Searching for a Scroll

Avalon

Persona stood atop one of the buildings that surrounded the Hunter Museum of Natural History. It was sunset and the museum had just closed down for the day. Within the halls of the building was the item he was seeking: a papyrus scroll containing the musings of the mad Pharaoh Ank'heaneten.

Taking a deep breath, he focuses his mind as he searches the nooks and crannies of his mind for one of his other selves. His "personas" as one psychologist once told him. They were a helpful bunch, these personas of his. Each one a different mindset and each with his or her own set of abilities and skills.

It takes a few minutes to find the correct persona. It was to be expected though since he was the latest one to surface and awaken. Karsus had been with him for only a few months now and he rarely used him in all that time. They were all a bit rebellious at first.

Finally having access to Karsus' abilities, Persona prepares for the job at hand. He takes a step off of the building and lands at the rear perimeter of the natural history musem.

Making his way to the marble wall of the building and places a palm on it. The marble begins to crumble into nothingness on the areas where it touches his hand as he begins to feel a tingly sensation in the same area.

A hand-sized hole appears where the marble crumbled revealing the interior of a janitorial closet. This was going to be perfect. Persona teleports to the inside of the closet and opens the door a creak.

Sticking to the shadows, he slowly makes his way to the room where the scroll is located while being on the lookout for museum personel or others who might spot him.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Persona stood atop one of the buildings that surrounded the Hunter Museum of Natural History. It was sunset and the museum had just closed down for the day. Within the halls of the building was the item he was seeking: a papyrus scroll containing the musings of the mad Pharaoh Ank'heaneten.

Taking a deep breath, he focuses his mind as he searches the nooks and crannies of his mind for one of his other selves. His "personas" as one psychologist once told him. They were a helpful bunch, these personas of his. Each one a different mindset and each with his or her own set of abilities and skills.

It takes a few minutes to find the correct persona. It was to be expected though since he was the latest one to surface and awaken. Karsus had been with him for only a few months now and he rarely used him in all that time. They were all a bit rebellious at first.

Finally having access to Karsus' abilities, Persona prepares for the job at hand. He takes a step off of the building and lands at the rear perimeter of the natural history musem.

Making his way to the marble wall of the building and places a palm on it. The marble begins to crumble into nothingness on the areas where it touches his hand as he begins to feel a tingly sensation in the same area.

A hand-sized hole appears where the marble crumbled revealing the interior of a janitorial closet. This was going to be perfect. Persona teleports to the inside of the closet and opens the door a creak.

Sticking to the shadows, he slowly makes his way to the room where the scroll is located while being on the lookout for museum personel or others who might spot him.

Dr. Marcus Anderson turned to his companion and smiled as they walked down the hall to the 'New Acquistions' vault, "Max, thanks again for coming down to help me out. I heard you were in town, and Eldritch is off on one of his 'missions' again..."

Maximillian Prophet slapped a friendly hand on the apparently older gentleman's shoulder as he adjusted the oversized poster tube whose strap was slung over his shoulder, "Not a problem Marcus, I'll just add it to your tab..." after shooting his most devious smile to Marcus, he continues, "So, what exactly is it you want me to look at anyway?"

A look like a giddy school-boy who just got asked to the Sadie Hawkins dance comes over Dr. Anderson's face, "it's amazing really, we just recently received a papyrus scroll that, if are experts are right, actually contains the writings of Pharaoh Ank'heanetan!"

After pausing for what he believes is a suitable time for this amazing announcement to sink in, Dr. Anderson realizes that Max has absolutely no idea what he is talking about. "You know, the Mad Pharaoh.."

Max, no more informed than he was 20 seconds ago nods, "Right, the Mad Pharoah, well, why didn't you say so. So, I'm guessing you want me to see if the papyrus is magical?"

"Exactly."

As Dr. Anderson opens the door to the vault, Max puts a hand on his shoulder to stop him, and nods towards ther right side of the room, "Did you see that?"

Max slowly slides the poster tube off his shoulder and begins to open it as he cautiously makes his way in the direction of the shadow he thought he saw move...

Dr. Marcus Anderson turned to his companion and smiled as they walked down the hall to the 'New Acquistions' vault, "Max, thanks again for coming down to help me out. I heard you were in town, and Eldritch is off on one of his 'missions' again..."

Maximillian Prophet slapped a friendly hand on the apparently older gentleman's shoulder as he adjusted the oversized poster tube whose strap was slung over his shoulder, "Not a problem Marcus, I'll just add it to your tab..." after shooting his most devious smile to Marcus, he continues, "So, what exactly is it you want me to look at anyway?"

A look like a giddy school-boy who just got asked to the Sadie Hawkins dance comes over Dr. Anderson's face, "it's amazing really, we just recently received a papyrus scroll that, if are experts are right, actually contains the writings of Pharaoh Ank'heanetan!"

After pausing for what he believes is a suitable time for this amazing announcement to sink in, Dr. Anderson realizes that Max has absolutely no idea what he is talking about. "You know, the Mad Pharaoh.."

Max, no more informed than he was 20 seconds ago nods, "Right, the Mad Pharoah, well, why didn't you say so. So, I'm guessing you want me to see if the papyrus is magical?"

"Exactly."

As Dr. Anderson opens the door to the vault, Max puts a hand on his shoulder to stop him, and nods towards ther right side of the room, "Did you see that?"

