Circus Freaks

Barnum

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daisuke had to crane his neck waaaaay back in order to keep the immense elephant's head in view, and even that wasn't helping all that much. He'd never seen an elephant walk on two legs, and certainly never one that could talk, so this was fairly cool in his opinion.

"Um... Mr. Elephant sir? I kinda work here, which is why I'm here. Of course, I kinda got captured and thrown in a cage, which I really didn't like, which doesn't really make me wanna stay, so if it's all right with you, I can just go," he said hurriedly, motioning wildly with his arms.

Daisuke had to crane his neck waaaaay back in order to keep the immense elephant's head in view, and even that wasn't helping all that much. He'd never seen an elephant walk on two legs, and certainly never one that could talk, so this was fairly cool in his opinion.

"Um... Mr. Elephant sir? I kinda work here, which is why I'm here. Of course, I kinda got captured and thrown in a cage, which I really didn't like, which doesn't really make me wanna stay, so if it's all right with you, I can just go," he said hurriedly, motioning wildly with his arms.

Darla.jpg

Darla stepped in front of Dale, making sure she was between him and that monster. Her mind raced to remember the protective patterns of Julakin's magic, and as she concentrated on the words and symbols that came flashing into her consciousness, she was with a flash enshrouded in a mystical barrier that looked a little like green Jello.

"We're . . . we're just . . . um . . . visiting the circus."

Darla clenched her fist, and as she did, the red-smoke hand began to reform at her side. Darla wasn't about to let Dale suffer any harm, not if she could do anything about it.

Darla.jpg

Darla stepped in front of Dale, making sure she was between him and that monster. Her mind raced to remember the protective patterns of Julakin's magic, and as she concentrated on the words and symbols that came flashing into her consciousness, she was with a flash enshrouded in a mystical barrier that looked a little like green Jello.

"We're . . . we're just . . . um . . . visiting the circus."

Darla clenched her fist, and as she did, the red-smoke hand began to reform at her side. Darla wasn't about to let Dale suffer any harm, not if she could do anything about it.

deadboyheadshot.jpg

Dale saw that his sister was worried - defensive - it made him nervous, then angry. This big dumb... thing... couldn't just come in here and start making his sister scared! Dale began to feel scary - he clenched his bony fingers, doing his best not to leap forward. Even though she was scared, Dale didn't think that Darla would appreciate that. Still he stood their, glaring angrily at the creature. Bring back the camel, he thought, the camel was nicer than this thing. You better be nice, big dummy, or you're gonna get it.

deadboyheadshot.jpg

Dale saw that his sister was worried - defensive - it made him nervous, then angry. This big dumb... thing... couldn't just come in here and start making his sister scared! Dale began to feel scary - he clenched his bony fingers, doing his best not to leap forward. Even though she was scared, Dale didn't think that Darla would appreciate that. Still he stood their, glaring angrily at the creature. Bring back the camel, he thought, the camel was nicer than this thing. You better be nice, big dummy, or you're gonna get it.

deadboyheadshot.jpg

It seems like the thing wasn't going to be nice after all! As the thing charged, Dale didn't flinch, he stepped in front of Darla, his anger rising like a tide inside of him. For a moment he was back as a baby, feeling the energies of the Terminus washing over him. He'd felt like this a couple of times before, and usually did his best to beat the feelings back, but not this time. The entropic energies boiled within him until they erupted, the room was suddenly full of a corrosive energy - it didn't burn or rot the flesh however, no, this energy drained the soul itself.

Dale maintains his position, unflinching, as the elephant bears down on them. He reaches back, takes hold of Darla's shirt - there was no way this dumb thing was gonna hurt his sister - and starts imagining the area behind the elephant...

deadboyheadshot.jpg

It seems like the thing wasn't going to be nice after all! As the thing charged, Dale didn't flinch, he stepped in front of Darla, his anger rising like a tide inside of him. For a moment he was back as a baby, feeling the energies of the Terminus washing over him. He'd felt like this a couple of times before, and usually did his best to beat the feelings back, but not this time. The entropic energies boiled within him until they erupted, the room was suddenly full of a corrosive energy - it didn't burn or rot the flesh however, no, this energy drained the soul itself.

Dale maintains his position, unflinching, as the elephant bears down on them. He reaches back, takes hold of Darla's shirt - there was no way this dumb thing was gonna hurt his sister - and starts imagining the area behind the elephant...

The elephant man thundered forward, trying to crush the siblings beneath his feet, but Dale teleported them both away just in the nick of time. The giant beast bellowed its frustration and spun in place, nearly knocking Daiskue and Droplet to the ground. The creature picked up Daisuke's cage with its trunk and hurled it at Darla and Dale.

The elephant man thundered forward, trying to crush the siblings beneath his feet, but Dale teleported them both away just in the nick of time. The giant beast bellowed its frustration and spun in place, nearly knocking Daiskue and Droplet to the ground. The creature picked up Daisuke's cage with its trunk and hurled it at Darla and Dale.

