Circus Freaks

Barnum

A metallic hand burst through the canvas, with a second following it a moment later. The tarp got torn in half, revealing one soggy machine boy. His hair had the advantage of being made out of metal as well though, so it mostly stayed in place after the deluge.

Seeing as how the situation had calmed down significantly, Daisuke wasn't inclined to start things up again. Especially since the skeleton had somehow gotten coated in grain during the time he'd been under cover. That was pretty funny.

"Who are you?"

He looked back and forth between the mermaid (he didn't know they could live out of water!) and the witch girl, who now seemed a lot less threatening than she did before. Maybe it was the bump on her head, or the fact that she was soaked to the bone, (the skeleton was too, but since he was all bones...) but she seemed more like a person now than an enemy.

Daisuke muscled his way the rest of the way of the tarp and eagerly waited for the witch's answer.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A metallic hand burst through the canvas, with a second following it a moment later. The tarp got torn in half, revealing one soggy machine boy. His hair had the advantage of being made out of metal as well though, so it mostly stayed in place after the deluge.

Seeing as how the situation had calmed down significantly, Daisuke wasn't inclined to start things up again. Especially since the skeleton had somehow gotten coated in grain during the time he'd been under cover. That was pretty funny.

"Who are you?"

He looked back and forth between the mermaid (he didn't know they could live out of water!) and the witch girl, who now seemed a lot less threatening than she did before. Maybe it was the bump on her head, or the fact that she was soaked to the bone, (the skeleton was too, but since he was all bones...) but she seemed more like a person now than an enemy.

Daisuke muscled his way the rest of the way of the tarp and eagerly waited for the witch's answer.

"My name is Darla," she said defiantly to the mermaid girl. "And this is Dale." She hugged him close to her, smearing grain all over her side and leg. Then, pointing to the mermaid, "We came to see you. I had a dream about you. But you aren't supposed to have legs. Why do you have legs?"

"My name is Darla," she said defiantly to the mermaid girl. "And this is Dale." She hugged him close to her, smearing grain all over her side and leg. Then, pointing to the mermaid, "We came to see you. I had a dream about you. But you aren't supposed to have legs. Why do you have legs?"

"What? I've always had legs." Droplet pointed down to her skinny white legs for emphasis. "I only wear the fins for the show." She bent over and fished around the soaked tarps. "And the shells." She held up what looked to be a little girl's bikini top made of flesh colored material and two strategically placed sea shells. Droplet held them up to her chest to demonstrate. "See? Now what's this about a dream? I've never dreamed about you?"

"What? I've always had legs." Droplet pointed down to her skinny white legs for emphasis. "I only wear the fins for the show." She bent over and fished around the soaked tarps. "And the shells." She held up what looked to be a little girl's bikini top made of flesh colored material and two strategically placed sea shells. Droplet held them up to her chest to demonstrate. "See? Now what's this about a dream? I've never dreamed about you?"

"See? Now what's this about a dream? I've never dreamed about you?"

When she put it so pointedly, it did sound kinda weird, but Darla was pretty much immune to her own weirdness.

"I don't know. Sometimes I have these dreams, and they tell me what to do. They told me to look for you, so I did. I have no idea why. I was hoping you could tell me. Maybe it's . . ."

Darla was cut short by a thunderous crash and a booming voice:

"WHAT'S GOING ON IN HERE!"

What followed sounded like running, or rather it sounded like a herd of elephants running. The very ground was shaking.

When she put it so pointedly, it did sound kinda weird, but Darla was pretty much immune to her own weirdness.

"I don't know. Sometimes I have these dreams, and they tell me what to do. They told me to look for you, so I did. I have no idea why. I was hoping you could tell me. Maybe it's . . ."

What followed sounded like running, or rather it sounded like a herd of elephants running. The very ground was shaking.

Daisuke looked between the two girls as they talked about dreams. Why was the witch girl dreaming about the mermaid girl anyway? What did the dreams mean? And where did she get those shells? They looked nice.

