First; The Encounter (IC)

11/17/10, 4:30 PM

Hopping along the Waterfront in his bright Spandex, Powerhouse could only think it a good day. He'd had a few rough-spots in his first week or so out, he'd met Ms. Fleur on his first night, who'd been nice enough to tell him a bit more about the ideas of being a Superhero. Then he met those other two- he was still sorting out how helpful they had been, but it was plenty- and now, he was really getting the hang of what it meant to be a Hero. Sure, nobody quite knew who he was right now, but hey, he knew who he was, and those three did, so that's all he needed! He'd just work on the rest of it! So, he stopped on an old dock, waved to the workers unloading fish- they waved back, who cared if it was a new guy, at least it wasn't some crazy guy-, and he jumped off again, smiling brightly.

Landing on the next pier, almost a mile away, he stopped. Something felt off. He shook, and turned around, but saw nothing. Confused, but not too worried, he worked out his options. 'Probably just a kid, I mean, I'm running around shirtless in Spandex, pretty strange combination here.' he muttered to himself, then turned around and jumped off again.

"That the guy?" A man-shaped creature asked, his voice like a rumbling volcano, landing where the Spandex-clad man had just jumped off. He wore a full body suit of grey and black, even a mask, and small waves of energy could be seen flowing off him. Even as he spoke to nothing, a similarly clad young girl ran up behind him, not with a cap, but a mid-driff bearing black shirt and grey pants, her silver hair- dyed, obviously- flowing behind her"yeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeah" She said rapidly, twitching. The man nodded."Let's get him then." he said, flying into the air again.

Powerhouse stalled again as he turned, he definitely felt someone behind him. Certain it was just a kid, he turned, a smile on his face. "Hey hey, no need to hide, I'm not gonna bi-" then he stopped, as a Forklift flew at him. Calling on every ounce of strength he had, the Blue-eyed hero caught the lift by the prods, sliding along the dock, and teh wood, as it roared at him. Slowly, though, he came to a stop, and dropped it in front of him. The Panels of wood groaned and cracked, but didn't break "Okay, Seriously, What in the Wo-" He was stopped when a man-shaped creature floated down in front of him, all blacks and grays, with a bright yellow- garishly so- insignia on his Chest of the letters YF and the number 41 "Cherub 41...Denton!" He said, distinctly scared in his tone of voice, backing away, only for someone to tap him on the shoulder. Turning, he saw a girl in Grays and Blacks, her silver hair flying in a non-existent wind, her face a cold, uncaring, smile. On a patch on her left shoulder sat a garish yellow YF and the number 15"Principal 15...Dallas!" He barked, in the same tone, and looking back at Denton, he knew he was surrounded, and that meant he only had one way to go, up. Bending down, Powerhouse focused everything he had, every once of strength, into his legs, and let go. Launching into the air, his muscles screaming as he jumped much faster, much higher, then he had before- he couldn't out run Dallas, so the only hope was that he could jump faster then Denton could fly, but he knew the two would be chasing after him. He landed on a solid side-walk, and the two caught up quickly, before he could even make his next jump. They were still smiling, or Dallas was, Denton was probably smiling. "Let's go, Powerhouse. They want you back." the Cherub/Denton said, his hands crackling with energy.

"They don't even know where I am! They wouldn't have sent two trainees to take me back if they did!" Powerhouse argued, and Dallas laughed, like everything else she did, it was extremely fast, and her words came out in a blur and bundle. "allweneededwasthetwoofustotakeyououttheydidn'tneedanyoftheChosenafterallyouarejustapipsqueakwhodoesn'tfitinanyoftheclassifications." Listening to her made his head hurt, so he took several steps back, and hit a wall. Deciding this was as good a time as any, he took a look at his surroundings.

