Sound Off (IC)

Flare Knight

As the two Heroes hurried down the passageway, they passed through several empty barracks and other assorted rooms, not sating in them, but realizing they were there. It was the fourth room from where they had been captured, opening an automatic sliding door, when they finally ran into more people.

Five guards were lounging at a table, playing some type of card game. When one took a look up at the sound of the door opening. "HEY!" He barked, throwing his cards to the table and grabbing at his gun. "You aren't supposed to be moving around!" He roared, the other people at the table realizing what was going on and getting up as well, fumbling at their waists. Wasting no time, the Sixth man, who had been standing near the far door, rushed down the hallway, closing the door behind him as he ran.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gabriel's Wave of sound had as much effect as a Superhuman going after a bunch of normal people would, as the massive blast of wave sent one man tumbling heels over head into the door, sent a second into the table and spilling the cards all over it. A third found his way into a wall, sliding down it slowly, and the final two smashed into each other and collapsed. In only a few seconds, Gabriel had cleared the entire room, before anyone else could react in any way.

Standing pretty much idle as Gabriel did his work, Powerhouse waited until the group had finished falling around and crashing into each other to step into the room proper. "Impressive Mr. Gabriel." He muttered, picking up the table with one hand- it was in his way- and throwing it into the wall. Really into it, as it stuck into it, on his way to the door. Pulling back his fist, he stopped, and turned to Gabriel. "Oh, my apologies. Do you mind if I take this one Mr. Gabriel?" He asked, moving the grunt who had hit near the door away so he could have a clear shot at it.

Gabriel shrugged at the praise. The thugs had been under-prepared and under-protected. Their next fight might not be so easy.

"Please, just Gabriel. As for the door, by all means. You'll likely get through it quicker than I could."

He made sure to stand back several feet, giving the other hero plenty of clearance.

Powerhouse nodded at the man's directions, attempting to find purchase on the locked door, and finding none, so he shrugged, and drove both his hands into the solid steel. It punctured, and, twisting his hands, he pulled towards him, dragging the metal out of the door and throwing the former door out of the way, sending it skittering across the floor edge over edge. "After you, Mr. Gabriel." Powerhouse said, stepping to the side and waiting.

Gabriel just nodded, having given up on getting Powerhouse to drop the "Mr" before his name. Besides, this was a time to be serious.

"Keep yourself alert."

With that warning, and sonic energy already gathered around his hand, Gabriel floated into the air and slowly moved down the hallway, essentially expecting an ambush, and trying to be as prepared as possible for one.

Stepping into the next hallway, the two realized that what they had assumed to be a hallway was not a hallway at all. It was a single, long bridge, complete with railing, heading through an empty section of the zeppelin. Looking up, the pair could see, hundreds of feet above them, the black canvas of the balloon itself, and hundreds more below, the bottom of it could be seen. Across this long walk-way, just long enough for one person to rush straight across, stood the yellow colored behemoth Terror, who grinned and slammed his fists together. "I crush you!" He roared at the two men, preparing for a rush at them.

Gabriel narrowed his eyes at Terror. He concentrated, and lifted both hands, palms flat and facing the huge berzerker.

"I don't think so."

Suddenly, waves of sound lashed out of his hands. But instead of assulting Terror's powerful body, they struck out at his mind. The clashing sounds that pounded his eardrums and brain bounced back and forth in his mind, slowly but surely seeking to confuse him so much he couldn't even move.

'I hope this does something...'

Gabriel's face was a mask of concentration as he maintained the auditory assault.

Even as Terror began what would have been a charge along the small bridge, he had to cover his ears with his hands as the violent sound assaulted his ears and head, making him scream out loudly, and completely incapable of movement as the sound burned his ears and caused him to claw at them. "paaain!" He roared, then slowly fell into a wordless, high-pitched whine as he stopped talking and simply tried to drown out the sound with his own screaming.

With the larger man distracted, Powerhouse took this chance to run along the metal bridge, essentially carelessly, towards the larger yellow creature. As he got within striking distance, he pulled back his clenched fist, and delivered a crushing blow to the stunned creature, smashing his fist into his face. It did little real damage to the creature, but it was so satisfying. "Take that!" He said, triumphant at finally inflicting some damage onto the larger man, even if it was only a bruise or so.

Now that his target was immobilized, Gabriel jogged a few feet forward on the catwalk, braced his feet, grabbed his right wrist with his left hand (thus bracing his arm as well), and carefully fired tightly focused sound waves at Terror.

Instead of just trying to knock the brute out, he was seeking to disrupt his normally super-tough skin enough that Powerhouse could get a more telling blow through. But he recalled that this wasn't super-successful last time.

"If this doesn't work, just toss him off the catwalk! He'll hit the bottom of the blimp, and be fine, and we can move onwards!" he called out to his impromptu teammate.

Grinning, Powerhouse reached out for the yellow giant, grabbing him around the left arm and neck, and twisted, pulling him over his shoulder and, with a heave, throwing the man over the catwalk. He made it seem like he was picking up a flowerpot, even though the man was much larger then him, as he threw him to the bottom of the blimp, where the stunned man bounced a bit, then came to a rest. "Done!" He said, grinning at Mr. Gabriel. "Between me and you-" he said, looking around. "I coulda thrown him way farther." He said, before turning around. "But your stuff is way cooler! You're like a...I dunno, like a bird! Or that one music artist that can scream and break a wine glass!" He said, honestly impressed with the man's powers.

• 2 weeks later...

Gabriel winced a bit at the man's comparisons.

