Daemon

Kavos

HellQ

Introduction

Who are you? Sum yourself up in one sentence.

A Teen Hero who has powers similar to many ghosts.

Do you have any nicknames, street names, titles, or nom de plume?

My friends call me Ollie

My Hero name is Daemon

What is your full birth name?

Oliver Rojenko Isles

Where do you live?

Riverside (Currently staying at Claremont)

How old are you? What year were you born (if applicable)?

16 - June 7th 1994

Physical Traits

What is your gender? If not applicable, please explain.

Male

How would you describe your heritage?

Mixed. My mother is from French Canada her parents come from France. My Farther is Norwegian.

How tall are you?

Five foot six.

What is your body type?

Athletically scrawny… I blame the French in me.

Do you have any particular weaknesses, such as allergies or physical disabilities?

Not really, although I burn easily in the sun, guess I get that from my fathers side.

How do you carry yourself? Are you graceful, or heavy on your feet? Can you be stealthy, do you walk with confidence?

I’d say I tend to have a good posture, I’m also fast on my feet and can be quite sneaky when I want to be.

Describe your skin, eye, and hair color.

Well my skin is pale thanks to my strong European roots; my skin just burns and doesn’t tan well. My eyes light brown and my hair is a dirty blond, often called mousy.

Daemons skin on the other hand is getting to be Vampire pale, my eyes turn a toxic green, and my hair goes white and gets this stupid anime style spike to it… No matter how I try and brush it, it always reverts back to it…

How do you wear your hair, if applicable? Do you have facial hair?

Short and neat, the style changes depending on what’s going on for the day. I’m ALWAYS clean shaven, I hate facial hair.

Do you consider yourself attractive? Do others?

Dunno, never really thought about it.

Do you have any scars, tattoos, piercings, or birthmarks?

Nope.

Do you resemble anyone famous?

Some people say I look like that kid from the remake of Lost in space, Jack Johnson or something.

Do you have a dominant hand?

Not really, although I prefer to use my right.

What kind of clothing do you wear?

Depends on what’s happening, I often wear formal casual clothing consisting of a jacket, vest, shirt and tie a belt and jeans.

Do you wear makeup?

No

What is your vocal range? Is your voice distinctive in some way?

Mostly Tenor, although I can dip into Countertenor

Do you have any distinctive habits, nervous tics, or mannerisms? Where did they come from, and what causes them? Do other people notice and remark on these habits? Do they annoy you or other people?

Not that I really know of… I do tend to sing in the shower, but I think everyone does that.

History

Where do you come from?

Freedom City.

Have you made any major moves, or do you live in your hometown?

Born and raised in Freedom City, but we often have yearly trip oversees to either Canada/France or Norway to visit relatives.

Do you feel loyal to your country of citizenship? Do you consider yourself patriotic? How do you feel about the government of your country?

Meh, I try not to get involved, it’s all a bunch of hogwash anyway I mean we are all human aren’t we? (Well mostly.)

How do you feel about the place you come from?

I like it; I mean who wouldn’t like living in one of if not the most advanced city on the planet. Not to mention all the supers around.

Where is your home town? What was/is it like?

Freedom City USA. The coolest place on earth, even if it is targeted by megalomaniacs a little more often than other places.

Growing up, were most of the people you knew similar to you, or were you somehow a minority? How did that affect you?

Being Freedom City it was pretty Multicultural but I’d say I was in the majority for the most part. Besides some minor bulling for my Jewish heritage.

Is there something you've always been really good at or really bad at? How has that affected your life?

Well I’m a great singer, but than my maternal family are all great singers, even dad can hold a tune if he wanted too. As for bad at… well I’ve always wanted to go skateboarding… always hopeless at it though, never could get the hang of it.

Were there any traumatic experiences in your early years (death of a family member, abandonment, orphaned at an early age)?

Well besides the normal childhood problems, the biggest would have been the Grue Invasion a few months back, but if it weren’t for that I wouldn’t of became a hero either.

Briefly describe a defining moment in your childhood and how it influenced your life.