Some part of Powerhouse had realized this particular area would be abandoned, and had been right. There were almost no people in sight, and those that were in sight were bailing as fast as they could- one of these groups was a villain, and it didn't matter who- On the left of him was a red-roofed warehouse, made of old wood, with several old boxes and even another fork-lift outside it. Inside were more empty boxes of some kind, and the walls were tagged with Graffiti. A Look to his right gave him a Blue-roofed Warehouse with similar outsides, though it lacked a forklift, and the inside was relatively clean. He was standing on Concrete that stretched out to about 20 feet past the pair of Supers in front of him, and ran left and right down a road to a point he couldn't see. Past the concrete behind the supers was a pier, though not the same one he had jumped off of, with an abandoned bucket of Bait at the end of it. "I don't suppose there's any possible way I can convince you guys to come back after I get this Hero stuff down better, could I?" Denton gave him what was probably a blank stare behind his mask, and Dallas just laughed. "Yeah, guess not." He muttered, before getting ready to start swinging. "If you're taking me back, I'm going down fighting." Powerhouse said, determined and fierce despite what he knew was gonna happen. I'm good. We'll just say we attempted to retrieve you, and you killed yourself. Whose gonna know?" Denton finished.

On his usual patrol duty, Victory zips around the skies of Freedom, keeping his enhanced vision on the streets below, searching for any sorts of trouble. And, as he approaches the Waterfront, he finds exactly that. His eyes spot someone he didn't recognize leaping high through the air, and two others chasing him. Suspicious, he lowers himself down a few dozen feet for a closer look. Sure enough, it's a fight ready to happen. Two roughs, cornering some kid who looks to be a newly-arrived Super. Sighing, he steels himself, and his rockets roar, sending him plummeting to the ground in a flash of silver. But he doesn't even plant his feet. In a big swoop, his fist goes for a MASSIVE uppercut, aimed at the faster one of the pair.

And sure enough, it hits home. And what a hit! The sheer impact causing a thunderous WHAM! to echo through the city, like a bomb went off. And next thing anyone could tell, the thug was far out of sight...

Dallas had always been fast. Sure, all Principles were fast, but she was fast. So what if the stupid teachers didn't think it, or whatever, she knew she was fast, and she'd known it forever, they'd just notice realized how fast she was. Of course, what she hadn't been expecting was someone, or someTHING, faster then her, not just faster, but way faster, to blast down from the sky, and, before she could even see it, plant an Uppercut into her face so hard she felt every one of her teeth rattle. She blasted off the man's fist like a rocket had been strapped to her back, and before she lost consciousness, as she dimly registered that she had been hit by something vaguely human-shaped instead of some monster, she vaguely saw the buildings in the distance that she had passed, and realized the machine had punched her so hard, she had flown out of the city. For Denton's part, one second Dallas was there, the next she wasn't, and his brain hadn't even registered that yet. The problem with seeing so well, it turned out, was that your Brain couldn't keep up. To him, in his head, Dallas was still there, even while she was actually still passing the City-line.

For the part of the Buildings in the area, Victory's Uppercut blew out the glass from the Warehouse, sending it scattering to the floor in a cascade of shards, the two closest Warehouses shook heavily on their foundation, and even some of the boxes in the area exploded into planks of wood, so vicious was the Uppercut. From across town, anyone could feel the vibration of the massive blow, and two blocks away, the ground actually shook with the force of the hit, even though the Machine-man hadn't even been touching the ground. And he wasn't done yet.

With the little one gone, Victory turns, the dust from his blow not even having settled. Casually looking over Denton, he cracks his knuckles, the left hand making the sound of moving gears and pistons as he does. He lets the thug's brain have a second to register just what was about to happen to him, when he gives a bit of a grin.

"Welcome to Freedom City."

And the welcome wagon runs him right over, as another massive blow strikes him in the face, sneding him hurtling into the brick wall of the warehouse. Victory actually looks a bit surprised. This one must be tougher than he looked. But no matter. He looks over to Powerhouse, with a big, heroic smile on his face. "You alright, kid?"

