Transform for Dummies

Raveled

I'm planning a hero that uses Transform for most of their effects (based off AA's Transmuter) and, upon reviewing the power, I realized that I don't really understand how it works. It appears to be a Variable Power, able to recreate any effect within the purview of "transforming Object A to Object B." Is this the case? Could I use Transform to, say, turn a part of a wall to phosphorous, providing a light source? Or use it to summon up a monomolecular blade, providing myself with a Penetrating Strike?

So would I have to run every use of the power past a ref? That's going to be pretty tedious, especially if I come up with something in the middle of combat. I was hoping for a quick-and-dirty rule.

Technically, all threads should have a Ref overseeing them so we can step in and say "no, you can't do that" and so-such. And yes, we have been a bit lax on that, so we're working on it.

The crux is this: Transform is a tedious, complex power to make fair.

If you want a shorthand, think: "Is this a DIRECT result of the Transform?" That's why I built the Transmuter with Corrosion and Create Object, so she has the power to directly make solid objects and do direct damage outside of Transform.

-.- I may just do this with a big ol' array. Or even a VP if I can swing the points.

• 2 weeks later...