Bad, bad boys and their dirty money! (Heroes)

Barnum

Across town at the docks, another set of criminals were also being watched, but this time by the eyes of justice. Swarthy and well-armed thugs had docked their boat by a waterfront warehouse, and had begun unloading merchandise of some kind, taking it into the dark building. This was no doubt the latest shipment of "Zero," a new designer drug that had been plaguing Freedom City. This was the chance to stop these drug peddlers before this poison hit the streets again. These were dangerous men. Caution would be needed.

map2.jpg

(Click to see the whole map.)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Across town at the docks, another set of criminals were also being watched, but this time by the eyes of justice. Swarthy and well-armed thugs had docked their boat by a waterfront warehouse, and had begun unloading merchandise of some kind, taking it into the dark building. This was no doubt the latest shipment of "Zero," a new designer drug that had been plaguing Freedom City. This was the chance to stop these drug peddlers before this poison hit the streets again. These were dangerous men. Caution would be needed.

map2.jpg

map2.jpg

The man-fish formerly known as Tom Tanner gently treaded water, his eyes just above the water line as he watched the men unloading the boat. He had been exploring the rivers around Freedom City for days now, taking stock of the activities on the waterfronts. The Fens clearly was a center of nefarious activity. If he wanted to do something helpful, this would be a good place to start. And here he was in his element.

He went under and moved closer to the boat. He was going to hit these smugglers hard and fast. He swam toward the walkway linking the boat to the dock. He wanted to come up right beside it, and grab the first smuggler he could and pull him into the water as quickly as possible.

OOC: I assume that will be the guy who's standing right by the walk way.

Stealth 23, Initiative 23

http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1342355

The man-fish formerly known as Tom Tanner gently treaded water, his eyes just above the water line as he watched the men unloading the boat. He had been exploring the rivers around Freedom City for days now, taking stock of the activities on the waterfronts. The Fens clearly was a center of nefarious activity. If he wanted to do something helpful, this would be a good place to start. And here he was in his element.

He went under and moved closer to the boat. He was going to hit these smugglers hard and fast. He swam toward the walkway linking the boat to the dock. He wanted to come up right beside it, and grab the first smuggler he could and pull him into the water as quickly as possible.

A garishly clad figure in green lurked in the shadows on the roof across from the boat. The new hero known as The Twister looked on and thought to himself; It looks like my tip was right. They are unloading a shipment of Zero. Maybe I should wait for the buyers to come and I can nab everyone at once?

Using his jacked up metabolism the world seemed to move in slow motion to the former junkie as he tried to take in all the details of what layed before him.

OOC: Use Quickness to take 20 on Notice Check for a 25. I believe I fail to see Pirahna due to the distance modifier . Initiative 31

A garishly clad figure in green lurked in the shadows on the roof across from the boat. The new hero known as The Twister looked on and thought to himself; It looks like my tip was right. They are unloading a shipment of Zero. Maybe I should wait for the buyers to come and I can nab everyone at once?

Using his jacked up metabolism the world seemed to move in slow motion to the former junkie as he tried to take in all the details of what layed before him.

OOC: Use Quickness to take 20 on Notice Check for a 25. I believe I fail to see Pirahna due to the distance modifier . Initiative 31

"What's the time?"

One of the dark-haired thugs, shouldered his rifle and looked at his watch. "11:48. Right on schedule."

"Keep it moving."

The three drug-dealers continued working to unload the small boxes from the speed boat. They had a sharp rhythm going. The man in the boat would hoist the box up to the woman and then quickly scan the harbor. The woman would carry the box across the dock to meet the third man, then she would go back to scanning the harbor, her pistol raised. The third man would hand the box off to someone inside the warehouse and return to watching with his rifle at the ready. They had been doing this, unloading and keeping alert for trouble, for some time, and they were nearing the bottom of the stack of boxes. Soon they would be done.

"What's the time?"

One of the dark-haired thugs, shouldered his rifle and looked at his watch. "11:48. Right on schedule."

"Keep it moving."

The three drug-dealers continued working to unload the small boxes from the speed boat. They had a sharp rhythm going. The man in the boat would hoist the box up to the woman and then quickly scan the harbor. The woman would carry the box across the dock to meet the third man, then she would go back to scanning the harbor, her pistol raised. The third man would hand the box off to someone inside the warehouse and return to watching with his rifle at the ready. They had been doing this, unloading and keeping alert for trouble, for some time, and they were nearing the bottom of the stack of boxes. Soon they would be done.

"What's the time?"

"Keep it moving."

Well I can't afford to let them sail off. Once he saw a large bunch of themcloser together the hero started to move, and as he did he began to spin on his own heels. Like an old Bugs Bunny cartoon starring the Tasmanian Devil a miniature whirlwind forms and travels down the side of the building and onto the docks.

Those caught in the high velocity winds find it hard to hold onto anything.