Max slowly slides the poster tube off his shoulder and begins to open it as he cautiously makes his way in the direction of the shadow he thought he saw move...

"Exactly."

Hearing some voices heading in his direction set Persona on edge. It seems there are some people coming this way. I better make this quick then. Still sticking to the shadows, he makes his way to "New Aquisitions" vault and he begins to make a hole in the vault's door with his corrosive touch. It doesn't have to be a large hole, just something that would allow him to see inside and give him a concrete distance to teleport himself to.

He takes out his machine pistol and checks it to see if it is fully loaded. Just in case...

Hearing some voices heading in his direction set Persona on edge. It seems there are some people coming this way. I better make this quick then. Still sticking to the shadows, he makes his way to "New Aquisitions" vault and he begins to make a hole in the vault's door with his corrosive touch. It doesn't have to be a large hole, just something that would allow him to see inside and give him a concrete distance to teleport himself to.

He takes out his machine pistol and checks it to see if it is fully loaded. Just in case...

As soon as he touches the vault door it crumbles and leaves behind a sizable hole that Persona is able to see through. It takes him but a moment to appear inside the vault.

Excellent. All I have to do now is to find the scroll and take off.

He quickly finds the scroll and he decides to take a quick peek of the writings contained within.

Bah! I can't read this. It seems that I need to have an expert read this.

His thoughts turn to the voices that are coming to his location. Maybe they could be of some use...

Placing the scroll into one of his trechcoat's pockets, Persona

quickly positions himself behind the vault door and waits for someone to come into the vault.

As soon as he touches the vault door it crumbles and leaves behind a sizable hole that Persona is able to see through. It takes him but a moment to appear inside the vault.

He quickly finds the scroll and he decides to take a quick peek of the writings contained within.

His thoughts turn to the voices that are coming to his location. Maybe they could be of some use...

quickly positions himself behind the vault door and waits for someone to come into the vault.

Turning the corner leading to the 'New Acquisitions' Vault, Max stops abruntly and turns to Dr. Anderson, "So, is it safe to assume that that hole is not supposed to be in the vault door?"

As Marcus nods his head, Max pulls an intricately crafted broadsword with ornate Enochian runes carved across its blade from the oversized poster tube. Taking a quick moment to collect his thoughts, Max puts the sowrd in his left hand and holds out his right hand, ring pointed at the hole in the door.

"Marcus, slowly open the door, I'll cover you."

Turning the corner leading to the 'New Acquisitions' Vault, Max stops abruntly and turns to Dr. Anderson, "So, is it safe to assume that that hole is not supposed to be in the vault door?"

As Marcus nods his head, Max pulls an intricately crafted broadsword with ornate Enochian runes carved across its blade from the oversized poster tube. Taking a quick moment to collect his thoughts, Max puts the sowrd in his left hand and holds out his right hand, ring pointed at the hole in the door.

Glancing down at his friend lying on the floor, only one thought comes to Max's mind, F***!

Turning back to the now open door, his eyes begin to glow a sinister red, the contour of his face seems to become more angular and less human.

His voice, no longer sounding human, but instead a deep, demonic bass, echoes, "Whoever you are, you have F***ed with the WRONG bastard! I suggest you drop whatever it is you've stolen and cower out of there; or I'll personnaly deliver you to hell!"

Grabbing the hilt of his sword with both hands, Max waits patiently for his opponent's response.

Glancing down at his friend lying on the floor, only one thought comes to Max's mind, F***!

Turning back to the now open door, his eyes begin to glow a sinister red, the contour of his face seems to become more angular and less human.

His voice, no longer sounding human, but instead a deep, demonic bass, echoes, "Whoever you are, you have F***ed with the WRONG bastard! I suggest you drop whatever it is you've stolen and cower out of there; or I'll personnaly deliver you to hell!"

Grabbing the hilt of his sword with both hands, Max waits patiently for his opponent's response.

The threat has no effect on Persona whatsoever. He grins as the others gird him against any further mental assault.

With a grin on his face, Persona moves towards the direction of the threat and sees its originator. Inside his mind, Karsus salivates as the foe before him lights up like a christmas tree to his magical senses. With a snarl, Persona screams "Your magic is mine! You will soon rot as my touch drains every iota of magical energy that resides in your weak human shell. Fear me for I am Karsus, the anathema of sorcery, incantation and witchcraft!" as his outstretched hand takes a swipe at Max's throat but misses widely.

Savnok, on the other hand, laughs at his fellow persona's lack of skill in the field of melee combat. You speak well O Great Anathema but soon I will show you my prowess. It is the blade that shall rise triumphant.

The threat has no effect on Persona whatsoever. He grins as the others gird him against any further mental assault.

With a grin on his face, Persona moves towards the direction of the threat and sees its originator. Inside his mind, Karsus salivates as the foe before him lights up like a christmas tree to his magical senses. With a snarl, Persona screams "Your magic is mine! You will soon rot as my touch drains every iota of magical energy that resides in your weak human shell. Fear me for I am Karsus, the anathema of sorcery, incantation and witchcraft!" as his outstretched hand takes a swipe at Max's throat but misses widely.

Savnok, on the other hand, laughs at his fellow persona's lack of skill in the field of melee combat. You speak well O Great Anathema but soon I will show you my prowess. It is the blade that shall rise triumphant.