Villainy question: Neutralizing battlesuits

DrBalloon

Since Battlesuits, like other devices, are inherently Innate, how would you go about making a place (such as another dimension) where they specifically would not function? I'd prefer to avoid setting up a continuous damage attack that would make them unusable even after the hero escaped, but if I had to go that route and tack on Reversible so the damage wouldn't carry over outside I might.

And, speaking of the most famous battlesuit wearer in Freedom City, Daedalus, since one of his sons has shown up (Icarus), anyone have problems with the other (Iapyx) similarly showing up to give his old man grief?

Since Battlesuits, like other devices, are inherently Innate, how would you go about making a place (such as another dimension) where they specifically would not function? I'd prefer to avoid setting up a continuous damage attack that would make them unusable even after the hero escaped, but if I had to go that route and tack on Reversible so the damage wouldn't carry over outside I might.

And, speaking of the most famous battlesuit wearer in Freedom City, Daedalus, since one of his sons has shown up (Icarus), anyone have problems with the other (Iapyx) similarly showing up to give his old man grief?

The easiest solution that I can think of would be Nullify (2 pp/rank, powers with a battlesuit descriptor, Nullifying Field (+0)), of whatever rank that you can afford. It wouldn't Nullify the battlesuit itself, but the battlesuit wouldn't do anything that wasn't innate. I might say that something like Protection would be left, but depending on the design, they might need to exit just so they don't choke to death. Airtight isn't always an advantage.

The easiest solution that I can think of would be Nullify (2 pp/rank, powers with a battlesuit descriptor, Nullifying Field (+0)), of whatever rank that you can afford. It wouldn't Nullify the battlesuit itself, but the battlesuit wouldn't do anything that wasn't innate. I might say that something like Protection would be left, but depending on the design, they might need to exit just so they don't choke to death. Airtight isn't always an advantage.

Nope. It sounds like a fine idea to me. :) Nothing says carnage and mayhem like "family."

Nope. It sounds like a fine idea to me. :) Nothing says carnage and mayhem like "family."