Obviously, the evil elephant wasn't after him, as it strode right past Daisuke and made a beeline for the witch and her skeleton. He might not have gotten off on the right foot with the two of them, but he couldn't just let it crush them. That bone kid seemed to be alright when he wasn't clawing at his face, and Daisuke thought the witch girl might be one of those magical girls they had in the mangas he heard about.

So when the elephant hurled his former cage at the both of them, Daisuke wasted no time in springing into action. "Hey!" he shouted at the massive beast, and ran up behind it, swinging away at it's legs. Unfortunately, despite the beast's giant size, his punch went so far off course that he fell over onto his face.

I really hope no one saw that.

Obviously, the evil elephant wasn't after him, as it strode right past Daisuke and made a beeline for the witch and her skeleton. He might not have gotten off on the right foot with the two of them, but he couldn't just let it crush them. That bone kid seemed to be alright when he wasn't clawing at his face, and Daisuke thought the witch girl might be one of those magical girls they had in the mangas he heard about.

So when the elephant hurled his former cage at the both of them, Daisuke wasted no time in springing into action. "Hey!" he shouted at the massive beast, and ran up behind it, swinging away at it's legs. Unfortunately, despite the beast's giant size, his punch went so far off course that he fell over onto his face.

I really hope no one saw that.

deadboyheadshot.jpg

Dale looked up as the cage came down toward them - he was reminded of the many Wile E. Coyote cartoons he'd watched. If Dale had long ears, they certainly would have flopped back helplessly at this point. In any case, he shoves Darla, doing little to actually help her, and then tries to jump out of the way himself. He looks back as the cage crashes to the ground behind him - for a moment, it seems as though he's made it! But when he tries to move, he realises that his foot is caught under the heavily damaged cage. He howls in silent pain, trying desperately to drag his foot to freedom.

deadboyheadshot.jpg

Dale looked up as the cage came down toward them - he was reminded of the many Wile E. Coyote cartoons he'd watched. If Dale had long ears, they certainly would have flopped back helplessly at this point. In any case, he shoves Darla, doing little to actually help her, and then tries to jump out of the way himself. He looks back as the cage crashes to the ground behind him - for a moment, it seems as though he's made it! But when he tries to move, he realises that his foot is caught under the heavily damaged cage. He howls in silent pain, trying desperately to drag his foot to freedom.

Droplet was concerned. She was out of the water, and that alone was off putting. And she had no idea who was good and who was bad. She had never seen any of them before, and none of them looked like an evil child-eating wizard. All she had to go on was her gut, and her gut told her the elephant creature was the enemy. Time to take action. Droplet raised her hands, sucked in as much air as she could, and stuck out her chest. When she did, it wasn't just air that she sucked in. Gallons and gallons of water remaining in the tank started being sucked into her body through her skin. The little girl started to swell up like a balloon. Just when it looked like she might "pop," Droplet lowered her arms and blated a thick jet of water at the elephant's legs.

Droplet was concerned. She was out of the water, and that alone was off putting. And she had no idea who was good and who was bad. She had never seen any of them before, and none of them looked like an evil child-eating wizard. All she had to go on was her gut, and her gut told her the elephant creature was the enemy. Time to take action. Droplet raised her hands, sucked in as much air as she could, and stuck out her chest. When she did, it wasn't just air that she sucked in. Gallons and gallons of water remaining in the tank started being sucked into her body through her skin. The little girl started to swell up like a balloon. Just when it looked like she might "pop," Droplet lowered her arms and blated a thick jet of water at the elephant's legs.

The blast of water hit the elephant man, knocking his legs out from under him and sending him flying. His big elephant body nearly crushed Darla and Dale as he was bounced (washed?) through the wall of the tent (leaving a huge hole), and out into the darkness.

Darla.jpg

Darla looked over at Droplet. "Not bad," she said, clearly impressed. She grabbed Dale by the hand but looked to the other kids. "We should get out of here . . . quick!"

The blast of water hit the elephant man, knocking his legs out from under him and sending him flying. His big elephant body nearly crushed Darla and Dale as he was bounced (washed?) through the wall of the tent (leaving a huge hole), and out into the darkness.

Darla.jpg

Darla looked over at Droplet. "Not bad," she said, clearly impressed. She grabbed Dale by the hand but looked to the other kids. "We should get out of here . . . quick!"

"We should get out of here . . . quick!"

Droplet didn't deliberate on this very long. The only reason she was in the circus was because the ringmaster guy had convinced that it was the only way to keep herself and her family safe. This obviously wasn't safe, not in the least. Either that monster was an intruder, in which case the circus was no protection, or that monster belonged to the circus, in which case the circus was no protection. Either way, to her mind, there was no need to stay.

"Take me with you!"