Crack is Whack Part II (OOC)

Supercape

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Taking 10 on the Computers roll to get the cell phone to hang up and cancel the call - maybe disconnect itself from the local cell towers, if that's possible. Computers check of 25; I'm assuming cell phones aren't built with the most awesome security ever.

Yoikes.

OK. Knuckles first then...

Well, actually he has the fearless feat... never mind!

I'm going to just say the non-combat people get the fear and run. Despite being drug addled!

Knuckles goons are actually ex-military thugs. Im using the Soldier stats, with Streetwise and Drive skills at +4 added in. They are using various fire arms as described IC, and have leather jackets. Anyway... Will saves are only +1...

1d20+1=19, 1d20+1=13, 1d20+1=13 one makes it. Carrying a SMG.

The woman sidekick is a straighforward thug.

IM giving her +2 on this due to her loyalty to Knuckles and his fearlessness.

1d20+2=17 the Floozy still runs!!!

OK moving into Combat. Nicks action was effectively a surprise one.

19 - Dragonfly 2 HP - Unharmed

13 - Slick - 1 HP - Unharmed

Need Initiative From Nick who is down (I think) to 1 HP

1d20+10=16 for Knuckles

1d20=8 or actually 9 if I add the +1 bonus, for the Goon.

The chaos here is pretty bad, meaning Master Plan goes out of the window. Also, so many people milling around, its shooting into melee. And AoEs are going to be nasty for the "innocent" addicts.

TT, As I see it the TK is ranged but AoE, I'm not exactly sure how that works with the House Rules - I imagine a Reflex roll will half the Grapple bonus.. so here we go...

Knuckles 1d20+8=24 and has Evasion 2, so unaffected.

Soldiers (1st is not feared) 1d20+1=11, 1d20+1=14, 1d20+1=6 all hit with full effect.

Floozy 1d20+1=3 full effect.

I will hand wave the civvies (1 male addict, 1 female addict, the Voodoo guy). The unconscious woman on the floor, it is safe to say is also grappled!

Grapple checks... 1d20+6=9, 1d20+6=13, 1d20+6=16 ok so the first is grappled, the other two are pinned. Not bad!

Floozy: 1d20+4=20 runs off!

Unfortunately not, he has a defence of 10!

Also, he has elusive target, so without precise shot firing into him with this melee is at -8!

Her gauntlets as a whole have Precise. :science:

And so Knuckles is up, retaliating against 'Fly

Move Action: Startle Intimidate

Standard Action: Power Attack Fists: -4 Attack, +4 Damage (+6 Attack, DC 23 Toughness)

Resolving the Startle first 1d20+10=11 heh... well, its Will or Sense Motive to counter.

Fearless!

1d20+6=25 for the attack! Just off a crit...phew!

I think that hits irrespective of whether the Startle works?

Unfortunately true.

Toughness Save vs. Knuckles' knuckles, DC23 (1d20 + 7=13)

I hate you, Invisible Castle.

Burning a hero point:

Toughness Save REROLL vs. Knuckles' knuckles, DC23 (1d20 + 7=16)

That's much better. 9->19, plus 7 is 26. Defense shifting! Bah!

IM pretty sure fearless only works vs fear - not intimidate (which would be immunity to interactions), but its academic anyway and you survive the uppercut!

Hm. Did some poking on atomic think tank, and you're right - I've been thinking it applies more broadly. Word of god says that Fearless only protects against being inflicted with fear effects - so it'd save her from Fearsome Presence, but not Startle. Interesting. Aaand extremely unfortunate, because that means it's much easier to make Dragonfly flat-footed than it should be, seeing as she's defense-shifted. I'm going to have to ponder that one.

I think immunity to interaction effects (Bluff and Intimidate) costs 5 PP which sounds about right (also protecting you against the demoralisation effect).

However it dosent protect against acrobatic bluff. (I suppose you could buy immunity to that but its not listed...)

The only really surefire way is to rack up sense motive as high as possible (and its not surefire), maybe with Second chance feat.

Off topic but thats how I see it.

No, you're right. It's really something I should take care of, and has gotten bumped up the pp-priority queue a bit (powersuit! :argh: Always delays!). But I have an inkling to how Dragonfly could compensate for her poor skills without changing the character too much....