Sound Off (IC)

Flare Knight

After being pummeled while motionless for several seconds by the yellow man's massive fists, Powerhouse's glazed over eyes turned back to blue, his face emotionless, his eyes cold, as he stared at Terror after his last hit that sent him floating several feet back over the ground, with him stopping in mid-air, as he spoke in the same, cold, tones, like a salesmen deciding on how much something cost before taking it to market. "Main Target Acknowledged. Commencing Destruction." He said, his feet landing on the ground as he dodged Terror's next attack, preparing for a counter-attack, or, his body prepared for it, as it seemed that his lights were on but no one was home.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terror, as always, completely ignored the orders of The Tranquility Tyrant, doing his own thing. It just happened to be that his 'own thing' was attempting to pound Powerhouse's face into the pavement as hard as he could. As such, The big Yellow creature continued to throw punches at the smaller hero, but they all went wide, not necessarily because the hero moved, but simply because he was starting to see double in his enraged state at being unable to finally deal a crushing blow Powerhouse, so his attacks were becoming more and more ineffective, as the creature stopped aiming and instead just threw attacks forward in an attempt to hit the Hero.

WU remained perfectly calm, or at least one of them did. The half light, half dark warrior continued to harry Gabriel in close range, striking with alternating blasts and stabs with their darkness cloaked hand. "Come on!" The voice said in it's predominantly male version. "Sit still and die!" the female voice kind of finished, but it was possible it was a completely different thought. Then the hand cloaked in Darkness struck home, driving forward towards Gabriel as he stepped slightly off balance, aiming for his stomach. "Fall!" The Feminine styled voice said, and a grin could be *felt* on WU's face, even if it couldn't be seen.

Gabriel grit his teeth, trying to prepare himself for the incoming blow; somehow, he knew he couldn't dodge it.

"So long as I-"

Whatever else he would have said was lost as WU's blow struck truer than any might have thought possible. WU's hand struck dead center on Gabriel's torso, and the Dark energy coursed through his body. His wordless shriek of pain echoed for several city blocks in every direction, before he suddenly went silent and collapsed into unconsciousness, smoke wafting upwards from his limp body.

Grinning behind his armor, The Tranquility Tyrant could only laugh as Gabriel fell down, the hole from where WU had stabbed him, proving his stance right, he knew that the other man would fall quickly, while Gabriel had been a challenge, the other man had been utterly worthless. "You see, for all your appearance of a man in white, coming to save the day, the fact you did not win makes it obvious that my way is superior." He said simply, brushing dust that did not exist off his suit, as if wiping Gabriel from his mind. "Terror, WU, finish that other man." He ordered, calming down and giving out more orders.

Powerhouse was eerily calm as the two people closed in on him after Gabriel fell. He offered a look in his direction, but he didn't seem to recognize exactly what had happened. He twisted and stared directly at Terror, then, easily, tossed his hand upwards. Terror floated in the ground for a little bit, not really going anywhere, then he shot into the air, hundreds of feet high into the air, suspending him above the air.. "First Target, incapacitated. Next Target....Located." He said, turning towards WU, before the double person's hand stabbed him in the gut again.

Terror was preparing for his punch when he felt the ground disappear under him. looking down, he saw he was floating, then turned to the only hero still standing. "What This!" He roared, then developed a serious allergic reaction to the Ground as he blasted into the air from Powerhouse's gravity control. He flew fast, two-hundred feet in the air, then game to a complete stop at the end. A speed of a lot to zero in an instant, and he couldn't go anywhere to punch someone.

WU was more relaxed, however, and after dumping Gabriel to the ground with a single hand, the half and half creature rushed at Powerhouse as he threw Terror into the air, almost out of sight. "Have to do everything myself." The covered person said in it's female voice, once more extending it's hand. The dark-covered hand slid into Powerhouse's gut where Gabriel had taken the same attack. This time, though the hero staggered, he did not fall, though only barely.

The Tranquility Tyrant grinned, stepping forward from where he was standing, and extended his hand. A non-existent blast of silent sound shot from his open palm, and Powerhouse didn't move, but the blast seemed to have no effect on him. "I can't watch you fools fail anymore." He said to WU, and probably to Terror, though it was unlikely the large creature could hear from so far up. "Join your friend, I'm getting sick of these fools and realize I need to do everything myself." He said, a frown on his face behind his mask

The first stab into Powerhouse's gut was enough to cause him to stumble, but the programming in his head prevented him from falling, not really himself, but he kept standing, his face blank as the hole in his gut hissed out smoke. That was not the end, however, as the Tranquility Tyrant apparently decided to stop standing around, and blasted him with waves of sound, but he didn't even notice it, though a small purple bruise appeared right over his heart. "Sustaining damage. Continuing attempts to attack. Next assault incoming." Came the emotionless voice, his face blank

As it was now two on one, now that the Tranquility Tyrant had made his move and started his attack, Powerhouse was outnumbered, and Gabriel was out. WU, still trying close combat with Powerhouse, stabbed once more for his gut, but this time, instead of it going into his skin, it bounce off, as if he couldn't get any traction. "what in the world?" She/he asked, the male voice superior at this time. "You didn't hit him hard enough!" The girl said back to him, annoyed. "Always have to do everything myself!"

