Blake's New Home

Lone Star

Jessica sat up, brushing her hands down the front of her shirt, looking at the floor. "I... I didn't say I didn't like it, Blake. I just think we might be going a little fast." She scooted over until their knees were in contact again. Her hand came up and rubbed at Blake's stomach through his shirt. "I really liked this," she said, smiling. She leaned in and kissed him again, slowly pushing her boyfriend back until they were horizontal again. "I think we can still do some things."

What Jessica had in mind took most of an hour. At the end of it, the pair of teenagers were (mostly) dressed and under Blake's covers, limbs entwined. She lay there happily, facing her boyfriend, a slight smile on her face. "That... that was nice," she said, a blush touching her face again. "Didn't you think so?"

Blake's breath slowed down as he wiped a bead of sweat off of his forehead. "I think that was the best thing that wasn't- you know. It. I love you?" He cuddled up next to her, happy to be with his girlfriend. As the clocks rang the hour, he realized it was getting late. It didn't matter, though. He was with his girlfriend, and they had all the time in the world.

Jessica spread her legs straight-out until her full length was pressed up against Blake's. She pressed her face into the curve of his neck, inhaling the scent of his skin and his sweat, not to mention the no-small amount of her sweat that was on him after their activities. "I got that you liked it," she said, her voice muffled. Her hands stroked down Blake's shirt, tracing the ridges of muscles developing there. "Especially when you started jumping like this." She curved her hands suddenly and jabbed her boyfriend just below the ribs, which she knew -- now -- was a fairly sensitive spot.

Blake giggled and squirmed, twisting around. He grinned broadly and cuddled up to Jessica, holding her arms so she couldn't tickle him anymore. "Hey! That's a very well-kept secret, that spot." Blake wrapped an arm around her, and kissed her neck gently. "You're so beautiful, Jessica." He smiled at her and pulled the covers over both of them. Blake closed his eyes as he nuzzled his head on her shoulder. "I'm glad we're both so resilient. The guy who took my powers really gave me a scare, but I made a full recovery, just the same."

Jessica grew quiet for a moment, then reached up and cupped Blake's face. She leaned in and kissed him on the lips, not pressing hard but not taking her time either. She put her head on his chest and wrapped her arms around him, listening to his heartbeat. "I never want to lose you," she said, her voice quiet and tone suddenly serious. "I'm so sorry I didn't tell you anything had happened to me as soon as I knew." She felt tears in her eyes and turned to bury her face in Blake's shirt. "I never want you to go away. I never want this to end."

Blake held her tight. "I'll always be here for you, Jessica. It takes more than losing my superpowers to stop me from fighting. I love you, Jessica." Blake kissed her gently, and slowly. He cuddled close to her, and closed his eyes. "I guess fighting criminals is an occupational hazard of the job, but it looks like we're resilient or just plain lucky enough to stay alive after this long, so you don't have too much to worry about." Blake said with a smile.

Jessica's shoulders shook as she sobbed into Blake's chest. "I'm sorry. I don't know why I'm crying." She wiped her eyes on her boyfriend's shirt, but the tears kept coming. "I'm so happy. Last year I met you and Mara. I should be laughing, not crying." She sniffed, the tears starting to slow down. "Oh, god. Everything's happening at once, and I'm just worn out." She was pressed up tight against Blake, and he could feel when her breathing started to slow. It wasn't long until her eyes started to droop; within minutes, she was sound asleep, her head resting against Blake's chest and her lips parted just slightly.