Dead Good (OOC, Closed)

Supercape

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rene using Nick and Eric reputation thread.

He is burning 1 HP to get 5 ranks in gather information (beginners luck feat) for a total +7 bonus. I will give him +2 bonus for Nick, as it is in field, and -2 for Eric, as it is out of his field.

For Nick

1d20+7=18 with +2 Bonus

Just hits the DC 20

Nick tends to hang around Lantern Hill Cemetery, which is also known to be a haunt to Freedom Angel and Dead Head, as well as receive the careful attentions of Fleur de Joie. During his time down South, he was most often spotted operating out of Savannah.

For Eric

1d20+7=9 with -2; nada.

One day until the big show, so that does give a chance to use the artificer feat if you wish and have the resources to do so.

Rene will construct a small compass: Tracking 1, ranged detect Necromancy superpower [mental] which comes in at 3 PP.

2 Hours to design, at a -5 penalty to creating it. DC is 17. He will take 10 on the check to succeed automatically.

Constructing it takes 12 Hours, the rest of the day. (will skip -5 penalty to half construction time). DC is 13 with the penalty, which he will make automatically.

By midnight the device will be half finished, it will be ready by the event tomorrow morning.

• 2 weeks later...

By Death Awareness I presume its "Necromancy" awareness rather than being aware if anything dies? - I read it as the latter but I trust your judgement on this.

As that sense is neither acute nor accurate, all I can give you is that it is near. No active necromancy spells being used, and nobody dying! 8-)

• 2 weeks later...

THanks thats very helpful!

I think I may be well out of my depth relative to your knowledge here, so I am going to step back from GM duties slightly and let you take narrative control for a little bit if thats ok.

GM wise, the Stunt will allow a sort out of the souls, guiding those who have no legitimate bodies to the afterlife, and those who just got ripped from their bodies, back. IE it sorts out the mess. I'll let you handle the specifics as you clearly know a lot more about this than I!

Id say anybody with reasonable INT could check for a pulse, so thats not worth rolling for (unless it was reaaaaaly faint or the situations was reaaaly disadvantageous!). Postcognition roll is good to go!

Singh Soul was (partly) trapped in the Artifact too, and got released - which begs the question what exactly was controlling him? Something that could still access his thoughts and expertise at least. When Papa appeared Dr Singh's Soul was so "guilty" he begged Papa for release.

Maitre Carrefour (from Books of Magic p113) is behind this little caper.

Doctor Singh met him a few months ago, in Mexico, and the evil wizard ensnared his soul in the artifact that Singh himself had discovered. Singh was not entirely innocent, thinking he could get some arcane power himself from the device. Hence his guilt and departure to the afterlife.

Carrefour is still at large however...

Search / Investigate rolls may be handy here, to look through Singh's diary, briefcase, and notes. Alternatively, Gather Information to find out whats going on.

DC 15 for a vague clue, DC 20 For a strong clue, DC 25 for the above to be revealed in detail, DC 30 and you can get everything!