Crisis on Infinite Holidays (OOC)

Documentation!

(18:14:51) AvengerAssembled: (whispers) Dragonfly can make out the outline of buildings off in the distance down the mountainside.

I'm not entirely sure whether anyone can see them or Dragonfly, being relatively young, has the power of Christmas in her heart. I'm guessing it's the latter, but only AA knows for sure! The scoundrel.

OK, we're going to make use of the Invention rules! The short time required does mean that you'll be jury-rigging them. There's enough equipment in the Sleigh that you can build without having to use the Improvised rules.

For those of you who don't know them, here are the jury-rigging rules.

You skip the design check of the invention process and just make a construction check. It takes one round per point of the device's cost. (We'll be eliding over that part, since you guys won't be in combat till you have time to use them.)

So the DC check for your invention will be 20+the PP cost of your invention. It takes an HP to make an invention; you've both had Complications activated so you won't need to use any of your base HP for this.

Worth mentioning, while everyone's getting their Invent and Master Plan on, that Jack can also convey some brief but excellent bonuses with Inspire given the chance.

Which leads me to my question: if Jack and Jill split up, how do I handle HPs? Can she still spend from Jack's store without him physically there?

Time for Dragonfly to get her inventor on. Jury Rig with an additional +5 penalty is harsh, so we're going for something at least relatively feasible.

Device 2 (upper-arm doohickeys; 10dp, hard to lose) [8pp] (technology)

A pair of relatively ornate, solid-looking arm bands. The parts that aren't steel, glass, or cloth look positively delicious.

Immunity 10 (cold descriptors) [10dp]

Difficulty: 15 (jury-rig) + 5 (unknown penalty) + 8 (pp cost) = 28.

Dragonfly's Craft (Mechanical) is +15. C'mon, Invisible Castle, don't fail me now! Spending an HP to jury-rig:

Craft Mechanical check, DC28 (jury-rig) (1d20 + 15=31)

Sweeet.