Worst New Years Ever (IC)

Flare Knight

The man, though not really a man, for he was massive, with brilliant silver skin and a shock of black hair, with green eyes, and looked to be almost 10 feet tall, wearing nothing but tattered green rags across his chest, and a pair of pants with one leg cut off above the knee, with a pair of glowing black rings on his index fingers, laughed, a loud, deep laugh, as he crushed a skull on his head, and it shattered to particles. “SO!†He roared to his assistant, a female similarly dressed, tapping on a keypad. “WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO NOW!?†He asked kicking one of the people he was sitting on when they squirmed under his weight. The creature’s head was bashed in by the blow, causing the color of the man’s tattered, scuffed boot to change. He laughed. The woman shrugged, looking like she didn’t really care at all.

“Well, sir, we could stay here and Parteh some more, or we could find some other place.†She offered, looking over a group of even more similarly clothed people taking turns at playing baseball or basketball.

The group was very recycle-friendly, and they always used everything from every world they partehed at, so as not to wreck the environment, even if the Basketballs didn’t bounce very well and the baseballs were a bit small. One of them scored a dunk, smashing one of the other player’s faces in by stepping on it to get the altitude required. The make-shift goal- made of bones-, splintered as he dunked, and the rest of the group mobbed him for running the game, tearing him apart and taking his scraps of clothing for themselves. The game slowly descended from a group of people into a mob, tearing and ripping at each other and laughing. The large silver man slammed his fists together, the rings slamming together and causing the ruckus of the brawl- which had spilled onto the baseball field-, to quiet down, then stop, as they turned to look towards the alien, though one of the aliens through the last punch, knocking one of the other creatures down. Hissing, the Silver alien gestured. “YOU, GET UP RIGHT HERE! NOW!†He said, pointing to the man and to the bottom of his throne of living creatures. Stumbling his way through the crowd, the unlucky alien- a shade of purple- stumbled to his knees in front of the throne. “ALRIGHT LISTEN UP! THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU THROW LATE SHOTS!†He roared, then walked down his throne, stepping on the heads of the creatures making up his throne, standing over his underling and stepped on his head. Annoyed, he threw back his head and laughed loudly, raising his hands above his head. “ALRIGHT BOYS, LETS PARTEH!†A cheer rose up, as the aliens raised their fists into the air, screaming and hooting their approval. “AND WE’RE GETTING OFF THIS PLANET, its BORIN!†He roared even louder, heading over to a massive amount of parked bikes, old style, with massive front and back wheels and handle bars 4 feet back.. Getting onto the largest one, twice his size, he revved it up, and it floated into the air. The group of aliens all rushed towards the bikes, trampling the slowest of their number underfoot as they rushed towards their bikes. No one got onto one that was already picked, but there were several people without bikes. Indeed, only about ten of the men managed to get on the bikes that weren’t destroyed by the rambunctious group, revving the bikes. “LETS GOOOOOOO!!!†The leader roared, heading into the sky, past the atmosphere and into space without ill effects, his followers heading into space behind him.

As they left, the people who had been his throne of living people slowly got up and dusted themselves off, the crushed ones turning back into being uncrushed, and one of them sighed. "Thank Garflex that crazy kid is gone. I knew teens went crazy, but seriously."

"Tomar, Ganglo is 48 plaxars."

"...I hope he stays gone. Shoulda let the snakes eat him when he was born." the first man finished, then sighed as the people set about rebuilding their planet.

It was a calm day in Freedom, the sun was shining, and it was only slightly chilly. So, as was natural for Freedom City, something was about to ruin it. That something was a massive roar that made most people in the area turn down the street, attempting to find what motorcycles would be making such massive noise, but upon seeing nothing, the people on the street could only scratch their heads, until the first bike hit the pavement.

The Leader hit first, his bike bouncing as he landed, tearing up the pavement as he revved up the bike and drove down. His ten followers and assistant followed him, though the Assistant instead floated on a small platform. Roaring it to a stop with a massive wheelie, the bare-chested alien roared. “ALRIGHT! THIS IS OUR NEW HANGOUT!†He roared, stomping on the ground. “WHERE’S THIS PLACE AGAIN!?†He asked his assistant, who floated nearby.

“Earth sir.†She said, looking across the area. “That bridge over there is the Centery.†She said, looking at a semi-transparent screen.