The Tranquility Tyrant snorted at the woman part of WU told off the male part. "Listen, girl, you know your brother is your superior. Speak off to him again and I'll have your head." He said, blasting more Sonic energy the stationary Powerhouse, but for all it did it was worthless, because he stood stoically. "And you, know your place. Fall to the ground with your friend so that I might continue my fun." He said, spectacularly annoyed with Powerhouse at this point.

Stumbling under the barrage of attacks, Powerhouse stayed standing because there was no reason to fall down to him, right now. He suffered under the barrage of attacks, but, as WU tried to stab him once more, but it bounced off his skin, he grabbed the man/woman by the arm and flung him/her into the air, joining Terror in floating in the sky at the speed of 'extremely fast', then coming to an instant stop. He turned to The Tranquility Tyrant as he finished his toss, standing straight up, even as his body was covered in bruises and cuts. "Situation. Two of three enemies stalled. One remaining. Damage: Extreme, multiple organ failures noted, severe injury noted to stomach and intestines. Chance of Failure; High. Continuing Offensive." He said, emotionlessly, as he stared at the Tranquility Tyrant and prepared to launch him into the air as well.

As WU flew into the air, the long, drawn out, curse she was screaming was so odd as to be unrepeatable due to not finishing while she could be heard, but The Tranquility Tyrant, always the Consummate Professional, simply extended his hand again, sending a massively quiet blast of sound at Powerhouse. The large hero, instead of letting it hit him this time, simply ducked his head, and what had been aiming for his skull flew past him and into another float, which fell apart in a loud display of silence."Just fall down already!" The man roared, as he felt Gravity remove itself from him as well, before he shot into the air.

The next man to fall upwards into the air was The Tranquility Tyrant, who shot into the air just a few feet away from his friends, each floating in the air. The emotionless Powerhouse raised his hands to the sky, his face a blank. "Damage; Critical. Powers; Failing. Removing Powers. Fall." he commanded, as Gravity started working on his opponents again. WU fell the hardest, as Powerhouse made him/her fall through a building, then out, then to the ground, where he lifted and dropped her several times. On the last hit, hard enough to shattered the pavement, WU split into two people, a Girl wearing a white cloak, and a boy wearing a black one. Both were in their late teens to early twenties, and neither moved. The Second hardest to fall was The Tranquility Tyrant. Though he bounced, he was only stunned, not Unconscious, and he mumbled and twisted, slowly standing up. Terror did not flinch as he smashed into the ground, standing up instantly and rushing towards the barely conscious Powerhouse, who blinked, and the emotion went back into his eyes. "Gah!" he screamed, grabbing his gut. "What is going on!?" he screamed, as Terror bared down on him.

Terror had finally had enough, as he rushed at the stunned PH. He didn't even pause as he got extremely close, but grabbed the hero by the head and drug him along the ground, the ground tearing up along his back as the heavily wounded hero attempted to force himself out, through Terror's horrible loud laugh. He threw him, after several feet of dragging Powerhouse, and the Hero rolled to a stop several feet later, unconscious and barely breathing. "Ha Ha! Little Man is dead!" He said, grinning, then laughing at his destruction.

Powerhouse was too exhausted after everything that had gone on to even attempt to fight against Terror's grasp as the man wrapped his massive hand around Powerhouse's face. He could only cough a little as his head was ground against the pavement, then, barely conscious, he forced himself to stop rolling near Gabriel, breathing heavily. "Hope...I...infection." He said, all he could say and half a joke, as his head hit the pavement and he finally fell completely unconscious.

As Terror exalted at his victory over the annoying Powerhouse, The Tranquility Tyrant grabbed the Male part of WU in one arm and the hair of the other part in his other and ordered at Terror. "Get those two, we're heading out. I have a cunning plan." He said, as multiple ropes descended from the Zeppelin and the two climbed up them, grinning behind his suit all the way. They would show the whole city while you listened to the Tranquility Tyrant, and why everyone need some peace and quiet, all the time. No more of these stupid parades, that much was certain. He'd use these two fools as an example, and prove to the world why he was correct and they were wrong.