Well there was this one time, I was out playing near the river when I tripped and fell in. I was only five or something at the time. Thankfully Siren of the Freedom league saw me fall in and came to my rescuer. I’ve always wanted to thank her for that.

What stupid things did you do when you were younger?

I wouldn’t say I’ve done anything in particular that was too stupid. I mean sure I’ve done some, but I mean nothing really stupid.

Where did you go to school? How much school did you have, and did you enjoy it?

Franklin Roosevelt high, at least I did, now I’m set to go to Claremont Academy.

Do you have any mementos of your childhood? What are they, and why did you keep them? If you have none, why not?

Well theirs a box of Comic books under my bed, there special to me. As well as this silver necklaces I ware, It was a gift from my Nan, (fathers mother), before she passed the other year. She was always a good listener and I could tell her anything.

When did you decide to become a hero? Why? Did anyone influence you one way or another in the decision?

Well, I was always raised to do what right. But what really pushed me over the edge to becoming a hero was a late night special on the freedom league. Their bravery and commitment to helping others really inspired me to do the same.

Is the reason you give people for becoming a hero different than your real reason? If so, why?

Well I tend to tell others its because its fun, I guess I’m used to living behind a mask.

Do you have any deep, dark secrets in the past that may come back to haunt you?

I once stole cookies from the cookie jar, and blamed it on the dog… otherwise no.

Do you represent yourself as being different from who you really are? Why?

I’m not sure who I am. Am I Ollie Young teen just trying to make a way in life? Or am I Daemon Super heroic ghost boy… or still am I Oliver Isles, Recording Artists and popular solo singer?

If you do have these secrets, what do you fear would happen if the truth became known? How far would you go to protect those secrets?

Well I guess I have some secrets, who doesn’t? but I think if they were to become public knowledge it would probably be a load off my mind, I mean sure they’d be embarrassing but at least I’d be out in the open.

Do you have any sort of criminal record? If so, is it public knowledge?

Besides the cookie incident with my mum… nope.

Family

What are your biological parents' names?

Vernon and Julia Isles.

Were you raised by them? If not, please explain and describe who raised you.

They raised me.

What was their standing in the community? What did/do they do for a living?

My father is a Professor at HIT, my mother was a famous singer in Canada but is now a music teacher at Freedom City School for the Arts.

Where are your parents now?

Riverside Freedom City.

Did your family stay in one area or move around a lot?

They’ve lived in Riverside since they were married, 17 years ago.

How did you get along with their parents? How do you get along with them now (if applicable).

For the most part just fine, I mean there’s always a little tension, but we get along together quite well compared to most.

How do your parents view you now, or how would they?

They’re proud of me. I’m doing all right in school; I’ve been accepted to Claremont (even if they don’t know why.) and I have a budding music career.

Do you have any siblings? If so how many and what are their names? Describe your relationship with them.

Nope, only child.

What was your birth order in the family?

First and only.

Where are your siblings now (if applicable)? Do they have families of their own? What do they do?

N/A

Do you stay in touch with them or have you become estranged?

N/A

Do you love or hate one member of the family in particular?

Not really, I’m fond of my grandmother she was always nice to me and understanding. If there was one person I dislike the most it would probably be my dads brother, He’s doesn’t speak the family too much he only cares about himself and money.

Is any member of the family special to you in any way (perhaps, as a confidant, mentor, or arch-rival)?

My nan as I said before, before she passed she was always kind and gentle, she’d buy treats and trinkets for us whenever we visited, she’s the one who gave me my necklace. She was a real carer and she always had time to help someone else in need.

Are there any black (or white) sheep in the family (including you)? If so, please explain.

My Uncle, His biggest goal in life is to be rich. He’s a lawyer and he ignores the family for the most part, but he’s also ripped the family off on a few occasions too.

Do you have a notorious or celebrated ancestor? If so, please explain, including how it has affected your life.

My mother was a popular singer in Canada, had a pretty good career too before she met dad and retired. Her mum is also a singer, she started in France before moving to Canada before she had mum. Than theirs great gran, mums, mums, mum… She’s a world class French Opera singer despite her advanced age she still sings once a week at her opera house in France.

