Bank job

cosmicarus

Hey all!

Just wondering if anyone would like to participate in a little bank heist (as the heroes, of course :P ) Even though I've never stopped FtF GMing, it's been a while since I did so on the ol' boards, so I'm looking to run something relatively simple to get back in the groove.

I know what the villains are trying to do and basically who they're going to be, so all I need is some daring heroes (preferably ones with secret identities) who'd like to be at the right place at the wrong time. In the interests of keeping things simple and because I currently have an affinity for the 'newbie' in all of us, I'd like interest from those at the lower end of the PL table (this adventure could be a great starting trip for a group of PL7s, for example). If you've got a demonic, divine or mystical PC, they might get an extra kick out of what I have planned (that's not too much of a spoiler alert, so don't worry), but this should be a lot of fun for anyone.

As a GM, my style is pretty open. I like to play things free and easy, and I'm looking for players who want to have fun and be heroic. I also like long walks on the beach... just sayin'.

Daemon might be up for this, maybe he's cashing one of those royalty checks of his :D

Not so into the long walks on the beach, but I like watching sunsets :lol:

Daemon would fit in very well with the scenario! Looking forward to seeing him in action.

And yes, sunsets are indeed cool.

We'll keep this 'recruitment' open a little ways into the new year and go from there. I'm happy to run anywhere from 1 to 4 PCs. I may or may not include The Seventh Soldier as a back-up, depending on interests (but even so, he would be a background player to the main PCs).

In the meantime, anyone interested needs to have an idea why they would be inside The Freedom City Trust, one of the cities pre-eminent banks in the around 1pm on a weekday. They could be there on business, applying for a loan for example. Perhaps they're meeting a friend who works there? It would have just started raining outside, so perhaps they're escaping the weather? In any case, they should be there in their civilian identity if they have one, or with good reason if they don't.

Don't mean to nag, but just two quick questions:

1) Is there a set week for when the thread will start?

2) Where will it be set in the city?

Again, not meant to nag, just asking about a couple of things that you didn't mention.

Hope this works out.

Not a nag at all!

I actually swung past today to update this. I'm going to give it a couple of more days, and will get the introductory post up early next week (Monday or Tuesday). The adventure will take place in North Freedom; I thought this suiting.

Feel free to ask any questions you like! I'll send everyone involved a PM as soon as I get the introductory post completed :)

Looking forward to it!

So I finally realized that the 'please ask any questions you might have' bit was there, and have found some things I'm curious about:

1)Would you give a clue as to the identity of our opponents?

2) How many will we be defending against?

3)Will there be a 'special surprise', in the person of a powered individual?

and finally,

4)Has anyone volunteered for this play thread in chat in the interim?

Hey all!

A quick update: unfortunately Kavos cannot join us on this story, which is completely ok! Hopefully we get to play with him in the near future. My Rl mate cannot join either, which is a shame, but it does mean that I'll get the first post up tomorrow! Arichamus, as to your questions:

1)Would you give a clue as to the identity of our opponents?

You will find out in time ;) Don't worry, you're not going to be fighting Omega or anything like that.

2) How many will we be defending against?

To say as much would give a lot away! Stay tuned!

3)Will there be a 'special surprise', in the person of a powered individual?

Again, wait and see...

and finally,

4)Has anyone volunteered for this play thread in chat in the interim?

They haven't. I have, unfortunately, not been able to find the time for chat. That won't mean that I won't for this game, however.

Till tomorrow!

Erm, is something going on in the real world right now that is keeping you busy? 'cause if so, I empathize.

Anyway we could just put this on hold and come back to it if you like, no problem at all.

You are a very understanding individual, and I appreciate it.

Two things haver occurred here. First, my deep-seeded enthusiasm for getting a game going has led me to make promises I haven't kept, the second is the new job that has kept me from keeping the promises. Luckily, the enthusiasm is undiminished and, without making the mistake of specificity I made earlier, I will get an intro post up this week, afterwhich it will be much smoother sailing; the first step is always the hardest.

Anyways, I appreciate your patience. I would write the first post now, except that I'm finishing up the final shift at my last job (don't tell them I'm using the computer for personal projects!)

Keep watching the skies! (and this thread)

Congratulations on the new job, mein Herr!

Glad nothing horrible happened, especially considering the recent flooding. I was almost certain you had gone as a volunteer rescuer or something.

Also glad you can still do the thread, many thanks for that.

See you later this week!