How Do I Mold Life? (IC)

Sandman XI

December 1, 2010, 6:21PM

After his date with Silhouette, Wesley was intrigued on how his powers worked. He knew there had to be some reason. He'd always thought it was mutation and left it at that, but with Terminus Babies popping up everywhere, that could be a scary designation these days. So he had to find out. Doktor Archeville had tested him a while back during the girl adventure. And if Doktor Archeville couldn't figure it out, then it had to be magic or something. He still had the good doktor's number in his phone from way back when he was in the Knights. Useful that was. He dialed the number and waited for an answer.

Archeville was on his lunch break, scanning a stack of journals and symposium proceedings between bites, when his phone rang. At least, that's what he thought, but when he picked up the receiver for the phone on his desk in his office in the ArcheTech corporate headquarters, there was no call.

Wait a sec: is that..?

The Doktor got up and went to his labcoat, hanging on a peg on the wall, and fished through the pockets. He retrieved his Electromagnetic Screwdriver, which was beeping and vibrating.

"Only one reason you would be doing that," he thought aloud as he made some adjustments to it, "someone is trying to reach me, and that someone is in a select circle."

He held the gadget up to one ear, "Hello?"

"Doktor Archeville," Wesley chimed a rhetorical question. "Hey, it's me, Knight," he happily intoned, "We worked together back in when the Knights of Freedom."After a minute or so of small talk and memories, Wesley got to the point, "Please forgive me for such an out of the blue call, but I need to ask of your help. Remember when you tested me that time when we were girls? I think I remember you saying i had non-human blood or something of the sort. I'd like to see what that is. Specifically. Maybe run a few more tests? See the root of the whole thing."

Wesley! He was a quiet one.

Archeville enjoyed the light chit-chat, but when Knight got to the point, his interest was fully grabbed. "Heh, oh, yes, I do remember that little adventure. Ah, I do not believe there were any strictly non-human elements in your blood sample, relative to all the others I had taken that day, but I do recall there being anomalies."

Avenger, Geckoman, Hellbound... compared to them, his blood was normal! And it was with his help that I was able to restore us all to our original genders!

"I would be more than happy to help you! You can schedule an appointment at your convenience, or I can pop over right now if this is an urgent matter." The Doktor began making a list of all the tests that might be relevant for Knight's queries, and for his own curiosity. "Was there anything in particular that brought about this sudden curiosity in your abilities?"

Wesley was slowly coming to terms with his shapeshifter-hood. Back then it seemed weird that he was a girl. But that's before he got tentacles. And started turning into weirder things. Just turning into a girl would of seemed positively sane nowadays. He was glad he could help though. The good doctor agreeing to help him was awesome. "Thanks, Doc." He thought for a moment. Where would this test be? Out in the field? In his lab? Why was he thinking about it, just ask the man! "Hm, it's not really a matter of urgency. Though the sooner the better? Do you want to see me in the lab or shall we meet somewhere out in the open? I'm for either really. You're the man who knows what he's doing!" He chuckled.

Archeville chuckled back, "so they say, and who am I to argue?"

Recognition For Science is nice!

He cleared his throat, "I could come to you, I do have a number of sensors and testing equipment that is portable, and if you would be more comfortable doing tests in an environment you are familiar with I can certainly accommodate you. But much of my really advanced gear is too bulky or too delicate to be easily transported, so to use those you would need to come in. Ah, how about this: I come to you for some preliminary tests, if we find anything unusual or worrisome we can book some time in my laboratory. Does that sound good?"

I have been meaning to stop by and see him, and the other former Knights, some time. I hear his body art shoppe has been doing quite well for itself!