'I didn't realize the Runt found himself a f*@&ing Guard-dog' Blared Through Denton's mind as the Man, more machine then man, really, smiled at him. Then he was punched in the face about the second after he realized Dallas had just flown Victory-Air out of town. For his part, the Suited man took the punch to the area of a normal person's face fairly well, he only flew into a warehouse, crashing through the bricks and several boxes, before coming to a stop, dazed and utterly confused, and lying on his back. He tried to blink away the stars, but that didn't work too well. The only thing that managed to escape his general area was a long, pained, moan. "I am never coming back to this city." He muttered, trying to get his legs and arms working again, but every bone and neuron in his body seemed to have been rewired, so he kind of twitched around instead.

Powerhouse was not a Smart guy- he wasn't dumb, but he wasn't a Genius. He was not all that quick at seeing stuff, either, his vision was good, but he couldn't perceive beyond what a normal person could. What the 6'1 man in Spandex saw was not a Heroic man punching two thugs then stepping over to him, but instead was Dallas getting punched by the air and sent hurtling into the sky, and then someone appearing and punching Denton through a brick wall. So he stood pretty much in a combination of shock and silence until those gears clicked in his head and he looked at his savior. "That's...incredible. You just beat up the DNA modified Copies of an Alien who runs faster then light and someone whose entire body is made of Pure Energy. How did...no, how COULD...that's...it's almost impossible!" He was almost speechless, as he looked between the Hole where Denton had fallen through, and the man, before nodding. He turned towards the hole, however, and stared into it. "Ah, Yeah, I'm okay...they hadn't attacked yet...but...hold on." he said, gesturing. "Denton's tougher then most tanks. That might make him see stars, but he's probably still moving." he explained, forcing his way through the hole in the warehouse by adding a few extra inches with his fingers, then finding Denton's battered, but still moving, body in a crate and giving him a solid whack on the skull, dinging against the metal helmet, only for him to keep moving. Powerhouse shook his hand that had hit the metal-covered man, then turned back to his savior. "He's still moving. I don't know if I can knock him out." he explained, looking for backup.

Victory's lip stays curled in a smirk as he hears Denton's little comment. "Good. We don't want you here, anyway." He waits a moment to see if he'll be able to get up, as he hears Powerhouse go on about what a big entrance that was. The bit about the powers made Victory chuckle very slightly. "Well, I'm fast, but I'm not lightspeed fast. So either that's hyperbole, or she's not a very complete clone." The bit about this other one being made of energy is helpful, though. He relays the info back to base through his helmet. "Caught that? Be ready to contain an energy being."

When he cuts off communication, he does so in time to see Powerhouse land a very brutal punch to the laid-out foe, and winces a bit. He shakes his head, and gives a little "Step aside"motion with his hand.

"That's not how we do it in Freedom. Stay here. I'll take care of this guy."

In a flash, Victory and Denton are both gone, flown over to Victory's standard drop-off point, where a few AEGIS agents outfitted in MAX suits slap nullifier cuffs on the energy villain and bring him back to base. And before they even got the cuffs on, Victory was already back to where Powerhouse is, dusting his hands off.

"So...what's the story here?"

Powerhouse didn't get to beat on Denton for long before his Mechanical Savior swooped in, took him away, and reappeared...or did he even disappear? Powerhouse saw Denton, then didn't see either of him, then saw the Savior, so he had to assume. But the mechanical man asking about the story made him know he didn't know a thing, which meant, coupled with him saving him, he could be trusted, so the blond man walked over to a box, touched it a bit to make sure it wouldn't break, then sat down next to it, and spoke, slowly, and measured. "They were bullies, from a long time ago. I was having trouble, and you saved me. So, I appreciate your assistance very much." As simple as that, and he was quiet again.

