch, though.

What are your short term goals (what would you like to be doing within a year)?

Make some hero friends. Get on a team.

What are your long term goals (what would you like to be doing twenty years from now)?

Raising a family.

What is your greatest fear? Why? What do you do when something triggers this fear?

Well, I have this irrational fear of Cauliflower. I just don’t get why it had to be white. I just try not to go near it. I don’t run or anything, it just grosses me out.

Is there anything you would give you life for?

Dunno. Always thought that was a sort of split second decision. Kind of defeats the purpose if you’re predetermined. Either puts your life on a clock or makes you too focused on making that the way you die. We’ll see when the time comes. If it comes. I mean like I’m not… yea, sorry.

How do you feel about money and material wealth? Do you desire it or disdain it? Are you miserly with what you have, or do you like to share? Is it a mark of success, or a means to an end?

Don’t need money. Not really. Enough to survive. There’s better things to strive for. I’ll spend what I need, but I don’t waste.

How do you generally treat others?

General respect and courtesy. At least I try. Depends on how they treat me.

Are you a trusting person? Has your trust ever been abused?

Sure. Not yet. Let’s keep it that way.

Are you introverted (shy and withdrawn) or extroverted (outgoing)? Do you have a lot of self-confidence?

Depends on the group. Confident about things I know. Less about things I don’t.

How do you act around attractive, available members of your preferred sex?

Nervous. Not confident in that area. Definitely interested. Too much so sometimes.

What are your most annoying habits?

Workaholic. Fussy sometimes. Too energetic other times.

Do you feel contempt for any general category of people? Who are they, and why?

Don’t like it when people refuse to better themselves. Lack of intelligence is unfortunate, but you can at least try!

What is your favorite food? Do you prefer any particular type of food? Do you take the time to enjoy your food, or do you eat as fast as you can?

Muffins. Muffins are wonderful. They’re like meal packages. Made of cake. Genius. And, no. I scarf just about everything. Like I have time to waste on savoring food.

What is your favorite drink (alcoholic or otherwise)?

I like sweet stuff. Fruity stuff too. “Skip and Go Naked†is just too fun a name for a drink to pass up. Otherwise, it’s Mountain Dew.

What is your favorite treat (dessert)?

Ice cream. Without a doubt.

Are there any specific foodstuffs that you find disgusting or refuse to eat?

Squidy things. Can’t put it down when I think about how it used to wriggle. Yuck.

What is your favorite color? Are there any colors you dislike?

Blue. Don’t like black. Just not interesting.

What sort of music do you like? Is there any that you hate?

Techno, Trance, Dance. Upbeat fast stuff. Don’t really have an ear for classical. Respect it, but don’t like it.

If you have a favorite scent, what is it?

“New Book†smell.

Do you have a favorite animal?

Aardvark, I guess. They’re funny looking.

What is your most treasured possession? Why?

First thing I ever built. Little mechanical walking spider. Doesn’t do much. Sentimental, though.

Do you enjoy "roughing it", or do you prefer your creature comforts?

Definitely the comforts. Besides, you can’t really rough it when you can invent comforts as easily as you can buy them.

Is there a job or a task you would absolutely refuse to do?

Dusting. I hate it. Useless chore. Compressed air. All the way.

Do you consider yourself a spiritual person? If so, how do your beliefs affect your life? How important is it to you?

Heck no. I believe in SCIENCE!

Could you kill? Have you killed?

Don’t think so. Thankfully, no.

What circumstances led to you forming that conviction, or taking that action?

That’s just not my, “jobâ€. I’m no executioner. I just bring people in. Let the courts do the rest.

Are there circumstances under which you believe it is permissible to kill? What are they?

Nothing’s impossible. Just haven’t found one yet.

How would you react to watching someone kill another person? Would your reaction be different if the killer was a friend or an enemy of yours?

No clue. Can’t form an SOP for something like that. Not even going to try.

How would you react if something important was stolen from you?

I’d be angry. I’d get it back.

How would you react to public humiliation?

Probably go run and hide. Maybe cry in a corner somewhere. Don’t really do well with that kind of pressure.

How would you react if a good friend or relative were purposely or accidentally killed? Has it happened to you?

Not yet. Hope it never does. Fear? Anger? Heartbreak? Lots of emotions come to mind.

What do you consider to be the worst crime someone could commit and why?

Genocide, I guess. Extreme oppression.

If your life were to end in 24 hours, what five things would you do in those remaining hours?

Cure Cancer, solve world hunger, simplify space travel, bring about world peace, and read a book.

Career & Training

Do you have any special training in your hero skills? If so, where and how did you get it?

Went to FCU. Not that it taught me much.

Who taught you the most about your heroing abilities? What was your relationship with that person?

No one. Self taught. Unless you count the research I’ve done on Archeville. But I’ve never met him. Just seen him from a distance. *sigh*

Do you have any particularly unusual skills? How did you acquire them?

Acrobatics. Practice makes perfect.

Do you do something besides hero work for a living? Have you ever done anything else, or do you plan to?

Lab tech. Pays the bills. Flexible hours. That’s all I need.

What is your preferred combat style?

