Black Markets are easy to find(IC)

Flare Knight

With the flurry of activity from the Heroes, the Villains of the piece were not to be left out. The one farthest from the group, and thus left abandoned by the attacks, flew into the snack stand to attempt to aid his friend, causing the group to devolve into an all out brawl filled with crashes and bangs out of sight from the rest of the group. While this was going on, however, the remaining battle suit, the female, slowly raised up from behind the counter, extending her hand and placing it right next to Push's head. "Bye." She muttered, before sending out a blast into the man's face.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Push didn't even notice as she popped up, and didn't turn around as the blast of space/time enveloped his head. His head practically vanished under the seething energy, the warps from his kinetic barrier lashing against the blast seeking to push through.

The barrier won.

The woman's blast vanished as the barrier pushed forward, the shards of space scattering to the four winds. Push turned, looking at her with the lazy eye. Suddenly, his head shot forward, causing her to recoil, and he grinned. Saying just one word.

"Stop."

And, whirling on his heel, the hammer swung with him, aiming right at the woman's torso!

"Hammer time."

Dragonfly scowled, taking quick stock of the situation. She grit her teeth, the air around both gauntlets twisting and folding as they built a distortion somewhat larger than normal. "No buildings full of civilians this time," she noted. "No open air to fly away in. Would offer to let you give up if I thought you'd take it."

Both hands came forward, launching a very large and churning shockwave that tore through the air at the villain who'd been sitting in the now-toppled chair, leaving a faint electric blue trace behind it as it sped unerringly toward is target. "And if you hadn't almost killed a building of people."

Dealing with two men at the same time, Powerhouse was having trouble fighting both of them together, even with all the items to throw at each other. Powerhouse did, however, manage to hit one on the head with a popcorn maker, stunning him. When the second one rushed him, attempting to catch him off guard, Powerhouse moved out of the way of the attack, grabbing him by the arm, and twisted him into his chest. Grabbing the man around the neck, he lifted the man straight into the air, and threw him straight through the wall. The man torn through the wood of the stand, and flew into one of the bowling lanes, smashing into it at the end, leaving him unconscious. Powerhouse took the time to turn around and attempt to get the other one, but a blast to his face stunned him.

With a rush of activity, the entire group of Suits began their attack. Though one of them was thrown into a lane by Powerhouse, the others continued their attack. The Female blasted at Push once more, attempting to get past his force field, while the man who had been knocked out of his chair fired a massive blast at Dragonfly "Eat this!" he said, slamming both his fists together and sending a massive warping of space at Dragonfly. The last one, dealing with Powerhouse, stuck his hand flat in the Hero's face and blasted him as hard as he could. Though the Hero staggered and his ears rang, he was not seriously injured.

Seeing the blast coming this time, Push barely ducked down in time, rolling underneath his arm and coming up behind her. A wide grin split his face as he whirled the hammer overhead...

"I said....Stop!"

Push slammed as much power into the blow as he could spare...and surprised himself. It felt as if his arm was jolted in transit, and a truly mammoth warp of kinetic energy spun around the end of the hammer as it descended upon the villain!

"HAMMER TIME!"

The strike connected, crushing the suit downwards and into the ground, the suit crumpling and cracking, a dust-cloud erupting as the kinetically-augmented hammer-blow slammed the woman into...and through...the floor. As the dust cleared, Push looked down through the hole at the supine figure, half-buried in rubble, with a small cracked sewer line leaking onto the wreckage.

"That's for dropping a building on my friend!"

He made to turn around, then stopped briefly...

"Oh, and you're under arrest."

Then he spun on his heel, moving to give Powerhouse some backup.

Dragonfly only scowled at the criminal as her force field got hit by the spacial disturbance...and scattered it, leaving the young woman untouched. "Not impressed. Just a coward with a fancy gun. Barely even know what you're wearing."

She held a hand out, twisted air and distorted reality collecting around the gauntlet before launching themselves at him. "Certainly don't know how to properly use it." hmm - actually... She frowned, narrowing her eyes. that's a thought - will solve a problem later

With Powerhouse dizzy from the blast and the others of his number hitting the ground like leaves in fall, the only armored person still standing up pushed the stunned Powerhouse off him while turning towards the oncoming Push. "EAT IT!" He roared, firing a warp of space at the Hero as he was far away, attempting to knock him over before turning his way to Powerhouse again.