Floating across the sky, the heavily armed zeppelin floated slowly through the skies above Freedom, cannons bristling, though it fired no shots. Visible along the sides of the cannon were several robots...but not, as on closer inspection it could be seen it was a handful of men in armor, attaching a highly decorative Gallows to the top of the zeppelin, with three ropes hanging off it. There was no platform, the three would just be thrown off the zeppelin to their dooms.

Inside the Zeppelin, his hands behind his back, Terror sitting nearby, The Tranquility Tyrant grinned under his mask, wanting to laugh, though it would be ungentlemanly, and instead turned around, looking disdainfully at Terror- it was little more then a child of anger and fear, nothing worth using for more then large segments of damage and nothing else, though he was very helpful in stopping those two-, and spoke in his nicest, calmest, best attempt at being nice to him. "Terror, would you go see how the gallows are going?" He asked, calmly, enunciating each word to make it obvious what he wanted. The big man stood up, nodding.

"Yes..." He said, then lumbered off, his feet causing the entire balloon to shake. When he was finally gone, the Tyrant moved over to the corner of the control room, where a large, comfortable, chair sat, and placed himself on it, then turned on a small, old-time radio next to it. Pleasing old music drifted out of it, and the old man slowly waited as a group of mechanics approached him quietly- on padded shoes to make no noise-, to work on his armor.

"Make it better. It was too weak before. I need it stronger, better, more effective." he explained to them, like he was a grandfather trying to make his stupid children- possibly what he saw- listen to him when they didn't speak the same language.

Sterile white on white, a humming cage, a long hallway. That was all that awaited the two Heroes as they woke up from their 'naps'. Laid across a pair of benches haphazardly, both with quickly patched holes in their stomach where WU had pierced their stomachs. Almost all their other wounds were gone, but those were obviously going to scar, painfully.

The field was yellow, humming slightly, but not annoyingly. It obviously did not shock to touch, however, as, across from the cell the two were held in, a teen wearing a black cloak pulled over his head sat in the middle of the hallway, his hand touching the field on the opposite side. In this cell was another teenager, a girl, with a heavy white cloak covering her face, though a handful of snow white locks fell out of her covered hood. She did not move at all, other then what appeared to be rhythmic breathing from the movements of her chest up and down.

Gabriel groaned softly as he sat up. Super-villains rarely gave proper medical attention to wounded heroes they held. Go figure. He managed to get fully upright, then looked across the hall. A frown touched his face.

"Is she a prisoner as well? Is she hurt or anything?"

His voice was laced with gentle concern, instead of condemnation. He had a general idea who these two might be, but he didn't want to jump to conclusions.

The teen turned slowly around to face Gabriel, moving his body so that he was always right against the field as close as possible to the girl in white. When he finally managed to turn to face Gabriel in his odd stance- his back pressed so hard against the field it looked like he might fall in, the White-cloaked man saw a shock of pitch dark hair, blacker then tar, under his cloak- so dark the black cloak actually made it more obvious- and slowly spoke. "She spoke back. You aren't supposed to talk back." he said, sparing a look at the unconscious Powerhouse for a second at the other question. "She wouldn't be hurt at all if not for him." he spat. He looked like a mid to late teenager and his voice sounded like one, but his actions were almost childish in some respects. He wasn't disrespectful to Gabriel, but he was obviously angry at Powerhouse.

Gabriel steadied himself, then stood, and walked over to the field. When he spoke, it was gentle, as if it was a mentor speaking.

"You're not allowed to voice your own opinions? That seems a bit unfair. Really unfair, in fact. Did she refuse orders in the field, or just say something? You don't deserve that sort of treatment."

He seemed to take the boy's attitude towards Powerhouse in stride.

"You're mad that your sister was hurt because of him. I understand that; I'd be mad if my sister got hurt, too. But stop and think about it. We weren't coming in and fighting because we dislike you; we were trying to keep people safe. People who don't have powers like you and I; people with brothers and sisters and mothers and fathers and children. Helpless in the face of beings like us. Like that child was helpless when you were heading for him, until I stepped in. Look, if we wanted to get mad at people for hurting us, shouldn't I be mad at both of you?"

He patted his stomach gently, near the wound he'd received.

"But I'm not. I forgive you. I think you two can change, and for the better. You've clearly got notable power. What if you turned it to other pursuits? I know there's lots of ways for metahumans to make a very good living that don't require breaking any laws. And it doesn't mean you have to be a superhero.

You're young. You have a chance to change your life still. Please. Take that chance. Help us out of here, please."