OOC: Activate Spinning, Wall Run down building to a spot where I can get the most thugs in a 20 foot radius. Use selective Air Control to make a Disarm attempt on everyone in 20'radius.Attack Roll 24

Well I can't afford to let them sail off. Once he saw a large bunch of themcloser together the hero started to move, and as he did he began to spin on his own heels. Like an old Bugs Bunny cartoon starring the Tasmanian Devil a miniature whirlwind forms and travels down the side of the building and onto the docks.

OOC: Activate Spinning, Wall Run down building to a spot where I can get the most thugs in a 20 foot radius. Use selective Air Control to make a Disarm attempt on everyone in 20'radius.Attack Roll 24

The Pirhana burst from the water and reached for the thug. As soon as he was in the open air, though, the would-be hero felt somewhat out of his element, and he did not strike as viciously as he might have in the water. He grasped for the thug, hoping he might be able to seize him despite his stumbling.

Grapple Check 12

http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1348421

(I forgot to add Str bonus to check on IC but added it here.)

The Pirhana burst from the water and reached for the thug. As soon as he was in the open air, though, the would-be hero felt somewhat out of his element, and he did not strike as viciously as he might have in the water. He grasped for the thug, hoping he might be able to seize him despite his stumbling.

Grapple Check 12

Grapple Check 12

Piranha shot out of the water and tried to grab the thug. The drug dealer was caught completely by surprise. He began kicking with his legs, trying to scramble away from the edge of the peer. He nearly fell backwards onto the dock, but he manged to slip away from Piranha's grasp.

Before the rest of the thugs could respond to the arrival of the aquatic hero, Twister touched down on the dock. He brought with him a swirling mass of air that nearly bowled the two thugs over. The vortex did manage, however, to suck the guns right out of their hands. Both of the submachine guns were tossed harmlessly into the water.

The response of the thugs was mixed and chaotic. The drug dealer was still trying to scramble away from Piranha when he fired his rifle. The bullets peppered the deck around Piranha's feet, but missed him entirely. The sound of the gunfire echoed across the water and down the dock. The drug dealer nearest the door, who now found himself weaponless, did the thing that was in most keep with his character: he ran though the door into the warehouse and shut it behind him. The drug dealer on the boat was also weaponless but had nowhere to run. He fumbled around in his jacket pocket, pulled out a small hold-out pistol, leveled it at Twister, and fired. The spinning hero, however, was far too quick to the startled villain.

map2b.jpg

Piranha shot out of the water and tried to grab the thug. The drug dealer was caught completely by surprise. He began kicking with his legs, trying to scramble away from the edge of the peer. He nearly fell backwards onto the dock, but he manged to slip away from Piranha's grasp.

Before the rest of the thugs could respond to the arrival of the aquatic hero, Twister touched down on the dock. He brought with him a swirling mass of air that nearly bowled the two thugs over. The vortex did manage, however, to suck the guns right out of their hands. Both of the submachine guns were tossed harmlessly into the water.

The response of the thugs was mixed and chaotic. The drug dealer was still trying to scramble away from Piranha when he fired his rifle. The bullets peppered the deck around Piranha's feet, but missed him entirely. The sound of the gunfire echoed across the water and down the dock. The drug dealer nearest the door, who now found himself weaponless, did the thing that was in most keep with his character: he ran though the door into the warehouse and shut it behind him. The drug dealer on the boat was also weaponless but had nowhere to run. He fumbled around in his jacket pocket, pulled out a small hold-out pistol, leveled it at Twister, and fired. The spinning hero, however, was far too quick to the startled villain.

map2b.jpg

map2b.jpg

Twister sped up onto the boat and ran rapid circles around the thug hoping to disorient him, but the motion of the boat against the churning waves was enough to throw the neophyte hero off his game. His attempts were little more then annoying. "Darn I have to work on that one!"

OOC: Take a Defensive Stance (-4 attack +2 defense) Use move-by attack to move onto boat attack with Nauseate. Miss! and then move back onto the dock by the door. Ah well at least my Defense is a 20 at the moment. :oops:

Twister sped up onto the boat and ran rapid circles around the thug hoping to disorient him, but the motion of the boat against the churning waves was enough to throw the neophyte hero off his game. His attempts were little more then annoying. "Darn I have to work on that one!"

OOC: Take a Defensive Stance (-4 attack +2 defense) Use move-by attack to move onto boat attack with Nauseate. Miss! and then move back onto the dock by the door. Ah well at least my Defense is a 20 at the moment. :oops:

Even on dry land the Piranha was a force to be reckoned with, more so than even a thug with a machine gun. The Piranha lunged forward and delivered a powerful blow to the thugs head. The gun-toting drug dealer was knocked completely off his feet. His limp body crashed into the dock several feet away.

The drug dealer on the boat nearly fell over from the vertigo caused by the rocking boat. He tried to shoot at the hero, but everything was a blur. His bullets didn't get anywhere near Velocity.

map2c.jpg