Touring the City, Pt 2 (OOC)

Barnum

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are plenty fast enough to go ahead of the crooks in the initiative order, but if you want, you can roll to see which of you goes first. Also, from here on out, try to keep your actions to things that could be accomplished in a 6-second round. We aren't in combat yet, but it's close.

You guys are plenty fast enough to go ahead of the crooks in the initiative order, but if you want, you can roll to see which of you goes first. Also, from here on out, try to keep your actions to things that could be accomplished in a 6-second round. We aren't in combat yet, but it's close.

Okay, it looks like this to me:

1. Velocity moves in to the bank and the bad guys see her (thus creating the distraction).

2. Johnny slips in and since they bad guys are unaware of him, a surprise round starts.

3. Johnny, once inside the bank, gets a surprise action (standard or move).

4. Then the regular round starts and Velocity and Johnny both get their normal actions at the top of the initiative order.

Map and IC post is in the works.

[Edit] 1-4 are the gunman. You can also see the two guards on the map. There are 10 or 12 other civilians stretched out on the floor of the bank.

1. Velocity moves in to the bank and the bad guys see her (thus creating the distraction).

2. Johnny slips in and since they bad guys are unaware of him, a surprise round starts.

4. Then the regular round starts and Velocity and Johnny both get their normal actions at the top of the initiative order.

[Edit] 1-4 are the gunman. You can also see the two guards on the map. There are 10 or 12 other civilians stretched out on the floor of the bank.

Johnny instinctively attempts to takeaway burglar 1, 2 and 3's guns. Using the move by feat, once I grab whatever guns I can then run with the guns through the small hole with them.

Takeaway (disarm) at 6 Str Bonus. (1d20 6=24)

You can only take a standard action or a move action on the surprise round but not both. If you'd like to just skip the surprise round (do nothing) and do that on round 1 of the combat you can. Disarm is a standard action, so you can only to it to one of the gunmen, but you could run through the hole easily.

Let me know.

Johnny instinctively attempts to takeaway burglar 1, 2 and 3's guns. Using the move by feat, once I grab whatever guns I can then run with the guns through the small hole with them.

You can only take a standard action or a move action on the surprise round but not both. If you'd like to just skip the surprise round (do nothing) and do that on round 1 of the combat you can. Disarm is a standard action, so you can only to it to one of the gunmen, but you could run through the hole easily.

Let me know.

Let me know.

I don't know if I am reading this wrong, but I thought Takeaway was a standard action (and able to do in the surprise round). It is a targeted Burst Area Selective Damage attack (Superspeed x5 feet radius - STR = 2/3 rank of my superspeed power) that disarms rather than does damage. Page 193 of Ultimate Power book. So don't you choose the area, and they all need to roll against my takeaway, just as if I sent in an area of effect blast?

I don't know if I am reading this wrong, but I thought Takeaway was a standard action (and able to do in the surprise round). It is a targeted Burst Area Selective Damage attack (Superspeed x5 feet radius - STR = 2/3 rank of my superspeed power) that disarms rather than does damage. Page 193 of Ultimate Power book. So don't you choose the area, and they all need to roll against my takeaway, just as if I sent in an area of effect blast?

You are reading it right. I was just confused by your post. You said you were using the move-by feat and then exiting the bank. I didn't make the connection to your "takeaway" power. I am easily confused. :oops: So . . .

1. Your radius for Takeaway is 30', so since you can't move and attack on the surprise round, you can only affect 2 and 3.

2. Takeaway, as it is described in UP, is a Targeted Area so you need to make one attack roll and apply it to each of the two crooks you are attempting to disarm.

3. Your effective Str for the disarm attempt is 2/3 you Super-Speed rank, so in this case 4, which won't be a big deal since you rolled an 18. :)

4. Also, you cannot use the move-by feat nor exit the building as you indicated in your post, not at least on the surprise round.

You are reading it right. I was just confused by your post. You said you were using the move-by feat and then exiting the bank. I didn't make the connection to your "takeaway" power. I am easily confused. :oops: So . . .

1. Your radius for Takeaway is 30', so since you can't move and attack on the surprise round, you can only affect 2 and 3.

2. Takeaway, as it is described in UP, is a Targeted Area so you need to make one attack roll and apply it to each of the two crooks you are attempting to disarm.

3. Your effective Str for the disarm attempt is 2/3 you Super-Speed rank, so in this case 4, which won't be a big deal since you rolled an 18. :)

4. Also, you cannot use the move-by feat nor exit the building as you indicated in your post, not at least on the surprise round.