The one that was blasted by Dragonfly, however, while only slightly injured and hurt from Dragonfly's blast, was obviously having trouble as his wounds were piling up, as he staggered from left to right on wobbly legs.

The blast splashed across Push's chest, a tiny bit of the energy managing to make it past his barrier, and he winced. The wince...turned into a snarl. He extended a hand, closing his eyes and feeling the currents of motion surrounding him, surrounding everyone. The suited man by Powerhouse stood like a beacon amidst the eddies, and he drew that energy towards himself, both refilling his repository of energy...and making it a hell of a lot harder for that man to move.

"Freeze."

Push's eyes opened, and he felt a might disappointed as the man visibly slowed to a crawl instead of a complete stasis lock. Still, better than nothing.

built them too well Dragonfly growled, frustrated that they were still on their feet at all - she'd hoped to have the suits and be on her way by now, and the longer this went on the more and more likely it became that something - anything! - would go horribly wrong. Half the enemies were knocked out, but these other two were just...too stubborn.

Still, it wasn't like she was going to stop trying. Another blast of twisting space got sent at one of the wearing-down criminals, for all the good she thought it would do. if I could go back in time - smack myself on the head....

After being Blasted in the head and becoming disoriented, Powerhouse was thoroughly confused when he stumbled his way back into the battle, meaning his brain started focusing again, and what he saw was the man who shot him, moving extremely slow. A target. The target.

Powerhouse, focusing entirely upon that man who was stalled, grabbed him by the throat with both hands, lifting him off the ground with empty eyes as the man struggled against Powerhouse's fingers, fingers that, while they were not wide, were incredibly strong, and the man, even wearing a powered suit, was unable to wrench himself from Powerhouse's grasp. Turning, Powerhouse slammed the man's face into an old Popcorn maker, breaking the doors into shards and smashing him through the back as well, leaving a hole behind the item where his head had been. Powerhouse's hands still gripped around his throat, then pulled him back, slamming him into the metal of the machine, then, finally, he lifted the man above his head and slammed him through the counter, splintering it and leaving a man-wearing-armor-shaped hole in the counter and the ground under it. His head towards Powerhouse, The blond man delivered once last punch to the man's face, shattering the face-mask under his fist.

There was only one man left out of the group of four, the last man, and the first to run at the original battle, but, this time, even he realized there was no escape, unless he finished everyone off right now. With a roar, he continued his aiming at Dragonfly and fired a massive blast, even larger then usual, warping space into a beam and firing it again at Dragonfly, colliding with her as powerfully as he could through his limited understanding of the suit.

The eddies and currents of movement swirled around Push as he turned, except now with a great deal more grace. His body seemed to be surrounded by one giant warp for a split-second as he extended another hand, pointing it towards his last target. He felt the energy flow from the man to his arm with the same speed it had from his previous opponent, slowing but not completely paralyzing. The ersatz hero looked at his compatriots in arms with a wolvish grin.

"Dragonfly! He's all yours!"

Dragonfly was a bit too busy to respond, skidding back along the ground - still on her feet, by some miracle of her low center of gravity - and smashing into a wall. The impact knocked her a little senseless, and her view of the world fuzzed for a moment. had to - just had to make them - that strong

In her knocked-around and dazed state of mind she was in no way equipped to keep her link to her gauntlets active, and some small part of her brain that was still keeping up watched in frustration as her force field twitched, flickered, and unfolded back into normal space. that's - that's not good - need to get it together

There was only one target left in Powerhouse's eyes, and, stepping onto and over the man he had used to create a path out of the concession stand, and barreled into the next person as Push slowed him down. The man, even when wearing a super-powered suit of armor, was not prepared for Powerhouse slamming into his side and sending him crashing into the wall with Powerhouse beating on him. Once the armor-wearing criminal found himself implanted in the wall, the blond man punched him several more times in the face, before pulling back and punching him as hard as he could- probably-, sending him through the wall and tumbling into the street. "All threats...finished..." he mumbled, staring through the hole.

