Fall has finally come to Virginia!

Barnum

It is almost Halloween, and until this week we've had nothing but warm (in the 80s), dry weather. But last Thursday it started to rain, the skies turned dark, and the temperature dropped.

When I woke up this morning, I had to build a fire in the fireplace. :D I'm so happy. I love fall.

*breaks out the sweaters*

So . . . what's the weather like where you are? Cold yet?

It is almost Halloween, and until this week we've had nothing but warm (in the 80s), dry weather. But last Thursday it started to rain, the skies turned dark, and the temperature dropped.

When I woke up this morning, I had to build a fire in the fireplace. :D I'm so happy. I love fall.

In the UK we've had a pretty miserable year as far as weather goes. I know the common perception of the country is that it rains all the time anyway, but we generally have dry and hot summers - this year was a notable exception, in fact it's caused all sorts of farming crises because the weather has been so abysmal.

However, autumn has definitely arrived here too - leaves are falling and the temperature has dropped noticeably; you know winter is around the corner when you have to start scraping ice off your car in the mornings.

In the UK we've had a pretty miserable year as far as weather goes. I know the common perception of the country is that it rains all the time anyway, but we generally have dry and hot summers - this year was a notable exception, in fact it's caused all sorts of farming crises because the weather has been so abysmal.

However, autumn has definitely arrived here too - leaves are falling and the temperature has dropped noticeably; you know winter is around the corner when you have to start scraping ice off your car in the mornings.

Yeah, it is finally fall in Virginia. I realized that when I went outside and saw everyone else wearing their winter coats and jackets. I thought about putting on a long-sleeved shirt, but it's in the fifties, which is good enough for me. The sun makes it feel warmer in any case.

Yeah, it is finally fall in Virginia. I realized that when I went outside and saw everyone else wearing their winter coats and jackets. I thought about putting on a long-sleeved shirt, but it's in the fifties, which is good enough for me. The sun makes it feel warmer in any case.