Victory notices the test the kid gives that box. He can usually guess at what that means. He's had to test pretty much every seat he's ever used, himself. His visor does a quick scan as the kid moves, noting that his hand did give off a much greater lbs/square inch than normal for someone his size. That, with the punch from before...must be a super-strength type.

"Bullies, you say? Must've been some school you came from to have super-powered bullies. And you look a little too old to be one of the Claremont kids. What's your name?"

Powerhouse smiled, clenching his fist a couple of times. The gears turned again, not really wanting to give out what he was being asked for, but knowing he needed to give it out as payment, so he considered it for a second, his face blank but considering, and he finally spoke up after a few minutes. "Yeah, it was quite the school. It's called Yellow Forest." he said, looking at the hole in the wall where Denton had been punched through and shrugging. "Claremont's that one where the special kids who have powers go, right? Yellow Forest is something like that, I guess. more specialized, would be a way to put how they are different." He said, direct, simple, but planned. His words were measured and meant pretty much exactly what he said "There's only seven powers...well, eight if you count me, but I'm the runt of Yellow Forest though, the weakest set of powers, and either of those two could probably have taken me out. So, thanks for that..." He explained, grabbing the collar on his left arm and twisting it around- for as much as he could twist it, he couldn't remove it- while he waited for a reply.

Victory listens closely to the stranger's story, making sure to record as much of it as he can and relay it back to the people at HQ. He hadn't heard about this....Yellow Forest, and it could be worth investigating from the sound of it. And he couldn't help but notice the fidgeting he does with that thing on his arm. Might be something to do with this school and why the other two were chasing him? He couldn't be sure. But when he heard him refer to himself as being part of the "lower" class, he smirks. Putting out his left mechanical hand for a shake, he lets the gears make a noticeable sound while shifting his fingers.

"Well you don't have to thank me. Anyway, name's Victory. What do you go by?" He figured that someone on the run like he seems to be is probably not going by their real name...

Looking up, Powerhouse smiled and stood up off the crate, twisting his waist, he grasped the man's mechanical arm and shook it. "I'm Powerhouse, Mr. Victory." He said, shaking his head at the man, as if confused by his logic of not asking for thanks. "It's always proper to thank someone when they do something for you, and, after all, you saved my life...probably, so that's worth all the thanks I can give." He explained, before drawing back again. "So, Mr. Victory, I told you my story."Powerhouse said, 'Some of it', he corrected in his head, "So what's yours? Why do you look like a Robot but talk like a man?" Victory was an odd thing to Powerhouse. He knew him from Press Releases and such, but he could never pin down if he was really a robot or a person. He seemed to straddle that invisible line and not care what other people thought, or something. Maybe some real answers would be better, maybe he was more Human then Robot, or maybe he was just a mix of both.

Victory has to do his best not to give at least a small, amused chuckle at the way Powerhouse asks exactly what he is. Not the least reason was because he felt quite a significant bit of strength in that handshake. He knows better than to offend anyone with that kind of grip, no matter how they may seem. He'll chalk the unusual wording to nerves. The smile never leaving his face, he casually reaches up and removes his helmet, which separates from his head with a hiss and a click. But underneath it, once he removes it from his head, is a normal-looking person's head, with a medium length head of reddish-blonde hair. "I suppose you're not familiar with the term 'cyborg', then?"

The blank face on Powerhouse made it obvious that while he was used to people removing helmets, the word was completely lost on him. "I know of people who wear Suits to be strong, called Principles, and of Robots, but I've never heard of someone who is a 'cyborg', though I kind of know what it means, someone with Robotic Parts but is still alive, right? It sounds like something from a comic book, not real life!" Powerhouse explained, chuckling at his own joke slightly, before becoming serious again. "Where did you take Denton? Not a normal prison, right? If you took him somewhere like that, he'll be out by tomorrow afternoon." he said, sounding slightly worried all of a sudden at the prospect of the Radioactive man covered in iron escaping again.