“I WANT TO BREAK IT!†He roared back, slamming his fists into his handlebars.

“You can sir. This is our planet.â€

“EXCELENT!†He roared again, revving up the bike and tearing his way down to the bridge, his followers heading down after him.

As the Alien got closer to the bridge, and the people began running as the group of motorcycle-riding bads tore down the side-walk and roads, running over cars, knocking over street lamps, and using the knocked over street lamps to hit mailboxes into windows. The Boss himself, however, grabbed at a man as he rushed past, taking him around the neck and pulling him under his arm. Though the man fought, it was like attempting to claw through steel, and the boss did not even seem to realize the man was struggling, and quickly grabbed a woman as well, leaning back as he steered the motorcycle perfectly with his booted feet.

Slamming into the middle of the bridge and hitting the breaks as hard as he could, the Boss did an excellent Doughnut on his massive bike, causing a double-circle as he looked out over his assembled men, all revving the bikes and grinning as he leaned back. Holding the man up by his neck, the Woman by her arm, making them both be a good 10 feet off the ground as the man slowly got off his bike, the boss spoke again, his voice echoing throughout the entire area. “ALRIGHT BOYS, THIS IS….WHERE’D YOU SAY IT WAS!?â€

“Earth sir.â€

“RIGHT, EARTH! THIS IS EARTH, AND WE ARE TAKEN IT OVER AND THROWING OURSELVES THE BEST! PARTEH! OF! THE! CENTURY!†He forcibly punctuated every statement with a slamming of his foot into the ground, making a crater. A cheer went up. “AND FIRST, WE GET RID OF THESE UGLY THINGS!†He finished, before throwing the man, straight towards the horizon. The girl he chunked lighter, sending her plummeting off the bridge and towards the water, straight down.

Minutes earlier, the sensors in The Underground had tipped Colt off to the arrival of the strange aliens on flying motorcycles. "Now, I reckon that just ain't fair." Colt remarked as he mounted the Stellar Cycle. "Flyin' motorcycles? Cain't let them barrel boarders steal ma schtick now..." Colt revved the engine and quickly took off. As he peeled out of the Interceptor's hideout, he spoke into his communicator, "Grim, trouble on'a bridge. Might need backup. Meet me 'cross town."

The woman screamed as she fell from the bridge. Abruptly, her fall was arrested as yet another flying motorcycle scooped her out of the air. This craft was piloted by Colt, however. Colt smiled down at her, "Beggin' yer pardon, little lady, but I jus' couldn't help but notice y'all were'a fallin' fer me." he joked.

Colt rocketed underneath the bridge, and dropped the woman off on the shore, where she could hopefully reach safety on her own. "Y'all run'a long now. I got me some business back up on that there bridge." With that, Colt aimed his bike back towards the action.

His bike landed with bump, tires screeching across the asphalt. He caused enough noise that it drew the attention of the aliens collected on the bridge. He calmly dismounted from his bike in silence. Standing before the steel horse, he dropped his goggles down around his neck, drew his hat out from it's hidden compartment on the bike, and placed it on his head. Unconsciously, his right hand went to his shirt pocket. He frowned when he found it empty, suddenly remembering that he no longer carried cigarettes with him. He shoved his thumbs into the pockets of his pants, and gazed across the crowd of assembled aliens. Finally, he spoke, "Well, if'n y'all're havin'a party, y'all won't mind if'n I crash't." A smug smile played across his lips.

--Eve, -- a voice whispered into the teen telepath's head also she drove back to the Claremont campus, on her way back from lunch. --Our deep range ScanSats detected a cluster of inbound objects. Lifeforms were verified but there was no response to ID challenge, either their comms are down or they're hostile. I'm stuck in a meeting so I need you to check it out. Tracking has them touching down near Centery Bridge.--

--Not a problem.-- Eve responded while sending a separate thought to Duncan Summers, letting the Dean know she was leaving class early.

--Be safe little sister.--

That was ten minutes ago.

Sage reached the bridge just in time to witness the aliens' arrival. Pulling her vehicle off to the side of the road the telepath quickly slipped into hiding just as a large alien threw two civilians. Her stomach knotted and Sage felt nauseas as she realized there was nothing she could do to arrest their fall. "Definitely hostile," she thought, anger flaring as she quickly and quietly made her way toward the invaders.

She almost missed the arrival of the Cowboy, her mental senses alerting her to his presence just as he scooped the falling woman out of the air.

