Circus Freaks (OOC)

Barnum

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, Daisuke just jumped off a bridge. With all of ya in his arms. ;)

Good news, though. If this is an elevated highway over a road, we're talking about twenty feet. Daisuke himself isn't very cushy, unfortunately, and neither is the car we all fell on top of. That's a +2 damage effect, unless we want to rule that Daisuke did help take some of the edge off the fall, which I can roll for.

Okay, Daisuke just jumped off a bridge. With all of ya in his arms. ;)

Good news, though. If this is an elevated highway over a road, we're talking about twenty feet. Daisuke himself isn't very cushy, unfortunately, and neither is the car we all fell on top of. That's a +2 damage effect, unless we want to rule that Daisuke did help take some of the edge off the fall, which I can roll for.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I do mind.

Veiled Malice completely railroaded me. He included me in his post without asking, and he posted three times since I posted last night. He performed an action in his last post that he could not have reasonably performed in one turn (move, grab, grab, grab, move), gave me no chance to react, and did so way out of his initiative order.

If we are free-forming it, then we need to make sure our posts don't hijack someone else's character without their consent. If we are playing by the rules, then we need to actually follow the rules. That's how I see it, at least.

Anyway, I'm using extra effort to AP immunity to falling damage from my insubstantial.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I do mind.

Veiled Malice completely railroaded me. He included me in his post without asking, and he posted three times since I posted last night. He performed an action in his last post that he could not have reasonably performed in one turn (move, grab, grab, grab, move), gave me no chance to react, and did so way out of his initiative order.

If we are free-forming it, then we need to make sure our posts don't hijack someone else's character without their consent. If we are playing by the rules, then we need to actually follow the rules. That's how I see it, at least.

Anyway, I'm using extra effort to AP immunity to falling damage from my insubstantial.

Wow, um... okay, sorry?

I really didn't mean to railroad anyone, and since we were out of combat, I assumed initiative order no longer mattered. One of the posts was just a reaction to Cos's character anyway. But I can understand your reaction, and I am sorry.

If you feel this strongly, however, I suggest that we rewind this scenario and redo our actions, perhaps in turn order. I am not trying to hijack anything, really. It was just a cinematic maneuver that I thought would be suitable comic-bookish. The worst that would have happened was a bruise to your character. Gone after a minute, and we would probably be talking for much longer than that.

I do understand that was not your concern, though. In the future, I will make certain to leave your character out of my posts.

Once again, I apologize.

Wow, um... okay, sorry?

I really didn't mean to railroad anyone, and since we were out of combat, I assumed initiative order no longer mattered. One of the posts was just a reaction to Cos's character anyway. But I can understand your reaction, and I am sorry.

If you feel this strongly, however, I suggest that we rewind this scenario and redo our actions, perhaps in turn order. I am not trying to hijack anything, really. It was just a cinematic maneuver that I thought would be suitable comic-bookish. The worst that would have happened was a bruise to your character. Gone after a minute, and we would probably be talking for much longer than that.

I do understand that was not your concern, though. In the future, I will make certain to leave your character out of my posts.

Once again, I apologize.

I am willing to go along with whatever you guys decide, but I personally don't think that, given the circumstances, rewinding is the best thing. I vote we just move on from here.

In the future, I will make certain to leave your character out of my posts.

I think that's a pretty good idea for everyone to keep in mind. Or at least don't do it without asking first. You guys are all more than welcome to (if you haven't already) add me to your IM client to shoot me a message if you want to write part of the story for Darla when you write for your own character. I will nearly always say, "yes." But I do like to be asked.

Here at FC:PBP we are doing a weird and often uneven mixture of free-form RP and rules-based RP. And though "god-moding" (including another character's actions in your own post without their consent) and "double posting" (posting more than once before everyone else has a chance to post) are the two cardinal sins of free-form RP, not everyone here knows that, nor will it always be appropriate for us to adhere to those two principles, because a lot of this is rules-based. Patience, flexibility, and lots of OOC conversations are the keys to avoiding disputes.

That's my take. For whatever it's worth. :)