Victory chuckles, putting his helmet back in. He's generally not supposed to take it off when he's on-duty, but doing so for a second or two shouldn't be a problem. "And a man made out of energy isn't something straight out of comics? Heh...there are WAY weirder than me here in Freedom, let you tell you." His hand, as he speaks, opens and closes in a rhythm. A little bit of a tic he's developed since the procedure.

"I wouldn't worry. I brought him over to my people. They've held worse than him before, trust me. And after he goes on trial, he'll be brought to a more permanent prison. A place used to holding his kind."

Rubbing the back of his head- man he was doing that a lot with Mr. Victory-, Powerhouse shared a chuckle with the cyborg- as that was apparently what he was- at the gag of people made of energy. "Yeah, and I suppose I'm someone from a comic book too, too strong, too tough." he said, smiling. He seemed generally relieved at the man's statement of Denton being detained, though he quickly went back to being worried. "There's more of them though... More Speedsters or Walking Bombs. Those two were weak, but there's more, stronger, faster...stuff like that." he said, a very dark look on his face. "What crimes did he even commit? I mean, you beat him down before he really got to do anything to me other then throwing a Fork-lift at me." Powerhouse pointed out after a moment of silence, confused at how he was allowed to be arrested. "Will I have to testify against him?" he asked, even more worried then before, that would not be something he could do, at all.

"Throwing a forklift at a person? Sounds like Attempted Murder to me."

He didn't have the heart to tell the kid what was really gonna happen: From the sound of what Victory was told, the guy was probably going to be interrogated with power nullifiers on. Probably with a few people in power suits nearby just in case, until he tells them everything he knows about this....Yellow Forest.

he thinks for a moment, then sighs and shrugs, the sounds of gears and pistons going with his shoulders. "I'm not sure, to be honest. I'd prefer to have you come by and answer some questions for us in a more format environment, but if you'd rather not, I won't hold it against you. But I will say that it'd be pretty hard to keep him locked up without some further information. And keep that other one locked up. There should be a team heading to where I knocked her as we speak."

With a sigh, Powerhouse collapsed back onto the crate, then through it, landing on the dirt as the box broke away under him. It would have been hilarious, if not for the fact it was probably on-purpose, and he didn't attempt to stand up, instead picking up one of the planks of wood and holding it lightly- for him- in his hand. The board creaked. "I can come, but I can't do Cameras....No, no, it's better if I don't go at all." He reasoned out, changing his opinion mid sentence, extremely firm in his insistence he wouldn't go. "I don't know if he was actually trying to kill me though...I mean, you could probably ignore what I'm about to say- off the record, I mean, I think is what they use-, but I don't think he wanted to do anything but beat me down and take me back...home." he explained, looking at the board, turning it over in his hand, examining it. "I might be wrong though, I don't know what they want anymore. But Cameras are bad, I don't want Cameras to see me, it would be bad things. You can't talk about me, not on TV. It would be dangerous. There are others, some far stronger, and to them. I'm just." He snapped- no, shattered, it turned to splinters in his hand- the wooden board with a twitch. "A toothpick. The less that people know about me, the better, you understand?" he wasn't worried about Victory, or scared of him, that much was obvious, it was more that he was scared of something, someone, maybe multiple somethings or someones, that he didn't understand what they could or could not do, and wanted to make sure that he didn't do anything to risk himself against those 'somethings'

From the sound of it, Powerhouse being on the run means completely avoiding anything that might bring him too much attention. Especially anywhere these Yellow Forest people could see. Well, it was unfortunate, but he can understand why someone would want to remain out of the spotlight as much as possible in this sort of situation.

"Well...if you need to stay anonymous, you could always just give a written testimonial or something...but I understand. If you change your mind at all, let me know. I'm very easy to find. Just look up in the sky a little while. You'll see up there almost any time of day."