Do you have a partner and children currently? If so, please describe them.

Eww no.

If you do not have a partner or children, do you want them someday? How firm are you in your opinion on this, and what might change your mind?

Eww no… I highly doubt it.

What type of person would be your ideal mate?

An amoeboid.

Relationships

Do you have any close friends? If so, please describe them, and how you came to be close to them.

I’ve had friends but none have really been close.

Do you have a best friend? If so, how did they become your best friend? How close are you to your best friend?

I’d say my best friend is Toby, we’re about the same age, into the same things mostly, both the odd-one-out in social groups.

If you were to go missing, who would worry about you?

Mum and dad of course, Toby too.

Have you lost any loves? If so, how did it happen, and what did you do?

Only my dog, he was old and well you know. It hurt, but we did get a new dog, a Japanese Akita called Nim. He’s staying with my parents while I’m at Claremont.

Do you have any bitter enemies? If so, please describe them and their history with you.

There are always people who don’t like you, but I wouldn’t say I have any enemies… although now that I think about it, that gang I bashed up in Riverside… I think they’d like to have a word or two with me if they could…

If you have enemies, how do you think they might attempt to work against you in the future?

There thugs, I’d say there idea of working against me is bashing the snot out of me, or my family…

What is the worst thing someone has done to you?

I’ve had a few bashings because I’m half Jewish, but otherwise nothing too bad.

Where do your loyalties lie? In what order?

Above all, you have to do what is right, even if you have to go against your other loyalties.

Than my family, and friends, Freedom city ext.

Who or what do you trust the most? Why?

Nim… but I guess a Dog doesn’t count. Probably Toby, I tell him almost everything.

Who or what do you despise? Why?

People who do wrong knowingly, and with full knowledge that others will be hurt.

What qualities do you admire most in other people? Are these qualities you possess?

Honour, Courage, calmness, wisdom. Well I hope I possess them, I mean I try and do the right thing, I try not to fight dirty, I try to be brave and keep a level head.

What qualities do you hate most in other people? Do you have any of those qualities?

Cowardice, Aggression, Folly, dishonour. I can sometimes lose my temper, and rush a little bit, But I’m working on them.

Do you have a secret identity? If so, who knows it? Do you hide it from people who are close to you? Why?

Yes, and nobody, well somehow Duncan summers found out, but otherwise I haven’t told anyone because I don’t want them to get hurt. Not to mention it’s not really an easy conversation. “Hey mum dad, guess what I risk my life nightly to save others as a superhero.â€

Do you work well on teams and in groups? Are you a leader or a follower?

Not sure, never really been on a team, At least not a super one. At school I work well in teams, I can be the leader but most of the time I let others be the boss, I can’t be bothered fighting for it.

Are you on a super team? If so, how do you get along with your comrades? Do you trust them, or do you have secrets from them?

Nope although I would like to be, I hear Claremont has a few super teams like Young Freedom. That being said I’ve heard rumours of a team called the Midnighters or something, comprised of a Vampire, Zombie, and other spooks of the night… I dunno but ghost powers just seem to fit the theme if you ask me.

Are you a member of any church, fraternal organization, club, committee, political party, or other group? How much time do you spend on that?

Two technically. My fathers Jewish so we often go to a tabernacle near our place on Saturday, and on Sunday we sometimes go to the local Christian church since my mothers a Christian. Although we tend to be Non-denominational for both groups, choosing to make up our own minds about Gods word and not some Rabbi or preacher.

Personality & Beliefs

Who are your heroes?

The Freedom Liege of course, especially siren.

Did you ever become disillusioned with former heroes or idols? If so, why and what were the circumstances?

No not really, I mean I understand there simply human, everyone makes mistakes including heroes, nobody can ever really live up to ones expectations.

Do you like being a hero? If so, what is the most rewarding part? If not, what makes you keep doing it?

Definitely! Helping people, I mean the looks on people’s faces as you arrive and save them from someone who wants to hurt them, its priceless.

