Crack is Whack Part II (IC)

Supercape

Slick gently pushed over the unconscious goon was slumped to his knees. He fell onto his back with a heavy crack of the floorboards and gentle puff of dust.

"That the end of that operation. Bad business, bad business" he sighed, as his flesh danced again back to the oily, spandex uniform of the Superhero Slick.

He knelt down to Knuckles, motionless for a second. "He smells of all sorts of drugs, to be honest, but I don't think he uses them. Smart man. Keeps his head clean, that's how he operates. "

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dragonfly scowled, frowning at Knuckles like she wanted to put holes through his head with her eyes. "Know the type," she commented, pulling out some zip-ties. "Too good at what they do. But not good at keeping it from hurting others. If they even try."

She shook her head, going about tying the unconscious villains up. "Ghosts happier, now? Or...less frantic and angry, at least?"

"Not... exactly," Nick said. He scanned the room; the ghosts seemed to be slightly relieved by the fall of the ward, but were still scratching at the walls and sending out plaintive moans. "A lot of them seemed to have died from the product, so one way or another, they're tied up in its existence. Either it needs to be destroyed, or... well, they want one last hit." His brow furrowed. "I can't believe I'm suggesting this, but... I think we need to light up some crack."

GM

Slick laughed "light some Crack.. well, that's a new way of giving Ghosts some rest, but why not... we have the means!"

He grabbed the pipe from the nearly unconscious slumbering figure in the corner and proceeded to light it up - wafting the fumes around.

"Don't get to near, chaps!" he said as the smoke filled the room. "My metabolism is pretty good at getting rid of this junk..."

He gave an enigmatic smile "...not perfect at it, of course..."

Holding his breath, Nick looked around for something that would contain the fumes; finding a strong dearth of boxes, he eventually found a vase that had improbably gone undamaged up to this point, turned it over, and stuck it over the lit crack pipe.

"There's precedent, of course," Nick said. "The Egyptians fought the soul was a thing of many parts. The ka, the breath of life, was often sustained postmortem through offerings of food and drink. Records are a bit patchy on whether this applied to drugs, but I'll take what I can get." He put his hand on the vase, and began solemnly intoning:

"An offering given by a practitioner to Osiris, the lord of Duat, that he may give a voice-offering of..." He considered the vase. "...rough-hewn cocaine for the kas of those around us, granting them bliss and release."

GM

To the naked eye, little happened. Maybe the most perceptive of men might notice the flickering of light, the wafting of fumes, and the subtle presence of the supernatural, but nothing concrete.

However, a sense of calm filled the room. Nothing grandiose, but a stillness all the same.

To Nick's eyes, or more accurately, his senses, he formed the impression of a small army of restless souls marching into a restful slumber from which they would not return.

Dragonfly scowled more than a little at the proceedings, but had to cede to Nick's judgement where the spirits of the dead were concerned....reluctantly. She did, however, find a spot to stand as far away from the lit pipe as possible, covering her face with one hand. seems disrespectful almost - offer them a sample of what helped kill them - feed the addictions of the dead?

She shook her head, but stayed quiet, watching for signs she knew she wasn't attuned enough to see.

Nick looked around the room. "They're gone," he said. "They're at peace now. I'm not really happy with feeding addictions, to be honest, but with the ward down, the ghosts might've gotten violent if they didn't get what they wanted. And it was either that or try to get the ghosts into Promises." He lifted the vase and, taking care not to inhale, extinguished the pipe. "And now that that's done with, we should probably call the police. They'd be interested in where the rest of this stuff came from."

GM

"On it" said Slick, who was already speaking to the Police on his mobile.

"Powerful stuff, whatever it was..." he said, flicking his mobile shut. "...I guess the Police have the resources to look into this, with the right forensic investigators. But I wouldn't be surprised if there is a little more to this" he added, looking around the old building. "Like necromantic wards, for one thing. Maybe there is something a little arcane going on. Necromantic wards? Baron Samedi?"

He shrugged. "I don't know, its more up your street" he said, referring to Nick. "But something odd happened here, something to keep an open mind about. "

"Doesn't really seem like his style," Nick said. "Samedi prefers to sell his own product and make dependable slaves through it. Not use a middle man with his own type of drug and get addicted ghosts. Could be some sort of new plan he's working on, and I wouldn't put it past him to string out ghosts for laughs... but it could be we've just got an independent operator here who lucked into some power. Still, worth looking into."

Shaking her head, Dragonfly listened to the two men - the man and the...? - for a while before adding her own two cents. not that it's helpful "Not...really my area. Drug dealers, magic, ghosts...." She sighed, and shook her head again. "Got involved largely by random chance. Will leave further investigation to you two...other leads to follow, myself. Still. Good luck. Let me know if you need any help, or if something makes its way into Greenbank."