"The preferred term is "sound controller". Anyways, we're not done here. Let's go."

With that, Gabriel briefly lifted off and rushed ahead in flight, landing just in front of the door leading onwards. He turned back to wait patiently for Powerhouse to catch up.

"Right. Sound Controller. I'll remember it Mr. Gabriel." Powerhouse said, then turned to the door. "I got this one." He said, leaning down like he had seen during Football games, and ran into the door as fast as he could. In one smooth motion it buckled around his shoulder and off the hinges, and Powerhouse ran straight into the next room, as if the door hadn't been there.

After the door flew off it's hinges and Powerhouse barreled into the room, The Tranquility Tyrant twisted in his chair- a swiveling chair of red fabric, possibly velvet or a similarly expensive material- slowly, the mechanics who were working on his suit finishing their fixes and stepping away, and he laced his fingers, looking at Powerhouse and the doorway where Gabriel was. "Ah...yes. I had been hearing reports about you two ruining my ship." he said, gesturing towards the thug from a few rooms back, who stood in a corner, holding his gun in front of him as if to protect himself. "You have beaten my men, turned my agents, and ruined my ship. All for what? A Parade for nothing?" He asked, standing and pointing to a phonograph, which played classical music from it, then relaxing and sinking back into the chair. "The music those people played was garbage, worthless noise! They do not understand how beautiful this music is, the glory of the great composers. Beethoven, Mozart, Hummel!" He said, growing louder and louder, then becoming quiet again. "They've been replaced, forgotten! By men who forget to wear belts and fifteen year old girls who don't know to stay in the kitchen! What I want, when I hear them, is nothing. I want Silence!" He chuckled, raising a fist. "Tranquility. Thus, I have taken it upon myself to show the world why Silence is better then this ho-hum garbage they call music now." he said, slamming the fist onto his chair's armrest. "But I can see now, neither of you two have an appreciation for what I offer, so instead, I must remove you." He stood up, slowly, his fists clenched and his body covered in his armor, a gold, silver, and red creature with a black T for a face, and snapped his fingers. "You have turned WU, rendered Terror Worthless, and as such, it falls to me to get things done, as always. Guards, remove these men from my presence, and my Blimp." He barked, as several men began to draw their weapons and approach

Gabriel's face was set in a fierce scowl.

"Bad enough you try to impose your narrow-minded views of what constitutes music by making everything quiet. But you were directing your people to hurt people. You were going to have them harm a child."

He throws his hands up, his coat flapping dramatically as his power sings around him. He thrusts his arms forward, sending a compressed sound wave into the midst of the thugs Tranquility Tyrant was assembling, perhaps even catching the armored villain himself in the blast of disorienting sound.

"NO MORE!"

Clasping his hands to his ears as the noise rang out around him, deafening him. In his anger, he direct his own blast of Sonic energy at Gabriel, though it hit the side of the door instead of the sound controlling Gabriel. "You little twerp! Respect your elders!" He roared, unable to hear himself destroying the silence he himself had tried so hard to create not long before.

The man's guards were focused on a different target, however, aiming Powerhouse- who was standing in the middle of the room after his bull rushing charge- and aimed several large Laser weapons at him. At once, they all fired on the Hero, who was mostly surrounded and unable to move, hitting him with several bright beams, filling the area around him with smoke, and him at the center.

The beams that hit Powerhouse did little to actually hurt him, but he sat inside the smoke with a small burn on his chest and thought to himself. okay...so...need a new plan. he thought, then nodded after deciding on one. As the smoke started to clear, he slammed his hands together, aiming towards where the laser that had actually hurt him came from. The Smoke exploded away from him as a shock-wave of sound and force escaped from his hands and blasted over both the man that hit him and the closest next to him, sending them sprawling to the ground. "Does this make me a Sound Controller too?" He asked Gabriel, turning to the next person.

The time for talk was over; Gabriel was deadly serious as he move along the deck, keeping his eyes on the Tyrant, positioning his hands to try battering his armored foe down. To Powerhouse, he merely gave a terse reply.

"Take care of the thugs."

Then a pair of sonic blasts ripped away from his hands. One went wide, making an impressive dent in the ceiling. But the other blast hit dead-center on Tyrant's chest. The corner of his mouth twitched upwards in satisfaction, but this battle wasn't over yet. He kept a close watch on the older man, hoping to have some insight to his intended actions.

As the members of the fight slowly separated from a group of people into two sets of fighters, The workers, unfazed by Powerhouse knocking out their friends in a single clap, re focused them beams and fired at him again, once more each one blasting into him, and this time singed his skin more as he was covered in energy from the blast. Not wasting time, the group slowly advanced at the smoke, their guns held ready for him to emerge.

The blast to the Tryant's chest knocked the wind out of the Old man's body, causing him to wheeze under his suit, distracting him as he held his chest and preventing him from actually making a movement. "*cough* You...*hack* I..I'll teach you..You loud...rambunctious...snot nosed brat!" he finally forced out, his hands gripped around his chest where the blast at hit him.

Once more, the beams that hit Powerhouse somewhat just bounced off him, as if they weren't there, but this time, two of them pierced his skin, leaving him with a total of three burns on his chest. He mentally noted that this was getting worse and worse, but he was pretty cool about it, and, waiting for the group to get closer, slammed his fists together again, sending the two men that had hit him in that barrage flying into a heap and joining their friends, his face a mask of concentration as small smoke trails inched off his skin. "As you say Mr. Gabriel." He said, responding to the orders he had been given like a machine.