Quentin had been dozing off in his study. Dozing was one way of putting it, as his eyes were indeed closed, he was in his favourite comfortable professor chair, and he had his head propped against one hand in a sleepy, relaxed way.

Opening up a quantum event that entangled his brain with the multiverse allowing him to scan all of existence as quantum events flowed from one location to another was perhaps a more accurate way of putting it.

He found it quite relaxing, soaring through cosmic radiation and particles with his mind. And occasionally, he would pick some oddity, like the landing of some alien ruffians intent on having a "Parteh"

He aroused himself from his semi-slumber, and rubbed his eyes, still half awake, or half asleep would be a better way of putting it. It took a little effort for him to focus on his clothes and reform them to the blue and white splendour of his Supercape outfit. He kept his mind firmly on the location of the aliens, and noted that they had already attracted a welcome party. Well, he might be a professor, but who said he couldn't enjoy the occasional party! especially one so unusual!

With a brief moments concentration, he figured out the nature of the two points in space time between his own location and that of the landing. With some nudging of string-events, a cascade of shifted particles and dimensions, and suddenly he was no longer in his office, but floating above the party. And spying none other than Colt, his mentor from his first arrival at Freedom City!

"Evening, cowboy!" he called out with a huge wave as he descended slowly, making sure his cape was both of reasonable size and not liable to get caught up in anything, as it had on their first encounter.

With a squeal of tires and a very odd engine roar, a small black and gold motorcycle came roaring over the bridge, pulling up to a stop near Colt's pride and joy. A small fellow, wearing a long brown coat, a great red scarf, and a wool cap took a long look at the assembled group, and the heroes beside him. Reaching to the side of the bike not visible to the aliens, he pulled out a hammer quite a bit larger than he was, and slung it on his shoulder.

"Why is it every time I sit down to have lunch in this city, something always interrupts?"

He nodded at the others, pointedly ignoring the rowdies across from him, and chuckled at Colt's comment.

"Nothin' wrong with a little gatecrash, hombre. Name's Push."

A flash skyward and the Sensei of Shockwaves looked up, his expression brightening as he saw a familiar figure.

"Supercape! Brought some friends with you from space this time?"

The large amount of people converging on the men on the bikes caused the leader to look around at them, cracking his neck as he leaned over and placed himself upon his bike again, a massive grin on his face showing a fistful of missing teeth. "Yeah...I figure it's fine if you guys parteh with us. The more the merrier." He said, revving the large bike up slowly. "But we aren't babies when we parteh, so if you can't keep up, then you'll just get left behind." He said, the two rings on his fingers glowing with a muted black color that seemed to drain the color out of the area around them, turning it black and white. "I like your bike though. I'll look good covered in your bloodstains after I beat you with it." He said to the first person, as the ten followers converged into a circle, playing some strange game, which ended with one of them punched in the face and thrown over the bridge, and two other men- apparently the winner- turned their bikes and headed slowly towards Push. With a sigh and a look upwards, the aid floated slowly towards the man in the sky, mostly silent.

"I shall deal with you. I suppose." she muttered, seemingly unconcerned.

"Well, partner," Colt began. "Seein' how's yer new'n town, 'n y'all don't know me. So I'll just say this once. An' I aim ta make't abundantly clear." Colts left hand drifted up to the brim of his hat. He held it in place as he tucked, rolled, and came up firing a few feet from where he'd been standing. From his kneeling position, he loosed a countless amount of bullets in a short period of time. His hands were a blur as he worked his gun. "Ain't nobody wrecks my bike." He blew the smoke from the barrel of his gun.

Lynn was busy taking notes in her US History from 1870 class when she heard Colt's voice through her comlink, discretely tucked inside her ear; in accordance with classroom etiquette her cell was off, but her Interceptors link was always on. Luckily Dok had been able to rig it so she could set the volume so low that only her extremely sensitive ears could hear it.

"Grim, trouble on'a bridge. Might need backup. Meet me 'cross town."

As quickly and quietly as possible, she swept her textbook, class syllabus and notepad into her book bag and headed for the door; it was the first day of class, so hopefully she wouldn't miss too much. Once outside on the Freedom College campus, she ducked around the back of the building, turned invisible and scampered up to the roof. She gently tapped the link as she safely stowed her book bag in a conjured dummy air vent.