Adaptive Skirmisher. Fight by not fighting. So to speak.

Have you ever received any awards or honours?

No. Looking forward to the Nobel prize, though.

What skill areas would you like most to improve in? Is there anything you can't do that you wish desperately you could?

Social skills. Being able to actually talk to people would be nice.

How do you act around people who are more skilled than you in areas you'd like to improve? Are you jealous, or do you try and learn?

Both. Jealousy drives me to learn. Best teachers are the ones that are better than you.

Lifestyle & Hobbies

What is a normal day for you? How do you feel when something interrupts this routine?

No real routine. Wake up, eat, run some lab tests, tinker, patrol, whatever I feel like.

Do you have any hobbies, or interests outside hero work? What are they, and where did you pick them up?

Hero work is my hobby. All the tinkering that goes into it included.

What do you do for fun?

Pfft. Reading. Boring. I know.

Do you have a costume? What does it look like?

Yes. Typical spandex suit. Tech gauntlets, boots, shoulders, back, belt, and goggles. The rest is just the suit. Pretty scandalous as far as the rest of my wardrobe is concerned.

How do you normally dress when not in costume?

Relaxed. Jeans or sweats. Don’t like dressing up. Takes too long, not comfortable. Won’t even touch heels. Unless they’re on boots. Even then, can’t be thin heels. I’m talking the big crap kicking heeled boots.

What do you wear to bed most nights?

Not much. Sweat shorts and a shirt. If that. Half the time just my bra and no shirt. What’s the point, right? No one sees you like that. Why bother looking nice. Never understood why people buy all this expensive nightwear. The quality isn’t that great, no one notices, just gonna fall apart. It’s such a waste. I just… right… sorry!

Do you wear any special jewelry? What is it, and what does it look like?

Digital watch. If that counts. Black rubber band, gray on top, flash drive hidden next to the battery.

Do you have a special place where you keep your valuables?

The bank.

What's your preferred means of local travel? How about long distance?

Intercity – Bus. Otherwise I guess I’ll build a plane or something.

Miscellaneous

Have you ever made a will, or tried to make arrangements for your death? What provisions did you make?

Yep. Everything goes to Mom and Dad.

If your features were to be destroyed beyond recognition, is there any other way of identifying your body?

Tattos, and dental records I’d expect.

What would you like to be remembered for after your death?

Change. Hopefully for the better. Large-scale, like whole world.

Do you believe you pose a threat to the public? Why or why not?

No. I’m very careful when I fight, etc.

What do you perceive as your greatest strength?

My mind.

What do you perceive as your greatest weakness?

No powers.

As a player, if you could, what advice would you give your character? Speak as if he/she were sitting right here in front of you. Use proper tone so they might heed your advice...

You’ve got the hero part down. Now just lighten up around people, and you’ll be perfect.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

ASTRO LABS RECORD DATE 6/20/2011

Begin Audio/Video Feed

The scene on the monitor shows a very plain board room style meeting room. It is a triangular room with a large 15 or 20 foot oak table stretching through it's center. The walls at the tops of the triangle are lined with windows, and then flat wall that forms the bottom holds a screen for a projector.

A woman of average height sits in a chair along the side of the table nearest the projector screen. Three men and a woman sit arrayed across from her, all wearing lab coats. One scribbles furiously on a legal pad, not sparing the woman across the table even a glance, they all have Manila folders filled to the brimming with papers in front of them. The man with the legal pad on the right end of the four is the only one with his folder open, and his papers are scattered around him.

"So, Miss Geist," The man second from the left spoke up. He lifted his folder of files and tapped it against the table in front of him in an effort to straighten its contents. "You've got quite an impressive application."

That made the woman across from him smile. Though she fidgeted, and though her long brown hair wasn't the most well styled a woman could hope for, and though she'd spilled coffee on her the only blouse (a white button down) she owned, and though her black with thin white pinstriped slacks didn't fit her quite right, and though her silver belt didn't quite match her outfit or gray heels, that smile changed everything. Her entire person lit up with the praise, but only briefly, before returning to her reserved demeanor.

"As you may know, we hear at ASTRO labs hire only the best and brightest. Though your work experience as a..." He hesitated, and the man scribbling on the legal pad supplied: Best Buy Associate, "Best Buy Associate, yes, is rather lacking," He hesitated again, this time for effect. After his dramatic pause he finished his thought, "We believe that your experience developing your own inventions, and the desire to help others that you've shown us warrants at the least, a probationary position with our company. Welcome aboard, Miss Geist. You start immediately." The man said with a broad smile. He stood and rounded the table taking the file folder with him. He offered his hand to the woman who'd also risen from her seat. Tentatively, she held out her hand, though it was a good six inches from his. Always the proactive one, the lead scientist seized her hand and gave it a hearty shake, making her squeal quietly. She managed a muffled, "Thanks!"

Deep down inside, Rachel was happy. Months ago, she'd never have been able to do this. But now look at her. She was about to become a real life scientist! With a lab coat and everything! An ASTRO Lab coat!

Thanks, Gabe...! She thought to herself, remembering her boyfriend who'd been a lifeline of support for her.

End Audio/Video feed.