Is there anything that would make you give up hero work, or even switch sides?

I’ve always been taught that you should use your gifts to help others, so that’s what I’m doing. I don’t know of anything that could make me give that up without actually loosing my abilities. I’m not sure if anything could make me switch sides though.

What are your short term goals (what would you like to be doing within a year)?

I’d like to gain better control of my powers, Join a super team maybe, and advance my career as a singer.

What are your long term goals (what would you like to be doing twenty years from now)?

Well Hopefully much the same, I hope in twenty years time I’ve grown into my powers and can safely protect Freedom City, even the world. I also hope that my career as a singer is still going strong and providing enough for me to live comfortable.

What is your greatest fear? Why? What do you do when something triggers this fear?

That my family will get hurt, I will protect my family to my dying breath.

Is there anything you would give you life for?

The innocent. I mean I would rather not give my life, but if my life would mean that even one person would live, I think I’d give it.

How do you feel about money and material wealth? Do you desire it or disdain it? Are you miserly with what you have, or do you like to share? Is it a mark of success, or a means to an end?

Money is money, I don’t desire it, but it’s apart of life. I live comfortable with what I have, there could always be more but I live comfortably at the moment.

How do you generally treat others?

I think I treat everyone much the same, I respect who they are even if I don’t agree with them, I’m always polite, and I try not to be rude.

Are you a trusting person? Has your trust ever been abused?

Yes and no… I try to be trusting, but I’ve learnt to never fully expect anything until it happens. I tend to believe a person if only at face value until proven otherwise, depending on the situation.

Are you introverted (shy and withdrawn) or extroverted (outgoing)? Do you have a lot of self-confidence?

Depends, I mean I’m probably more Introverted than I am extroverted but I can pretend to be extroverted easily enough when I have to for a short time anyway. I know what I can and cannot do, but I’m not arrogant either, so I’d say I’ve got a healthy enough level of self-confidence.

How do you act around attractive, available members of your preferred sex?

There is a saying I’m rather fond off… “Girls have cooties and Boys are full of snot.â€

What are your most annoying habits?

Erm… I’m not sure, nobodies ever really said, maybe my singing in the shower? But like everyone does that.

Do you feel contempt for any general category of people? Who are they, and why?

Not really, I mean no person or group of people are better or worst than another, and you cant blame any one group for the actions of a minority.

What is your favorite food? Do you prefer any particular type of food? Do you take the time to enjoy your food, or do you eat as fast as you can?

I’m a Vegetarian; my favourite food is Vegetarian lasagne. I try and enjoy my food, but sometimes I can scoff into it like any other teenager.

What is your favorite drink (alcoholic or otherwise)?

Fruit smoothes! Especially strawberry sherbet.

What is your favorite treat (dessert)?

Macadamia Banana Ice cream, with NO dairy!

Are there any specific foodstuffs that you find disgusting or refuse to eat?

Mostly animal products, it has nothing to do with morality or feeling for the animals, they simply don’t agree with me when I eat them and make me sick.

What is your favorite color? Are there any colors you dislike?

Sapphire

What sort of music do you like? Is there any that you hate?

I’m like most music, so I guess I’m eclectic, although I hate the grunge/heavy metal stuff.

If you have a favorite scent, what is it?

Peppermint

Do you have a favorite animal?

Falcon

What is your most treasured possession? Why?

The silver necklace my Nan gave me before she passed.

Do you enjoy "roughing it", or do you prefer your creature comforts?

My definition of roughing it is a three star hotel… Toilet, shower and a bed all a must.

Is there a job or a task you would absolutely refuse to do?

Hmm Well I’d probably give almost anything a try, although I don’t think I could be a butcher, I hate the smell and the feeling of meat.

Do you consider yourself a spiritual person? If so, how do your beliefs affect your life?How important is it to you?

Yeah, I’ve been raised both Jewish and Christian so I’d say I’m a spiritual person. Well they I think they help me be a better person, and there very important to me.

Was your faith influenced or molded by anyone special?

My parents, my father being Jewish taught me all about my ancestors, and my mother being Christian taught me about Christ.

