Searching for a Scroll [OOC]

Avalon

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so I failed the Nullifying Touch roll, but had a couple of questions before I choose whether to Hero Point it.

First, I notcied this in the Nullify description:

If you lose the opposed check, you do not Nullify the effect and trying again against the same subject in the same encounter requires extra effort.

So, is this still considered the same encounter? If so, I did save against it once already.

Second, does Nullify work normally against devices? Sorry I have so many questions, still a bit of a n00b with M&M.

Ok, so I failed the Nullifying Touch roll, but had a couple of questions before I choose whether to Hero Point it.

If you lose the opposed check, you do not Nullify the effect and trying again against the same subject in the same encounter requires extra effort.

So, is this still considered the same encounter? If so, I did save against it once already.

Second, does Nullify work normally against devices? Sorry I have so many questions, still a bit of a n00b with M&M.

Unless I'm missing something I would say that, yes, it is the same encounter. It's the same fight really, in the same thread. That passes my tests.

This is tricky, but the answer is essentially "yes." Devices in UP aren't really powers. They are power containers, so you can't technically nullify Devices, but you can nullify the powers that are contained in a device normally.

Unless I'm missing something I would say that, yes, it is the same encounter. It's the same fight really, in the same thread. That passes my tests.

This is tricky, but the answer is essentially "yes." Devices in UP aren't really powers. They are power containers, so you can't technically nullify Devices, but you can nullify the powers that are contained in a device normally.

• 4 weeks later...