The Infection (Closed) (IC)

The man looked like a bum, there was no other way to describe it. An Old brown coat, ‘hobo’ gloves, an old wool knit cap, worn out boots, a shoddy pair of jeans, and a year old beard, he stood in the rain, looking into the sky with a face filled with both desperation and sadness. “Just for tonight, just this one night,†He said, his voice a whisper, a plea, someone begging. “Stop raining!†He screamed to the heavens, his whisper gone. The world seemed to oblige, as the clouds broke, the full moon shining down upon him. “YES! YES YES YES! NOW! LET ME SHOW THEM ALL!!!†He screamed, as he turned to the man outside the line of the moon

The hobo-man, a wild look in his eyes, a syringe in his hand, edged closer to the man outside the moonlight. The man was not gorgeous, but he was not ugly. He had a business cut of brown hair and was wearing a suit that had obviously been roughed up in the recent past little bit, from the fresh dirt stains on his body and hands and the black eye on his face, tried to crawl backwards from the man, but only ended up tripping over himself due to his tied up legs and arms. The hobo-man grabbed him by the upper arm and dragged him back towards the circle of light. “I know what you are, don’t try to hide it. You are one of *THEM*. Yesss. You have the gene! That one gene that this virus effects!†The man whimpered under his gag. The Hobo slapped him. “Silence.†He barked, ripping off the man’s sleeve and uncapping the Syringe. “Dad?†A voice asked from down the hilltop, stumbling up it in a bright pink raincoat and boots. The man, through sheer force of will, bit through the mouth gag and screamed. “RUN, ELIZIBETH!†The girl screamed, but had been taught well, and ran. The Bum laughed. “Good! Hunting Practice!†Then he slammed the syringe into the man’s arm as he tossed him into the circle of the moonlight.

The bonds fell away under the man’s bulging muscles and ruddy-brown fur, growing as the man did under the moonlight. His teeth turned to fangs, his mouth into a muzzle, his eyes into black slits on a Golden Iris, his suit and pants ripped, leaving him in tattered rags. His finger nails became claws, he dropped to all fours, his hands turning to paws, standing in a hunched position, he howled at the moon. The hobo grinned. “HUNT!†He screamed at the Wolf-man. “HUNT! HUNT!†He screamed, louder. “MAIM! KILL! DESTROY! REMOVE YOUR PAST!†the wolf ran off after the girl, snarling, and long trails of drool falling out of his muzzle.

The girl was young, but she ran as fast as her little legs could carry her, screaming all the way. She could feel here Papa-the wolf- behind her even as she dashed away. His hot breath on her neck terrified her. She managed to- barely- outpace the snarling beast behind her. It was fighting between itself and the man who refused to hurt his daughter. As she turned into an alleyway, by a touch of luck, she overturned a pair of trashcans, which caused the wolf-man to trip into a dumpster, which shut and lock. This insane turn of luck couldn’t even be examined by the girl, as she kept running, sliding into the fence at the end of the alleyway. The Wolf tore his way through the steel, and, slowly, walked down the alley, stalking his prey, his teeth showing in a wicked wolf-grin, rain pelting the two. The girl screamed again.

Powerhouse had been walking through Ashton on the night mostly due to boredom. He didn't really have any reason to be there, other then the fact he was a Superhero. He had heard something about some crazy bum who had been attacking random business men and escaping, and some reports indicated he had a syringe, but would never inject someone with it, so he was wandering around in civilian clothing to make sure that nothing else happened like that. Wearing his standard long brown coat and holding a clear umbrella over his head to hold out the rain, he stared forward with sunken eyes- he had not been sleeping well lately- and sighed. "What am I doing here? Surely there are Heroes around here to stop some bum from beating up businessmen." He said, then shook his head as lightning cracked in the sky above him. "Heroes save people, it doesn't matter if someone else is here, it means that I just have to do what I can when I hear something." he nodded, spinning the Umbrella in his hand as he walked down the path.

The Shout of a man for someone to run drew him towards a hill in Ashton, almost as much as the fact that, just in that single hill, there was a hole where the moon shone through the clouds, while it was still raining- and he knew, because it still thudded against his Umbrella-, and he ran towards the hill, his feet thudding against concrete, then grass. Finally, deciding even his running was too slow, he leaped into the air, moving so fast and far it was barely below flying, slamming into the ground at the base of the hill and running up it.

Stumbling to the top of the hill, he grimaced at the Hobo who watched as the wolfman rushed down the hill, and Powerhouse- in Civilian garb-, stared at the man in a combination of anger and confusion. It was fairly obvious the man caused the wolf man, but he couldn't sit still while the creature was rushing away. He gave one last look, then turned and chased after the man.

His legs burned as he ran, pulling off into a small ally and, with on hand, lifting a Dumpster. It was- somehow- mostly clean underneath, so he quickly pulled off his clothing, glad he kept his Spandex underneath, and then leaping into the air. He followed the Wolfman by running and leaping between buildings along the roofs, and he finally got a glance of what the man was chasing, a teenage girl, as it turned out. When she turned into an Alleyway and was lucky enough to knock the wolf creature into a dumpster. As the creature broke his way out of it, Powerhouse leaped into action, landing on the ground between them. "Run." he told the girl, as he stared down the Wolf

The wolf snarled, spit flying off it's mouth and covering the ground as it was rained away, and jumped at the Hero. Howver, it stopped in mid-jump and leaped upwards, bouncing off the side of the wall and the other wise, doing a variety of acrobatic movements as the blond hero attempted his best to keep up, but it wasn't long before he could no longer keep up with the creature. As he stepped back to regain his baring, the Wolfman bared down on him, sinking his fangs into Powerhouse's Bare neck, grinning as it's fangs punctured the hero's thick skin, it's saliva filling the wounds, and, with a jerk, pulled, tearing out a hunk of flesh as it stepped back, dropping the flesh and preparing for another attack, blood glistening off his fangs and

The girl, meanwhile, did not wait, she grabbed the fence and hauled herself over it, offering only a glance back as the two scared off "That's my dad! please don't hurt him!!" she said, jumping the fence and running off.