He glanced over at the skeleton, who was trying to brush the grain off itself. "Do you know what she's talking about?"

Though he started slightly at the yelling noise, it was the rumbling sound afterward that really concerned Daisuke. Now on his feet, he whirled around, trying to see where it was coming from.

Daisuke looked between the two girls as they talked about dreams. Why was the witch girl dreaming about the mermaid girl anyway? What did the dreams mean? And where did she get those shells? They looked nice.

He glanced over at the skeleton, who was trying to brush the grain off itself. "Do you know what she's talking about?"

Though he started slightly at the yelling noise, it was the rumbling sound afterward that really concerned Daisuke. Now on his feet, he whirled around, trying to see where it was coming from.

deadboyheadshot.jpg

Dale wasn't really listening to the girls talking, he was busy trying to get himself free of the clinging chaff. His hands busied themselves about his fort, brushing and picking. When he couldn't get to a spot on his back, he reached around as far as he could before his hand detached itself, crawled down a little ways and started brushing the chaff away itself. When it was content, it reattached itself to Dale's arm.

"Do you know what she's talking about?"

Dale realised he was being spoken to and stopped his preening in order to face the metal man. He was still a rather curious thing to Dale, and so he began to raise his hand to touch the thing, but eventually decided against it. He did take a few steps toward the boy, though, craning his head this way and that to get a better look.

The voice stopped Dale. It didn't peturb him too much, but he looked up at his sister for direction.

deadboyheadshot.jpg

Dale wasn't really listening to the girls talking, he was busy trying to get himself free of the clinging chaff. His hands busied themselves about his fort, brushing and picking. When he couldn't get to a spot on his back, he reached around as far as he could before his hand detached itself, crawled down a little ways and started brushing the chaff away itself. When it was content, it reattached itself to Dale's arm.

Dale realised he was being spoken to and stopped his preening in order to face the metal man. He was still a rather curious thing to Dale, and so he began to raise his hand to touch the thing, but eventually decided against it. He did take a few steps toward the boy, though, craning his head this way and that to get a better look.

The voice stopped Dale. It didn't peturb him too much, but he looked up at his sister for direction.

deadboyheadshot.jpg

"Uh oh!"

Droplet instinctively ran back to her tank. That was where she was supposed to be. Maybe if she got back in, she wouldn't get in trouble with the others. But standing inside the shattered walls of the tank in about 3 inches of water didn't exactly feel safe. Oh well, nothing to do now but wait it out.

"Uh oh!"

Droplet instinctively ran back to her tank. That was where she was supposed to be. Maybe if she got back in, she wouldn't get in trouble with the others. But standing inside the shattered walls of the tank in about 3 inches of water didn't exactly feel safe. Oh well, nothing to do now but wait it out.

"Uh oh!"

thunderherd.jpg

The thunderous pounding continued as a humongous elephant came charging out of the darkness. At first glance it looked to be one of the decorated elephants that performed in the circus. It stopped just short of trampling the kids and then stood up on its hind legs. The beast must have been 20 feet tall standing erect. And this was no normal elephant. As soon as it reared back to stand, the kids could see that there were thick fingers where the front pads should have been. And its eyes sparkled with intelligence . . . and malice. When the elephant spoke any remaining illusion that this might be a normal circus creature was dispelled. It was the same booming voice as before.

"Who are you? What are you doing here?"

thunderherd.jpg

The thunderous pounding continued as a humongous elephant came charging out of the darkness. At first glance it looked to be one of the decorated elephants that performed in the circus. It stopped just short of trampling the kids and then stood up on its hind legs. The beast must have been 20 feet tall standing erect. And this was no normal elephant. As soon as it reared back to stand, the kids could see that there were thick fingers where the front pads should have been. And its eyes sparkled with intelligence . . . and malice. When the elephant spoke any remaining illusion that this might be a normal circus creature was dispelled. It was the same booming voice as before.

thunderherd.jpg