Powerhouse pondered Victory's words for a time, gears turning in his head as he thought about what he wanted to say, before throwing the splinters to the ground and shrugging. He was thinking, but what he wanted to say was hard to convey. "Just because I can see you doesn't mean you know which one I am. Here, I'll write a testimony within the next few days, and I'll...I don't know. I would say I'll leave it here, but it seems like it might get stolen. Maybe you should come pick it up, but then you'd know who I was, so that won't work..." He fell silent again, then sighed. "Ah well, unless you have a better idea, I suppose I'll write the Testimony and leave it out here in a few days. Shouldn't be too much trouble for you to pick it up, after all, you seem to be the fastest thing alive." He finished, then nodded to himself. "Mr. Victory, please don't attempt to find out who I am, alright? I figure it won't be hard for someone like you, but I'd prefer if you would not." he said, then explained his reasoning. "I don't want them to find me, which means the fewer people know who I am and who I pretend to be." He muttered, then stood up finally, uncurling himself from the ruins of the box and standing to his full height.

Victory nods, as he logs this location, and a note to return here tomorrow. "Very well. make sure it's hidden well, though. I'll be able to find it, don't worry." Watching as Powerhouse drops the debris, he knows the frustration that can develop when you end up smashing things without meaning to. It actually gets him quite angry.

Victory smiles, and shakes his head. "I wouldn't worry about that. There's a sort of code between the supers. There's an unwritten agreement among them all not to try and reveal one another's identity."

Nodding happily, Powerhouse slowly stretched, his arms moving backwards as he yawned, and began to walk towards the door, a thoughtful look on his face. "Good that the rule is there then, it would be annoying. You'd have an unfair advantage." he said as a joke, working his way to the door and crouching. "Thanks again Mr. Victory, for protecting me from those two, but I have to ask that Yellow Forest be left behind. I know it's a curious subject, and you probably want to get more information about it, but there's a problem, you see. If you learn too much about Yellow Forest, then my Secret Identity will become evident. It's a rule for Superheros not to search for others identities, right? I suppose I trust you enough to not go blabbing to everyone on the street, but it is an unwritten rule. I do trust you to do whatever is right Mr Victory, but I can honestly say I don't really know what Right is in this situation as it is" He explained, before leaping off- it was not a conversation he really wanted to continue- into the sky, thinking about what he should put on the statement.

Victory had some more bits that he had to tell Powerhouse, but he had already leapt off. Sighing, he shakes his head. He speaks out loud, but to no one in particular, as he rockets off back into the sky.

"Poor kid. I couldn't tell him that I can't stop AEGIS as a whole from looking into this..."

As he flies, Victory makes sure the spot they agreed on was logged, and hopes that something worse doesn't end up coming of this. Whatever this group is, anyone who's training supervillains is something worth stopping.

-A day later-

Around noon, Powerhouse, in his hero disguise, his bag slung over his shoulder, jumped to the roof of the warehouse he had been in the day before- when he had spoken with Mr. Victory-, and entered the Warehouse. It was much the same as he had remembered it, and he looked at the box he had destroyed the day before with a grin. opening his old brown bag, he pulled out a manila folder and grabbed a handful of the planks. Throwing them into the air, he placed the folder on the ground and let them fall back on top of the folder in a haphazard position that gave enough of a hiding spot to prevent it peeking out and made it look like someone hadn't been attempting to hide something- which meant it would be obvious something was here-, and nodded happily. With this, he turned around and left the building, leaping back into the air- he still had work to do-, and knowing that Mr. Victory would end up getting it soon.

Inside the folder was a write up on what happened yesterday, in very direct and simple terms, and avoided mentioning any history between Denton, Dallas, and himself.

Not that Powerhouse had to wait long before the message's intended recipient would get it. He had been out on patrol for some time already. And at his altitude, he could see down over the entire city. Even right where Powerhouse was putting the message. High up, he watches with a smirk as Powerhouse works on hiding it and being all secretive. And once he was gone, Victory casually rockets down and picks up the info. He'll make sure the right people see this...