As disorientated as Powerhouse was, he had no hope of avoiding the beast. As he looked to the Fire escape that the beast had been at before, he felt the beast bite into him, and Powerhouse went rigid- he had been struck before, but this was new, as the creature really bit into his skin, and tore-, but he stood completely impassively, his body rigid but relaxed to prevent causing extra pain, as the beast tore the hunk of flesh off his shoulder. He flinched at that, and let out a hiss, clenching his other fist and walking forward, calmly, not fast, but not slow, just one step in front of the other, his face bright, even though it rained. "My Turn!" He said, taking one last step and delivering a harsh left hook to the Wolf's face.

The wolf creature's nose flattened a little as the hook from Powerhouse connected into it's muzzle. Dazed from the blow, it stumbled around a bit, howling in pain, as it tried to remember what it was doing. It was hunting something, but it couldn't remember what, something...or someONE. It shook it's furry head, trying to get the stars and rain out of it's eyes as it did so, it's ears flattening against it's head as it snarled, refocusing on the target in front of it and preparing for it's next attack while it was -somewhat- preparing for a counter attack.

As Powerhouse and the Wolf battled in the rain, exchanging blows, The Hero's eyesight went out of focus for a second, and he saw two different wolves for a second, as the rain pelted his eyes and pain shot through his shoulder, like a fire eating into his skin and burning itself outwards. He hissed, even the rain pounding into his skin did not lesson the burning, and, his face contorted in pain, he missed wide with a massive left hook, and crashed his fist into the brick wall- then through it- leaving a hole. The wolf took this chance to jump at him, and, puling his hand back, the teeth once more sunk into his wrist. With a roar, he pulled back his other hand and, kicking the Wolf in the cut so he slid back a little and released his arm, Punched the Wolf as hard as he could with his other hand, rocking the creature's jaw and sending it flying down the alley and across the street, into a dumpster, and sighed when it didn't move, grabbing his torn up shoulder and wrist and hissing in pain. His vision was blurring, not just from rain, and the wounds seem to burn in pain. He almost seemed to see hair sprouting on his arms, but he had to be wrong with that.

As the blond hero fell to his knees on the ground in pain, gripping his wounds, the hobo walked up through the ran, holding Powerhouse's discarded umbrella over his head- what the Hero had once took for insanity in his eyes, he saw, was gone, replaced- his eyes shining with intelligence. As the Wolfman extricated himself from the dumpster and made his way over to the man, stumbling and tripping, the Hobo stared down at the Hero, grinning behind his beard, laughing at him. "You are worthless, not only do you contain the gene that lets my virus work on you, even though it's so rare. Ah well, fun is fun, and this is educational fun, the best fun of all." He said, grinning, showing teeth that obviously were well taken care of, and weren't in the least the look of a Hobo pulling a small vial of blue liquid out of his coat. "Imagine if you turned into a Wolf like him." He said, gesturing towards the wolf. "He's just a normal person, and he managed to be so effective, even if he wasn't much use in the end. You, a Superhuman, turned into one of my beasts? I'll be unstoppable. Probably. I don't really know regarding you. I can honestly say I don't know much about you, but whatever." He said, shaking the Vial. "Of course, you are probably thinking about this being the cure, but it's not. I didn't make one, because I'm immune to the disease. I made it so it targets only one specific gene, which I don't have." the bum-scientist explained, giving an Evil laugh- like all good villains- as he held the Wolfman off with a gesturing, making it back off from getting close enough to maul Powerhouse again.

With a smile, the Bum removed his over-worn coat, and pulled off his fake beard. His hat came next, revealing short brown hair clipped close to his face. he continued wearing his ragged pants and shorts, but with the removal of the older objects on his upper body, he went from bum to professor, or something similar. He gave the air of a distinguished professor, even though it was obviously he wasn't, at least not anymore, He gave Powerhouse a quick kick in the face, ignoring that the Superhero didn't flinch, then turned away, his boots causing splashes as he walked away from the collapsed hero, giving a whistle to the wolf, who got in Powerhouse's face, snout to nose, and gave a toothy grin, before running away after the professor.

Powerhouse was quiet on his knees as the scientist-hobo man rambled off his plans to him, trying his best to, somehow, avoid thinking about the pain the bites were pulsing with, and what they meant. The rain that beat down on his entire body made his vision blur between the drops, but he forced himself to stand up. Breathing deeply, he took a few minutes to think about his situation. 'Bit by a Werewolf turning Virus.' He thought, countinuing down that train of though 'Not good. I need to find someone who can help me.' he thought back for the past few days, with his meetings with Ms. Fleur and Mr. Victory, then focused on what Ms. Fleur said. Dr. Archeville, at Archetech. Deciding that either he could help or there wasn't help, the new Hero jumped into the air, holding his hurt arm and wrist, landing on the roof, and looking around, attempted to remember where the man's lab was. He waited, his breathing calm, not labored- he didn't want to agitate his wounds, then nodded and turned to the area where he was sure it was from. Rushing across the roof, he leaped into the air, towards where he was pretty sure Archetech was. 'Stay calm, deep breaths. Don't let it spread.' He repeated to himself over and over again, trying his best to avoid forcing the transformation along faster, and avoiding the moon light- he assumed that was part of it.