• 1 month later...

Popular Science Magazine

Super Profiler: Blueshift

Our team of techno sleuths held an interview with Freedom City's own Blueshift. Here are the quick 20 questions that they came up with. Regrettably, Mac, her autonomous assistant robot refused to comment. This smoking blue clad cat gives up her secrets to the writers of Popular Science. See Also: "Blue-shoot" Photo Op (page 27)

1. Is blond your natural hair color?

"No, Brown. Blonde is created via chemical balance shifter. Invented it myself."

2. How much do you weigh?

"You're not supposed to ask that. But I'll tell you if you're willing to do the math. 8.8125310859821747629x10^-26. It's just Daltons, so the conversion shouldn't take too long."

3. Here's a question for the fanboys of Freedom. Are you taken?

"Yes. I'm currently dating Push. Though, things could be going better. We never seem to talk much these days."

4. Do you find that the super hero business gets in the way of your personal life?

"Oh yes. Incredibly so. I never have time to read anymore."

5. In your profile, you mentioned reading as one of your favorite passtimes. Who is your favorite author?

I'm a fan of the classics. Isaac Asimov, Jules Verne, the usual."

6. What are some of your other hobbies?

"Well, with an over-clocked brain like mine, it's really easy to get bored. I like doing things that require my hands. Since they can't keep up with my brain, it tends to slow me down. I like to tinker, and sometimes if I'm really bored, I'll play 'Six Clicks to Jesus' on Wikipedia. Though I have to do it manually, if I just use my brain to search the net, I just beat it immediately. Also, I've memorized every iteration of that game anyway. Sorry. Rambling. Next question."

7. Our research department has shown that you've worked along side many of Freedom's other heroes. Who's your favorite partner?

"Well, Push and I work well together. It's part of the reason we're still dating. But other than him, I really like working with Dr. Archeville, Ironclad, Victory, and any of the city's other prominent tech heroes. It's a chance to learn something new about how they do things. Trade secrets and what not."

8. There's been some debate on the internet about what your actual powers are. Care to clear up the confusion.

"Sure! I obviously have a superfast, supersmart brain. Other than that, the only other 'power' I really have is my ability to talk to machines, which I'm still getting the hang of. Everything else I do is something that normal people can do with enough practice. Of course, 'Don't try this at home' always applies. Leave the super heroing to the professionals, kids!"

9. Some of the more underground circles insist that you're on drugs. Some papparazzi have snapped pictures of you popping pills and such. Care to clear this one up for your fans?

"I don't mind at all. People should know the truth. All those pills are prescription. I'm heavily medicated for a long list of mental and anti-social disorders. Normal people get paranoid when they let their mind wander. Imagine a mind that wanders thousands of times faster than a normal human. I'm sure you can imagine the impact on that mind's psyche."

10. So then the pills are medications for illnesses. Many of our readers are the bookish type. Some even have anti-social disorders of their own. Would you mind sharing some of your conditions with us? Give the readers a chance to connect?

"I suppose it wouldn't hurt. Agoraphobia, Acute Paranoia, Acute OCD, Claustraphobia, the list goes on."

11. Many of our readers have been asking about that unique construct of yours. Mac? Why name it Mac?

"First of all, Mac is a he. Do not under any circumstances allow him to hear you refer to him as an 'it'. And second of all, MAC is actually an acronym. Mechanical Analytic Construct."

12. Mac's chassis is reminiscent of a Roomba. Was that on purpose? If so, why make a roomba fly? Doesn't that defeat the purpose?

"Very funny. Mac looks like a Roomba, because his chassis is that of a hollowed out Roomba. I had one lying around, and it was the perfect fit for all the parts I needed to cram into him."

13. Why was Mac created?

"Originally, I was bored, so I decided to try and create an artificial life form. Then, I reallized the massive list of practical applications he's got. Now I work on him daily, expanding his capabilities."

14. What's your favorite band?

"That's easy. Daft Punk. Cliche, maybe. But true."

15. What are your thoughts on the LHC? End of the world, or not?

"Heck no. It's totally blown out of proportion. Besides, just read some of Hawking's work and you'll see there's already far more black holes in close proximity to earth than the general public is okay with coming to grips with."

16. Who are your non-super hero heroes?

"Ben Franklin. I feel like he'd be a cool guy to meet."

17. If you could go back in time and meet one of the presidents, who would it be?

"Taft. I would really like be able to figure out the coefficient of friction between tub and taft."

18. If you had to pick a fight with a celebrity, who would it be?

"Jason "Wee-Man" Acuña. I'd love to just put my hand on his head and see if he flails around at me. Meanspirited, maybe. But funny. And I feel like he'd be the type of guy to play along."

19. When on patrol, do you prefer to fly solo, or work with a team.

"Team. Definitely. My powers are best suited toward supporting and coordinating other heroes."

20. Last but not least, we have a reader question. User GreenScale writes, "Are you bringing sexy back?"

(Blushing) "That's hardly a scientific method question, don't you think? But yea, I'll play along. In fact, tell you what. I wasn't going to agree, but I think I'll take Popular Science up on their offer for a photo shoot. Can't hurt, right?"