Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Carces

Lights and S.H.A.D.O.W. (OOC)

Recommended Posts

Nope. Dragonfly chose to slow down and be more cautious, so the saving throw is made through the choice. Sil won't need one either as Dragonfly is stopped at the edge.

By the way, at any point during the adventure where Silhouette and Dragonfly are conversing and you're not waiting for a response as to what happens, feel free to post without me. I don't have quite as many opportunities to post and the posts I make have to be fairly large to encompass anything anyway. Don't feel obligated to wait for me. :)

Share this post


Link to post

Dragonfly uses Datalink to sweep for nearby electronics. Her range isn't awesome, but it's worth a shot.

A datalink 'scan' is an Extended Search. Her base range is 100ft; assuming I didn't lose my way on any of these tables a 100ft-radius area takes about ten minutes to search.

Invisible Castle is mean sometimes, so she'll take 20. That pushes the time up to 200 minutes; mental quickness drops it back down to 2 minutes. Search 'roll': 26.

Post pending results.

Share this post


Link to post

More Datalink! Mmm, Datalink.

Dragonfly tries to get the computer behind the biometric device to let them in as if she's an authorized person. I'm...honestly not even sure what the DC on a check like that is, because I don't know how mean a security system SHADOW has going on an already-hidden device.

I don't trust Invisible Castle, either, come to think of it. Taking 10 - final Computers 'roll' of 25.

Share this post


Link to post

If Sil would start looking to see if there are any cracks or indentations that might indicate a hatch anywhere in the area she can slip into(assuming it's not air tight, which if they have an underwater base, they'd have to get air from somewhere), what would be the check and DC for that check?

Share this post


Link to post

That's a search check and the DC is determined by how well-hidden the thing you're looking for is. For something like this, it's about DC 23 (25 -2 for knowing what you're looking for).

You also need to specify the general area that you are looking, as searching larger areas takes much more time.

Share this post


Link to post

She's searching like maybe the rock and a few feet around the rock to see if she can find any seams or areas where it might open up. Any cracks long enough for something like a trap door she'd be able to slip through.

Share this post


Link to post

Also, I forgot to mention to Fox: You succeeded in your roll. You know that the alert was not caused by your computer interference. The information displayed is available to friendly, usual users of the system. They're not allowed in at the moment.

You can try to spoof a higher up person, but that will require a more difficult roll, particularly since you don't know anyone in the system. There are also harsher consequences if you fail. Computer DC, with the datalink, DC 27.

Share this post


Link to post

Forgot to note - edited the IC post a touch to reflect Carces information and correct my misunderstanding.

Share this post


Link to post

I was thinking of Sil just slipping through the crack and opening the door from the inside rather than just forcing it open.

Share this post


Link to post

A clever use of your powers should make it a tight squeeze but it should be doable.

There is no crack along the ground, however, that goes any further in (It just goes lower into the ground before stopping - the whole thing probably slides downward to open). You'll have to sneak through lengthwise, which means you will be visible on the other side from viewers who are not looking at the door straight on, and any sort of camera/trip laser that might be in place would still pose a threat until you got out of the door crack.

For Fox's information, the heightened DC and heightened risk for the computer use is for opening the door during a heightened security alert. Your efforts at taking a 10 will still allow you to do anything that would not normally compromise security, as you are a friendly user. Feel free to put your imagination to use as the story continues.

Share this post


Link to post

I honestly thought we'd have to have Sil infiltrate and make a run for Creature while alarms went off. Nice.

Share this post


Link to post

So did Sil, well initially she thought she might have to go cliff diving/scubadiving but she is welcome to alternatives since leather is uncomfortable when wet.

Share this post


Link to post
Sign in to follow this  

×