Power Level: 7 (91 PPs)

Unspent PPs: 1

Characters Name: Watcher

Alternate Identity: Michael Orson

Height: 5' 9''

Weight: 141

Hair: Black

Eyes: Brown

History: Michael always had GREAT eyes. He aced every vision test in school, flawlessly reading the bottom line. His vision didn't even stop after a wall. In school, everyone though he was a genius because he got straight As, but he was really reading other people's papers from across the room. When a superhero (The Uncommon Cold) came in to his class one day to talk about safety, the entire class wanted him to show off his powers. A student filled up a glass of water, and The Uncommon Cold froze it. It didn't look that hard to do to Michael. He saw the exact way that he had frozen it. He decided to try it himself. When the class demanded an encore, before the superhero could freeze the second glass, Michael tried it himself. It worked.

Stats:

Str: 10 (+0)

Dex: 10 (+0)

Con: 10 (+0)

Int: 10 (+0)

Wis: 10 (+0)

Cha: 8 (-1)

Attack: +5

Defense: +4 (+1 flatfooted)

Initiative: +0

Saves:

Toughness: +4 (+0 flat-footed)

Fortitude: +4

Reflex: +4

Will: +4

Feats: Defensive Roll x4, Dodge Focus x2, Throwing Mastery x2

Skills: Notice 8

Powers: Mimic (Multiple Powers, all at once) 7 [Visual]

Modifiers: Perception +2, Extra Subjects (5) +2, Check Required (Notice, after having seen the power being used)

Supersense: Super-Vision (Analytical, Extended, Penetrates Concealment Vision(Cannot penetrate lead)) 6

Costs: Abilities (-2) + Combat (14) + Saves (12) + Feats (8) + Skills (2) + Powers (55) = 90

Players Name: Uninverted

History: Michael always had GREAT eyes. He aced every vision test in school, flawlessly reading the bottom line. His vision didn't even stop after a wall. In school, everyone though he was a genius because he got straight As, but he was really reading other people's papers from across the room. When a superhero (The Uncommon Cold) came in to his class one day to talk about safety, the entire class wanted him to show off his powers. A student filled up a glass of water, and The Uncommon Cold froze it. It didn't look that hard to do to Michael. He saw the exact way that he had frozen it. He decided to try it himself. When the class demanded an encore, before the superhero could freeze the second glass, Michael tried it himself. It worked.

Stats:

Saves:

Modifiers: Perception +2, Extra Subjects (5) +2, Check Required (Notice, after having seen the power being used)

Supersense: Super-Vision (Analytical, Extended, Penetrates Concealment Vision(Cannot penetrate lead)) 6

Costs: Abilities (-2) + Combat (14) + Saves (12) + Feats (8) + Skills (2) + Powers (55) = 90

Players Name: Uninverted

Stats:

Saves:

Saves:

Toughness: +5

Your saves only add up to 12, not 17 as you have indicated at the bottom of your sheet. I think you tried to buy your Toughness save up directly. You have to do that through a power, so buy Force Field 5, Protection 5, buy up your Con 10 more points (also grants a bonus to Fort save), or more ranks of Defensive Roll, whatever best fits the character.

Powers: Transfer 8 (Transfers any General power at a time from victim to Thief)

Feats: Dynamic, Slow Fade 6 (Affects entire Array)

Modifiers: Independent +0, Tainted -1 (Affects entire Array)

APs: Transfer 8 (Transfers any Alteration power at a time from victim to Thief)

Transfer 8 (Transfers any Attack power at a time from victim to Thief)

Transfer 8 (Transfers any Defense power at a time from victim to Thief)

Transfer 8 (Transfers any Mental power at a time from victim to Thief)

Transfer 8 (Transfers any Movement power at a time from victim to Thief)

Transfer 8 (Transfers any Sensory power at a time from victim to Thief)

Several things about this:

1. We have generally disallowed Slow Fade to be bought on Boost effects. I would be especially reluctant to allow Slow Fade to be bought on a Boost array with the Independent extra.

2. What is the purpose of the Independent extra? Unless I'm missing something, its only purpose would be so you can use more than one power in the array at a time without paying for it. I don't think we'd ever approve that.

3. Tainted is not a Flaw that is described in Core or UP, so we'd have to discuss it before allowing it.

Saves:

Your saves only add up to 12, not 17 as you have indicated at the bottom of your sheet. I think you tried to buy your Toughness save up directly. You have to do that through a power, so buy Force Field 5, Protection 5, buy up your Con 10 more points (also grants a bonus to Fort save), or more ranks of Defensive Roll, whatever best fits the character.

1. We have generally disallowed Slow Fade to be bought on Boost effects. I would be especially reluctant to allow Slow Fade to be bought on a Boost array with the Independent extra.

2. What is the purpose of the Independent extra? Unless I'm missing something, its only purpose would be so you can use more than one power in the array at a time without paying for it. I don't think we'd ever approve that.

3. Tainted is not a Flaw that is described in Core or UP, so we'd have to discuss it before allowing it.

Saves:

It seems like this character is really messed up. It looks like Transfer doesn't work the way I thought it did at ALL. As it stands, this character looks like a pretty big no-no.

I think I'm just going to overhaul this character and make him a Mimic. Should I just edit my post, or would a new thread be more appropriate?

EDIT: Alright, I put the new character in the first post.

It seems like this character is really messed up. It looks like Transfer doesn't work the way I thought it did at ALL. As it stands, this character looks like a pretty big no-no.

I think I'm just going to overhaul this character and make him a Mimic. Should I just edit my post, or would a new thread be more appropriate?

1. I only count 7 feats, not 8.

Powers: Mimic (Multiple Powers, all at once) 8 [Visual]

Supersense: Super-Vision (Analytical, Extended, Rapid, Penetrates Concealment Vision) 7

Your powers should be 63 PPs (8 ranks of mimic at 7 PPs per rank + 7 ranks of Supersense = 63). And I'm not sure that your "check required" is really much of a flaw. The notice check, especially with your super-vision, is almost completely irrelevant, so the question is, does having to see the power in action before you can mimic it a -1 limitation? I'm not sure, but I can think of a number of circumstances where that would be pretty limiting.

If another Ref approves I won't object.

Supersense: Super-Vision (Analytical, Extended, Rapid, Penetrates Concealment Vision) 7

Your powers should be 63 PPs (8 ranks of mimic at 7 PPs per rank + 7 ranks of Supersense = 63). And I'm not sure that your "check required" is really much of a flaw. The notice check, especially with your super-vision, is almost completely irrelevant, so the question is, does having to see the power in action before you can mimic it a -1 limitation? I'm not sure, but I can think of a number of circumstances where that would be pretty limiting.

My other concern for you is that you're spending 56 pp in order to get the use of your choice of 40 pp of powers from people you're fighting. I don't know if that variety is worth it, especially since you have very little that you can do until you start to mimic (and it's a real bugger against those pesky martial artists).

I'll wait to see how you'll fit the extra pp in, since you're pretty well overspent right now.

My other concern for you is that you're spending 56 pp in order to get the use of your choice of 40 pp of powers from people you're fighting. I don't know if that variety is worth it, especially since you have very little that you can do until you start to mimic (and it's a real bugger against those pesky martial artists).

I'll wait to see how you'll fit the extra pp in, since you're pretty well overspent right now.