Shaking her head to clear the cobwebs - and immediately regretting shaking her head, with the lump it just took - Dragonfly glanced around the building, surveying damage and making sure there weren't any threats left on their feet. She sighed. fantastic - contributed almost nothing to that fight - HAD to make the suits that powerful - didn't know better at the time - still "Not bad," she observed. "....both of you. Managed to contain damage to your enemies - appreciated."

There was no time to waste, though - 'down' was not always 'permanently out', and certainly wasn't 'disarmed'. Lights danced behind her eyes as she made her way toward the criminal in the street, his armor shutting down and folding itself back into a suitcase.

Push idly picked through the rubble, looking down at the unconscious woman and extending a hand. Rubble started to shift aside as the supine suit floated up and out of the hole, dropping her rather unceremoniously in front of Dragonfly.

"Heh, I still owed you one from that warehouse. I'll call it even then, shall I?"

He struck a pose, winking at the gadgeteer genius...before he noted that with an eye-twinkle from her, the suit had repacked into a suitcase. Odd. How on earth had she...his eyes shifted from the suitcase to her, then back again. Then he inwardly shrugged, turning to give Powerhouse a hand out of the building. Definitley not his buisness.

"So, you two want to grab lunch or something, since mine was so rudely interrupted?"

Staring at the man he had knocked through the wall, Powerhouse shook his head, his eyes going out of focus, and jogged over to the man he planted into the concession stand and the woman, picking them both up and heading to Dragonfly, putting them down. "Uh...Sorry that I almost broke them, Ms. Dragonfly." he muttered, scratching his head. "I..don't really know what happened there." he said sheepishly. "Umm..I'll eat lunch with you Mr. Push, but I think we should wait and...well, these seem to be Ms. Dragonfly's suits, so I guess we should help her if she needs it first?"

"Do not really need the help," Dragonfly grumped, making her way back into the building and connecting to the other suits to trigger their transformations back into suitcases. "....am glad to have had the help taking them down, however. Damage isn't concerning as long as I can find all the pieces. Will be destroyed anyway, in short order. Saves me some minor troub--"

She was cut off by the woman's suit, which had folded back up into a suitcase...with an open panel, a screen folding up into the air and playing a fuzzy recording of a man in a suit; any other details were lost to what looked like an intentional static effect. The voice was awfully clear, though:

"I certainly hope this lot didn't cause you too much trouble, but I did have to get your attention somehow - making a profit while doing so was even better still. I can only assume you're watching this, and the infuriating difficulty I am having getting these...things...properly understood seems to have put a limit on my ability to add this recording without causing unfortunate malfunctions, so I will keep my message brief and to the point. You always did prefer it that way.

"I don't know if you're her, or if you're working for her - some pitiful marionette in her employ - but in either event know this: I know where she is now, where you are now. I would offer a chance for surrender if I thought it would be taken, but no, I suppose things can't be that easy. A warning, then, a reward for your cleverness: I am coming to take back what's mine. If you are working for her, walk away. In the unlikely event you're her after all...put your affairs in order. These things simply never las--"

The screen exploded, Dragonfly lowering her arm as her gauntlet cooled back down. Her face was completely unreadable as she set about collecting the remaining suits and pulling them into her dimensional storage.

Push looked at the remains with a raised eyebrow, then shrugged and helped gather up the pieces. Thoughts went moving through his head, many different ones. Most obvious one was that Dragonfly had her own skeletons in the closet. And something someone obviously thought was worth killing for. Whoever that person was on the suit...Tapping the side of his commlink, he heard the familiar beep as his motorcycle's onboard GPS activated, the remote-control system moving it through the streets to his location.

The scarfed wonder kept his thoughts to himself as he worked, occasionally looking at the other two, and once opening his mouth to speak to Dragonfly...before thinking better of it. Finally, his bike pulled up, and he looked at Lazarus with some fondness. Walking by and slinging his hammer once again on his back, he leaned on the bike and looked down thoughtfully. Finally, his mind made up, he looked up and spoke.