The stare that was returned to Gabriel was first cold, but then softer. The boy averted his face after a time of Gabriel's speech, hiding his face once more. After the riveting speech from the man, he seemed to sit there for a moment, considering, then sighed. "Fine...I guess. I mean, yeah...You're right. This place isn't much fun." he relented, pushing himself up, though he didn't wish to leave his sister's side and his hand lingered on the glass for a moment. "Just wait here, I'll...do something." He muttered, then walked away, down and out of the hallway.

The group didn't have to wait long, however, as- after a yell of surprise and a loud thump- the fields shorted out with barely a sound. Groaning from the opposite room, the girl in the perfectly white cloak slowly sat up and turned to the two remaining men in the open cells. She stood up, brushed off her cloak, and sighed. "I like to think I am more realistic then my brother, so while we have aided you, slightly, and I still owe you once more, we won't fight on your side. However, we can't fly...which is really stupid, so if you'll be so kind as to help us down after you go about doing whatever you want to do, we'll help you a bit more." She said, attempting to bargain with the man- after all, she was the main reason he had a scar on his gut- from underneath her white cloak, making it hard to see her facial expressions.

Gabriel waited patiently for the boy in black to do what he'd promised. He wasn't disappointed. A gentle smile crossed his face at the shrewd bargaining of the girl.

"I will not ask you to fight our battle. That you would stand aside is good enough for me. And I promise, we will get you safely off the airship when we are finished. All I would ask is that you direct me to where the one in armor is located, or at least most likely located."

As he speaks, he moves over to attempt rousing Powerhouse, via gently shaking the man.

The black covered teen returned as Gabriel began to wake up Powerhouse, dragging the body of a man in a fancy golden suit with him. In his other hand the boy carried a gun, which he tossed into the vacated cell his sister had been in, followed by the man. Dusting off his hands, he nodded at his sister, who nodded back, and they stepped at each other.

Instead of hitting each other, when the twins walked into the same space, they stopped, sliding over each other like transparent paper, as a bubble of dark and light curled around them. It would have been collapsing darkness, but there was enough light to prevent it, and in the same way, it would have been all consuming light, but there was enough dark to prevent it. When the bubble closed down, WU stood In front of the two, covered from head to toe in Its combination of white and dark, hiding even their face. They pointed out the way that one of them had come, speaking calmly. "You are in the end of the ship, the main engine is right behind us." He, for the male part spoke in lead, pointed down the path away from them, opposite where he had come back from. The female spoke next, crossing its arms in front of WU's chest. "From here are the Supply Closets, housing guns and ammunition, then the Barracks, then the Main Hallway- for being called a hallway, it's just a long bridge with nothing but the blimp around it, and past that is where he usually sits." She explained, then he took over. "While you go get him, which I suppose you will want to do, We shall disable the guns, if you have no complaints." they said, offering a bow. "We shall head for the bridge after giving you some time, and hope to meet you there. she finished, then headed the opposite way from where they entered, the swishing of their cloak and the light thud of their boots being the last thing that was said as they headed through it

Powerhouse was enjoying his nap immensely, feeling like he was floating in mid air, when the shaking kind of disturbed him and his world twisted a bit. 'Naaah, I'm flyin...' he said, as teh shakes continued. 'then again, don't I have stuff to do?...yeah...alright! I remember! Terror! and the Gold Guy! Yup, gotta help Mr. White beat them!' He said to himself, waking up slowly, his eyes cracking open and listening enough to hear the vague idea of what was going on, and when the boots faded out, he jerked upwards at the shaking, yawning loudly. "Alright!" He said, slapping his closed fists against his chest, then turning to see the guy that woke him up and ginned. For all his seriousness in fighting, he was very relaxed now. Probably because he was still groggy. "Hey Mr. White. We got a plan to beat those guys?" He asked, twisting his chest around. "I mean, we are gonna go beat him, yeah?" He asked, fiddling with the new scar on his gut.

"We're going to move quickly, and hopefully catch him off-guard enough to take him down hard and fast. We can't let him hurt anyone else."

He begins walking down the hall, coat flowing after him, before he stops for a moment, turning to face Powerhouse again.

"And the name's Gabriel. Let's go."

With that, he took off at a determined pace, refraining from flight only in deference to Powerhouse likely lacking such an ability.

Following the white clad man quickly- glad he wasn't flying- Powerhouse cracked his knuckles, fully expecting another fight against the big yellow man, but this time, they'd win, not him. "Oh, right, Name." He had been a bit distracted in his thoughts about the large yellow behemoth, but he quickly offered it after being told his companions. "I'm Powerhouse, Mr. Gabriel, and I guess we are saving the day together today, so it's a pleasure to be working with you." he said with a grin, happy to get some revenge.