Lights and S.H.A.D.O.W. (IC)

Carces

Dragonfly frowned, tilting her head at the projector and bringing her defenses online...just in case. "Well. Not what I was hoping for. But seems to have done something, anyway; do like the sound of 'prisoner intake suspended', at least." She sighed, glancing at Silhouette. "Ideas? Could try again - convince it we're more important. Didn't give us the level of access I was hoping for. Awfully touchy, for a scanner...."

• 2 weeks later...

As the message finishes displaying, Silhouette finds a hint of air being taken in through the side of the rock, close to the location of the biometric scanner. While its exceptionally well hidden, especially in the cold of night, there is a faint trace of what could possibly be a gap within the rock, and the crack is just large enough and symmetric in design to suggest a door or other entryway, despite all the pains taken to make the entire rock look natural from top to bottom.

There's not a lot of room in the gap right now to wedge much inside at the moment without a little creativity or brute force. Considering what you've learned, forcing the door open may cause an actual alert rather than an overly cautious level of alertness. There's no telling, however, which way is more dangerous - forcing open the entrance of forcing yourself through via computer.

• 2 weeks later...

Sil moved along the edges until she found the cracks,

"Found it."

Looking over at Dragonfly,

"Okay, I can probably slip through, though to be honest, I'll probably be pretty darn exposed once I'm in since if there's a drop I probably at least make my feet whole again so that I won't land on my two dimensional rear end. Either that, or I get stuck in a random crack that doesn't go anywhere. So what's the odds on your side of things?"

Dragonfly crossed her arms, frowning and tapping a finger as she studied the projector. "Could...try again. Convince it we're more important than it thinks we are right now, try to get us in that way. Don't know the odds. Suspect they're not in our favor - mmh." She tilted her head, shrugging. "Crack might lead to injury, exposure, or dead end. Hacking might lead to a security alert, but no injury, and no dead end. Try the computer first, slip through the crack if it fails?"

Taking a few seconds she nodded her head,

"Sounds like a plan. At the very least if we're captured instead of killed on sight, it'll be a way in."

Wow, was that a grim train of thought. Well at least it's damn hard to keep me restrained anywhere.

Taking a few steps back she prepared for whatever fallout might occur from a failure, it wasn't that she didn't trust Dragonfly, but a healthy dose of cynicism had served her well in the past.

She took a deep breath, nodding and biting her lip before stepping back up to the projector and the hidden security setup. The finger kept tapping away on her arm as lights danced behind Dragonfly's eyes; her mind reached out for the security system, building on her last semi-success to worm her way into the checks and alarms. No more games. Who I am - who we are - is not important. Are whoever and whatever I want us to be. You belong to me now....