Searching for a Scroll [OOC]

Avalon

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good thing Persona is already in Karsus mode eh?

RIght, but my understanding is that since the sword is both mystical and a melee weapon, it's a trigger for both Karsus and Savnok, causing a 'Persona Overload'. And if I decide to go with his only other attack option (Hellfire Control) it'll do the same between Karsus and Amon. At least, that's how I understand your powers anyway.

So you're readying an action or delaying?

Actually, using Fearsome Presence was his action. My understanding is that it doesn't require line-of-sight since an 'intimidating threat' can be used as the trigger (though confirmation from a GM would be helpful) and based on my understanding of the situation, Persona is within 50' of Max (if necessary, I can use a move action to get closer to make sure).

RIght, but my understanding is that since the sword is both mystical and a melee weapon, it's a trigger for both Karsus and Savnok, causing a 'Persona Overload'. And if I decide to go with his only other attack option (Hellfire Control) it'll do the same between Karsus and Amon. At least, that's how I understand your powers anyway.

Actually, using Fearsome Presence was his action. My understanding is that it doesn't require line-of-sight since an 'intimidating threat' can be used as the trigger (though confirmation from a GM would be helpful) and based on my understanding of the situation, Persona is within 50' of Max (if necessary, I can use a move action to get closer to make sure).

To answer your second point first, the requirement for Fearsome Presence is that the target be able to interact with you in some fashion. The examples given are a threatening pose or an intimidating threat, so if a person is able to see you or hear you, they can certainly interact with you.

To the first point, I would not say that you are causing a persona overload yet. You aren't using the weapon against him at melee range, so Karsus is the only persona triggered. Hellfire Control would cause an overload with fire and mysticism.

To answer your second point first, the requirement for Fearsome Presence is that the target be able to interact with you in some fashion. The examples given are a threatening pose or an intimidating threat, so if a person is able to see you or hear you, they can certainly interact with you.

To the first point, I would not say that you are causing a persona overload yet. You aren't using the weapon against him at melee range, so Karsus is the only persona triggered. Hellfire Control would cause an overload with fire and mysticism.