The Closing of the Year [OOC]

trollthumper

All right, then, Dead Head is officially Interposing himself on the next attack. Here's where we stand:

Cannonade: 25, Bruised x3, 1 HP

Sorcerer: 20, Bruised x1, 0 HP

Push: 19, Unharmed, Fatigued, 0 HP

Hounds (1): 15, Unharmed, 0 HP

Dead Head: 15, Unharmed, Exhausted, 0 HP

Ironclad: 8, Unharmed, 2 HP

Mutt: 4, Unharmed, 0 HP

Ironclad is up next.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then we are back at the top of the round.

Sorcerer: 20, Bruised x2, Stunned, 0 HP

Push: 19, Unharmed, Fatigued, 1 HP

Ironclad: 8, Unharmed, 1 HP

Cannonade's turn, and he runs up to the sorcerer and hits him in the breadbasket. A 20 most certainly hits, so the Sorcerer must make a DC23 Toughness save.

...oh, crap in a hat.

Push is up next. IC post coming soon.

So I do. Duly noted. And as the hound cannot possibly make that Toughness save, it's puppy chow.

Dead Head is up next.

Ok, I have an idea for a Combined Attack next turn...and it's a bit of a doozy.

Cannonade and Push'll go with the Fastball Special idea, to hopefully stun and stagger the evil nasty, but as a capper, Dead Head'll yank the nasty evil energy out of that sorc and shove it into either Push, Cannonade, or Ironclad to hold for now. I've still got an HP to burn to stave off Exhaustion or another Fatigue if I end up catching the mojo, but Ironclad's uninjured too.

After the energy's gone, the two remaining not-focusing-on-keeping-evil-nasty-energy-down will pound the daylights out of the now depowered sorcerer.

Thoughts?

A fine idea, plagued by a few problems, at least according to the rules as written (RAW). (How much of this is actually a problem and how much trolthumper's willing to let go due to Rule of Awesome/Rule of Cool is a separate matter ;) )

As-written, DH stunted Nullify Necromancy, which just temporarily suppressed what that Nazi-Ghoul had in him. (If it was some sort of 'possessing spirit,' it would have driven that thing out, but it could try and get back in once DH stopped his counter-mojo). RAW, there's no real way to transfer that energy to someone else... unless he stunted a Transfer power. Problem there is 1) Transfer's a really wonky power, and 2) I'd need to stunt that, and doing so would KO Dead Head.

Also, the Nullify he's got now is Fatiguing, so using it again will also KO Dead Head. And it's touch range, he can't nullify from a distance, he'd need to get into melee range. Which he would be willing to do, but that might change some aspects of the plan.

Would throwing DH at the guy, so he tries to Nullify as he soars over him (and falls into an unconscious heap when he lands due to using a Fatiguing power and already being exhausted) work?

EDIT: Another problem, per the RAW: as soon as he's KO'd, the Concentration Duration Nullify ends, and he'll get his mojo back. So any follow-up attack would need to happen in the same initiative count as the Nullify itself.

Doing so might work, DH, but it would be risky and wouldn't add to Push and Cannonade's Combined Attack. Push could easily lift both Cannonade and Dead Head. But as Cannonade and Push's attacks would require a Toughness save, and DH's would require a Will, it wouldn't exactly yield much benefit. Honestly, the Nullify action, if it's taken, might be best from at range.

DH's Nullify is ranged, but the exhaustion gives him penalties on the attack (and since he's mostly melee, he's at +1 total on ranged attacks), and he's too exhausted to stunt a Perception version to make sure he hits.

Ah! "At the beginning of the round immediately after extra effort, the hero becomes fatigued," and fatigued --> exhausted and exhausted --> unconscious. So he can stunt something, he'll just get KO'd at the beginning of the following round.

Full Round: Refocus.

This will changed Dead Head's initiative to 23.

(Then Ironclad, then Mutt, who'll just keep flying around overhead)

Next round, Cannonade delays to go with Push (and maybe Ironclad).

DH goes

Free Action: Use Extra Effort to stunt

Nullify 12 (all Necromantic effects at once; Extra: Duration [Concentration], Range [Perception]; Flaws: Action [Full Round], Distracting, Side-Effect 2 [Mental Damage], Side-Effect 2 [Enhanced Mental Damage]) [cost 4 ranks/1pp, 3pp total]

Side Effect: Mental Damage 6 (DC 21)

Full Round: Use Nullify on Ragnarok-Cultist.

Nullify check (1d20+12=28)

Will save, DC 21 (1d20+6=21) :rock:

Then the Sorcerer goes (unless Ironclad stunned him with her attack!)

Then Cannonade & Push can get in a combined attack vs. the Sorcerer. Or, they could both delay, and Ironclad could join in on the combined beat-down.

How's that sound?

And we're back at the top of the round.

Dead Head: 23, Unharmed, Exhausted, 0 HP

Sorcerer: 20, Bruised x2, 0 HP

Cannonade holds off, as he's waiting for Push to unleash the fury, and the Sorcerer shakes off his Stunned on the end of Cannonade's turn. Dead Head is up next.

Well, that's a Nullified Sorcerer, all right. Good job, Doc. Of course, Dead Head is also unconscious but, y'know.

Sorcerer: 20, Bruised x2, 0 HP

Dead Head: Unconscious

So the Sorcerer, deprived of his great and mighty magics... charges the heroes with a knife. Specifically, Push. It's not even going to dent his Toughness, so I won't bother rolling.

Push is up next.

And Cannonade hits. Push's Enhanced Hammer Strike has a Damage of 12; with Cannonade's contribution, that ups to 14. Which means the Sorcerer must make a DC29 Toughness save.

...oh, you are f***ing kidding me.

Sorcerer: 20, Bruised x3, 0 HP

Push: 19, Unharmed, 0 HP

The Hound is up next, and it goes for Cannonade, who fends off its teeth with his Impervious. Ironclad is up next.

EDIT: Oh, look, I forgot about the Nullify. Happy birthday to me. With the protection of darkness gone, the sorcerer has only a +2 Toughness save. Which means he's Stunned and Staggered as well.

Sorcerer: 20, Bruised x3, Stunned, Staggered, 0 HP

Push: 19, Unharmed, 0 HP

Ironclad is still up next, and I'll reflect the changes in my post.