If you belong to a religious organization, how often do you attend? Do you have a specific place of worship, or friends within the organization? How much do you agree with the beliefs of your organization?

Yes and no, my family tends to make up our own minds on what our holy text are telling us and not what some minister or rabbi is. But we do sometimes attend bother a Jewish temple and a Christian church every now and than.

Could you kill? Have you killed?

I’ve never killed, and I want to say I couldn’t, but I’m not sure… I mean most people I couldn’t but sometimes you hear about this person who… I don’t know the only thing that you can really do with them is kill them otherwise they’d just keep hurting others.

What circumstances led to you forming that conviction, or taking that action?

My faith, and my desirer to protect people from harm.

Are there circumstances under which you believe it is permissible to kill? What are they?

Well strictly by the book No, “thou shall NOT kill.†End of story. But I mean I think sometimes its ok to kill if its an accident, or if it’s the only way to protect someone (including yourself.).

How would you react to watching someone kill another person? Would your reaction be different if the killer was a friend or an enemy of yours?

I’m not sure how I’d handle it… I hope I never have to. All life is precious. If the killer was a friend It would depend on how and why they killed the person, if an enemy it would give me an even greater drive to put them away so they couldn’t harm anyone else.

How would you react if something important was stolen from you?

Well I’d be upset about it for one. I’d probably try and hunt them down to retrieve my stuff, and then leave them at the mercy of the cops.

How would you react to public humiliation?

If being in the music business has taught me anything… all you can do is grin and bare it. I mean there’s not much you can do. Critics will always hate you and right bad stuff about you; anti-fans will always try and spread rumours about you. All you can do is put on a brave face, fix what you can and ignore the rest.

How would you react if a good friend or relative were purposely or accidentally killed? Has it happened to you?

Well I’d be devastated of course. If it was an accident well as hard as it is, it happens. If it was on purpose than I’d probably hunt the person down and hand them over to the cops. My Nan, she died the other year after a head on collision with another car. The roads were wet and icy and the other person lost control…

What do you consider to be the worst crime someone could commit and why?

Well theirs loads of ‘worst crimes’ but I think one of the worst is probably abuse… in all its forms… I mean you abuse someone and more often than not they grow up to be just like the person who abused them… its just terrifying how it ‘breeds’.

If your life were to end in 24 hours, what five things would you do in those remaining hours?

1: Spend it with my family and friends

2: Eat my favourite food!

3: Make piece with my fate

4: Go out and about to my favourite places

5: Die watching my Favourite movie.

Career & Training

Do you have any special training in your hero skills? If so, where and how did you get it?

Well I’m good at martial arts, I’m not a black belt, but I’m working on it. I’m also a great singer but that’s genetic.

Who taught you the most about your heroing abilities? What was your relationship with that person?

Well Singing doesn’t really do anything for heroing, but my mum taught me everything I know. As for Martial arts I studied and am studying at Master Lees School of self-defence.

Do you have any particularly unusual skills? How did you acquire them?

Besides the fact that I can become invisible to almost every sense, can fly, phase through objects, and blow shadowing green ghost fire at people… nah not really.

Do you do something besides hero work for a living? Have you ever done anything else, or do you plan to?

I’m a professional singer and student. I’ve got about two records out at the moment, although the last one isn’t doing so hot thanks to my moron of a manager. I also have the occasional gig at some fancy restraint or two who do cabaret.

What is your preferred combat style?

Well I started learning Kung fu (white Crain), although with my new ghost powers, I’m starting to lean towards ninjitsu.

Have you ever received any awards or honours?

I’ve gotten a few awards for my singing, and I came in second place at a Martial arts contest once.

What skill areas would you like most to improve in? Is there anything you can't do that you wish desperately you could?

Well I’d like to be better at reading people, getting information, and whatnot you know stuff to help me track down the criminals and bring them to justice.

How do you act around people who are more skilled than you in areas you'd like to improve? Are you jealous, or do you try and learn?

everyone has strengths and weaknesses, Ok so might get a little annoyed that others can do something I want to do without any effort, but than I can do things they cant do with little effort.

