Searching for a Scroll [OOC]

Avalon

This game will serve as an intro for both Prince of Boredom's and my own characters.

May we request a ref to monitor our game?

Also, it seems kind of tiresome and time-consuming to have Persona roll concentration checks every time to access his other selves during non-combat situations. Can it be allowed that I'll just say that he succeeds in contacting one of his personas when he is not in a critical situation like in the middle of a fight?

To make matters worse, concentration doesn't have either a take 10 or take 20 option.

I tried to roll first to see if he can connect with one of his personas but it seems that invisible castle has been giving me such terrible rolls for the concentration check.

They are as follows:

1d20+14=22 (In this one, I forgot to add the wis mod to the skill but the DC to beat is 28

1d20+16=21

1d20+16=18

I've already written part of the IC but I will not post it until I can have a resolution on this matter.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game will serve as an intro for both Prince of Boredom's and my own characters.

Also, it seems kind of tiresome and time-consuming to have Persona roll concentration checks every time to access his other selves during non-combat situations. Can it be allowed that I'll just say that he succeeds in contacting one of his personas when he is not in a critical situation like in the middle of a fight?

To make matters worse, concentration doesn't have either a take 10 or take 20 option.

I tried to roll first to see if he can connect with one of his personas but it seems that invisible castle has been giving me such terrible rolls for the concentration check.

They are as follows:

1d20+14=22 (In this one, I forgot to add the wis mod to the skill but the DC to beat is 28

1d20+16=21

1d20+16=18

I've already written part of the IC but I will not post it until I can have a resolution on this matter.

They are as follows:

1d20+16=21

1d20+16=18

I know it's a little late in the game, so to speak, to bring it up now, but you could take ten with concentration if you took the feat "Skill Mastery" which allows you to take ten on 5 skills you normally can not take ten on, like Concentration. I know this doesn't really help the situation any, i just though I'd point that out for future reference for you.

I know it's a little late in the game, so to speak, to bring it up now, but you could take ten with concentration if you took the feat "Skill Mastery" which allows you to take ten on 5 skills you normally can not take ten on, like Concentration. I know this doesn't really help the situation any, i just though I'd point that out for future reference for you.

Actually it doesn't. It allows you to take 10 on checks when you normally wouldn't because of pressure. You can only take ten when you basically have a lot of time. If the skil does not allow you to take 10 you still can't take ten.

SKILL MASTERY SKILL, RANKED

Choose four skills. When making checks with those skills, you can take

10 even when distracted or under pressure. This feat does not allow you

to take 10 with skills that do not normally allow you to do so. Each additional

rank applies Skill Mastery to four more skills.

Actually it doesn't. It allows you to take 10 on checks when you normally wouldn't because of pressure. You can only take ten when you basically have a lot of time. If the skil does not allow you to take 10 you still can't take ten.

The reason that I think Concentration is not listed as allowing you to take 10 or 20 is because it is normally rolled when you are under pressure (so no taking 10), and only rolled once per attempt (so no taking 20). In this case, where it represents centering yourself and accessing a different personality, it's appropriate for you to be able to take 20. This is because you have plenty of time, and failure on the task carries no penalty (beyond the switch not taking place).

The reason that I think Concentration is not listed as allowing you to take 10 or 20 is because it is normally rolled when you are under pressure (so no taking 10), and only rolled once per attempt (so no taking 20). In this case, where it represents centering yourself and accessing a different personality, it's appropriate for you to be able to take 20. This is because you have plenty of time, and failure on the task carries no penalty (beyond the switch not taking place).