"Powerhouse, there's a pretty nice coffee house in the Theatre District I'm fairly fond of, if you're still up for lunch."

He swung one leg over his bike, looking up at the sky, pointedly ignoring the suit remains as they were swept up and vanished into...wherever Dragonfly stuck her stuff. Ingenious tech, that, far better than anything Wyrd ever cooked up. Except the warhammer. Push liked the warhammer.

"Doesn't look like there's anything of note here besides a few crooks now, to my eyes."

He shifted his eyes to Dragonfly and tapped his wool cap in a silent salute. Suddenly, he felt a rather odd kinship with the girl. Still a bitter, bitter little thing, though. And grumpy. And socially awkward. And...he rubbed the back of his head, wincing at his own thoughts. When he looked up, his scarf was pulled down, and he looked a mite more friendly.

"You're welcome to join us, if you'd like. Sometimes...well...good company makes life a bit easier, y'know?"

Dragonfly didn't reply right away, making sure she'd gotten every last scrap and shard of armor she could find, including bits of that blown-out screen - she wasn't sure what the suit would have done with that thing tucked away inside, but she was pretty sure it wouldn't have deployed correctly. idiots - applies to me too - need to watch my temper - he just - ugh - mmh

Some zip-ties got pulled out of a pouch as she bound the villains, shaking her head. "Life isn't easy, anyone who says otherwise is lying. No. Things to do...suits to dispose of. Will stay long enough to report to the police. Will pass on coffee. And...thank you. I suppose. Almost evens things up for trying to crack my skull open."

Push actually laughed at her comment about life being easy, but it was mostly mirthless. He shook his head, rummaging around in his messenger bag and took out a small paper, tearing it in half.

"Said it made life easier, but believe me, I know from experience life's never easy. 'specially when...err...yeah. Meh."

He turned his face away, taking out a pen and swiftly writing something down before hopping off the bike and passing one to both Powerhouse and Dragonfly.

"This is...well, it's the frequency I've usually got my commlink on. Don't give it out often, and I don't plan to be in this city long if I can help it...but I'm usually knocking around, so give me a shout if you need it."

He whacked Powerhouse on the back and grinned, pointing at some rubble dust still on his shoulders.

"'sides, who'll dig you outta buildings if I'm not around, huh?"

"Umm..." Powerhouse mumbled, not really sure what was going on between Ms. Dragonfly and Mr. Push, but also realizing it probably wasn't his business to interfere. "Well...It's not easy, sure, Ms. Dragonfly, but it could be worse, you know?...Maybe." he offered, scratching his head. "Well...the point is, I don't know what's going on, not really, but if you need help, I'll help, okay? If you don't want help, then I won't help." He said, scratching his arm. "But...well...it helps if you aren't all alone all the time. I kind of know that personally." He said, as he took the paper and Mr. Push slapped him on the back. "Right...I suppose it would be a problem if there wasn't someone to pull me out, wouldn't it?" he muttered, somewhat distractedly, as he looked at Ms. Dragonfly again. "uhh...I don't know if you think I'm just a pain or not, but...like I said, if you ever need help, you can call me, okay?" he offered, doing the same thing as Mr. Push with a piece of paper he found in the abandoned alley itself.

Dragonfly sighed. "Not entirely on my own. But yes. Will keep it in mind. Suppose it's only fair...mmh." She patted her pouches for a moment before coming up with a couple scraps of paper, both with a phone number on them. "Mine. Not for social calls, but dial if you need something. Can't promise much, but may be able to help."

• 2 weeks later...

Push tipped his wool cap as he took the paper, swinging his leg over the bike and revving it with a laugh. The chassy was similar to hers, but it did look considerably modified, and not all of it looked entirely...sane. Or safe. Still, he kicked the thing into gear, and nodded at them both as the engine roared.

"Oi, 'fly...keep safe, willya? Can't always be around to pull your butt out of the fire. And that goes for you too, P.H!"

He winked cheekily, gunning the engine with a laugh. With a squeal of tires, he tore down an alley and disappeared from sight, his coat and scarf whipping up behind him like a personal battle banner.