"VINCE, I just got a call from Colt about trouble on a bridge; which one?"

The normally chatty AI was always quick and to the point when time was of the essence. "It's the Centery, Grim, and they've got hostages!"

"On it!"

In a flash, the shapeshifter shrunk down to pixie size, her student clothing flowing smoothly into her working outfit as she shot of the roof like a bullet. Having no idea what the exact situation really was, she pushed herself to greater speed, her gossamer wings thrumming like the props on a combat helicopter as she raced to the scene.

Once she got there, her stomach dropped as she saw two bodies hurled off the bridge by what looked like a large man whose skin glinted in the bright January sunlight.

"No!"

Grim darted downward, skimming just above the river's icy surface, a jet of water marking her progress; as she got closer, she breathed a quick sigh of relief as she saw her beloved Colt save one of the imperiled innocents on his Stellar Cycle, which left only one more for her! The tiny pixie's flightpath arced upwards, and with seemingly impossible strength and accuracy she grabbed the terrified man's collar, allowing his weight and velocity to pull her back downwards for his protection.

"It's alright, sir, I've got you! Let me get you back up where it's safe!"

The poor fellow was too stunned to form a coherent reply as the unlikely pair dropped almost to the water before gracefully swooping up again, banking to bring him back to the bridge’s roadway a good distance away from whomever so casually tossed him to his near-death.

"There you go, safe and sound! Better make for the mainland, just in case!"

And with that, she started to wing her way back to the mysterious fracas.

As the bullets hit the boss in the chest, the silver skinned man seemed to be about to take a step back, his booted foot leaving the ground, then he slammed it back down, grinning. "Come on, Cowboy. You'll have to do better then that." He said, extending his hands clenched into fists. From the two rings on his hands, he shot out a blast of energy at Colt, using his mind to try and force the Cowboy to believe he had lost his sight.

Even as those two exchanged blows, the two who had gone after Push roared at him, the first hitting him square on the Chin with a large fist as he drove straight up next to him, braking at the same instance, though the second flew over the man's face, his blow going over the Hero's body and sending him off his bike and to the ground, while the bike soared into the sky.

As the man fell, and the woman was rescued, he seriously thought he was going to die, but then someone grabbed him, taking him to the bridge. Collapsing as she spoke, he breathlessly, nodded, slowly standing up and running away from the bridge, thanking the woman over his shoulder even as he ran as fast as he could.

Supercape swooped down to the action, and puffed up his chest. His cloak expanded to ridiculously large proportions, and he theatrically drew up a finger which circled slowly.

"Desist your thuggery, ruffians! there are people here who still respect peace, quiet and security. Whilst I can only admire your youthful swagger, I must ask you to consider the culture and feelings of the good residents of the city. From this understanding, I am sure we can build a firmer bridge of co-operation and communication between us. Please, consider the foolhardiness and recklessness of your actions! I am sure you can see reason!"

When the man began his monologue at her, the girl paused in mid-flight, listened quietly, then floated up even with him, doing the same motion with her finger. "What you do here." She said, being as grandiose as possible, raising both arms and motioning with them rapidly to emphasis points. "Is nothing more then what those greater then you DEMAND that you do! Do you not feel like you wish to be free? Don't you wish to throw off the shackles of oppression!? You live in a crumpled mess! You only follow the rules, never questioning them! We live freely! For the moment! Don't you wish to throw off your horrible, boring life and live as you want? That's what we are here for, to live as we please, for this could be our last moment! Who are you to call us wrong in our statements! Perhaps you are wrong in yours, and we are simply helping those by freeing them from this mortal shell?" She finished, raising her hands above her head and bringing them down to her sides.

"No." Colt looked at her. "No you do not. Why ya do what ya do? Let me fill ya in. What ya do, ain't cuz ya wanna. It's cuz he says ya should. Colt pointed. "Y'all cain't say ya wanna be free. What ya do here?" Colt made a motion with his hands to envelop their surroundings, "Y'all c'n do what'cha want. Lon'as ya don't bother others. An' frankly what ya do here," Colt made another motion with his hands, "Blocks traffic."

Sage frowned as the two thugs converged on, and assaulted, Push. Initially she had intended to sneak close to the large alien and quickly put him down, but the hammer wielding hero looked like he could use some help. Slipping up unseen to the alien still astride his bike, Sage took a vicious swipe at him, telekinetic blade blazing a brilliant crimson.