Lifestyle & Hobbies

What is a normal day for you? How do you feel when something interrupts this routine?

Get up, toilet, shower, breakfast, any remaining homework, school, studios, dinner, homework, hero work, sleep. Wow I need a life… or more time… not sleeping would help that… erm I dunno, life is always changing and there is always something to interrupt your routine you simple adapt or die.

Do you have any hobbies, or interests outside hero work? What are they, and where did you pick them up?

Singing obviously, Martial arts, I collect comics, and movies I love movies.

What do you do for fun?

Watch movies, read comics, read books, ok so I don’t get outside very much, sue me.

Do you have a costume? What does it look like?

yeah, its not very flashing, just black pants, black and white boots, a black and white jacket and cloves. The handy thing is my powers make it, so I’ve always got it on hand.

How do you normally dress when not in costume?

Blue jeans, t-shirt, vest, jacket, lose tie, double eyelet belt.

What do you wear to bed most nights?

Just some boxers, although I have a pare of PJ’s for cold nights.

Do you wear any special jewelry? What is it, and what does it look like?

A plain silver necklace that my Nan gave me. A black polished onix ring with an Ace of Spades indented in it.

Do you have a special place where you keep your valuables?

Usually in a box under my bed, but I only keep my comic books there.

What's your preferred means of local travel? How about long distance?

Well flying seems to work, even if it’s not the fastest. Otherwise I’ve got a city transport pass so I can take the buss/train whenever I want.

Miscellaneous

Have you ever made a will, or tried to make arrangements for your death? What provisions did you make?

I’m 16… so no… although with hero work I suppose I should.

If your features were to be destroyed beyond recognition, is there any other way of identifying your body?

Well after that lab accident I’m pretty radioactive so, a blood test could probably prove who I was just from the toxin levels.

What would you like to be remembered for after your death?

Well I hope for my music and more importantly for protecting others.

Do you believe you pose a threat to the public? Why or why not?

Err I doubt at, at least at the moment, I mean what the most I could do is walk through a bank vault, not really the makings of a supervillain if you ask me.

What do you perceive as your greatest strength?

My faith that everything will be all right, I mean just look at the recent grue invasion. Despite there advancement over us, we managed to hold them back, heck I even heard that Dr. Archeville destroyed there entire fleet… ALL BY HIMSELF!

What do you perceive as your greatest weakness?

Myself, I’ll do my best, but I’m just a kid and I just don’t know if I’ll be able to step up to the plate if I really have to…

As a player, if you could, what advice would you give your character? Speak as if he/she were sitting right here in front of you. Use proper tone so they might heed your advice...

Everyone doubts their abilities from time to time, but just to stand up for someone else, even if you lose, makes you a hero. Its that first step of bravery that makes a hero, not whether they win or lose. Believe in yourself and your abilities and you will have earned the mantle of hero…

Tropes

Nice Jewish Boy – Being half Jewish and a nice guy, this trope fits, could be extended to Adorkable as well.

Comes Great Responsibility – Oliver’s faith and how he was raised means he responsible with how he uses his powers.

Cool Looser and Informed Loner – Both are applicable, Oliver has always been somewhat of a loner despite being able to ‘fit in’ with almost anyone.

Freak Lab Accident – Oliver gained his powers after being exposed to dozens of toxic chemicals in his father’s lab.

Power Dyes your hair, White Haired Pretty boy, Anime hair specifically Shonen hair – Much to Oliver’s annoyance a number of tropes apply to his hair. He can live with a different hair color, even white hair, but the Anime/shonen hair annoys the life out of him.

Sickly Green glow – To an extent, although Oliver is a good guy, some of his powers give of a sickly green glow.

Glowing eyes of Doom – Green glowing eyes, especially when he’s mad…

Ordinary High school student,Wake up go to school save the world, Triple Shifter and part time hero are all explicable.

Puberty Superpowers – Coming in on the tail end of this, but a latent mutation was what saved his life from the lab accident.

Expys- Namely Shadow cat, Martian man hunter and Danny Phantom.