Too Many Questions, Too Few Answers...(OOC)

Quinn

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Handy cheat-sheet for Kyri

18 -- Zombie Group 4 (5 Unharmed)

16 -- Ironclad -- uninjured, 4 HP

16 -- Zombie Group 2 (5 Unharmed)

14 -- Zombie Group 5 (5 Unharmed)

13 -- Dragonfly -- uninjured, 3 HP

9 -- Cobalt Templar -- uninjured, 3 HP

9 -- Dead Head -- uninjured, 2 HP

9 -- Mutt -- uninjured, 0 HP (minion, uses DH's HPs)

2 -- Zombie Group 1 (5 Unharmed)

2 -- Zombie Group 3 (5 Unharmed)

Still need inits for Push, Lead Cultist, and any other baddies.

Maneuvers FTW! Full Power Attack, full All Out Attack on the High Cultist. Damage goes up to +14, Att stays the same, Def drops to +0.

1d20+7=16

Ehn, I'm gonna reroll that. Don't like a number that low for such a powerful alpha strike.

Reroll!

1d20+7=12

-.- Well, at least I get to add 10 to that. So, Att of 22, Toughness DC of 29, and minus 1 HP.

Handy cheat-sheet for Kyri, v2!

20 -- High Cultist -- uninjured

18 -- Zombie Group 4 (5 Unharmed)

16 -- Ironclad -- uninjured, 3 HP now

16 -- Zombie Group 2 (5 Unharmed)

14 -- Zombie Group 5 (5 Unharmed)

13 -- Dragonfly -- uninjured, 3 HP

13 -- Push -- uninjured, 4 HP

9 -- Surprise

9 -- Surprise

7 -- Surprise

2 -- Surprise

Priest takes a Total Defense action (+4 Defense modifer this turn) while doing...whatever he's doing, zombie group 1 attacks.

1d20+1=14, 1d20+1=4, 1d20+1=4, 1d20+1=14, 1d20+1=2 Four swings on Dead Head, each one a miss.

Actually, due to Dead Head charging (-2 Defense) and his use of All-Out Attack (-2 Defense), his Defense is 11, so two of them do hit!

But his Impervious will protect him from their zombie fists.

Power stunt time! Mwahahahahaha.

Dragonfly has a burning need...for justice.

Spending an HP to get the following off the spacial array on her gauntlets:

Damage 7 (beamspam; Extras: Area [Cone, Targeted], Feats: Precise, Selective) [14/14pp]

Free action: Bring up her Force Field and prime her Shield. I really should have done this before combat started.

Move action: Teleport up to, say, 50ft from the zombies. That area attack is a cone whose far end is 70ft wide and 35ft tall; her goal is to fit as many zombies and/or cultists as possible into it, especially the groups mobbing on Dead Head (he may be a walking corpse, but he's a tactically important ally!). Selective will keep him safe, Precise keeps her from eating a penalty on the attack. I have no idea if non-zombie, non-cultist enemies fit in that area...that's up to how you have the fight laid out, I guess!

Standard action:

Ranged Attack Roll vs. Targets in Area (Targeted Area Blast [cone], Master Plan) (1d20 + 8 + 3=20)

That'll do. Yes, I could have made it a general area attack, but it wouldn't make sense for the effect she's pulling off. Danged fluff.....

That's a DC22 Toughness save vs. damage for any baddie caught in the area with +10 defense or less.

....feh, you're right. Thank you. This is why I shouldn't try to build stunts when I'm tired. I also got the pp total at the end of the line wrong (though, Selective aside, it was still valid), because math is the longtime enemy of a tired brain.

Rebuilding it as a retcon:

Damage 7 (beamspam; Extras: Area [Cone, Targeted], Selective Attack, Flaws: Distracting, Feats: Precise) [15/16pp]

Same effect. I could have just taken off the Selective from above, but sadly Dragonfly wouldn't. For my lack of attention, she'll be without her (substantial) dodge bonus until her next turn. That'll teach me to watch my feats, extras, and math a little better!

Handy cheat-sheet for Kyri, v3!

20 -- High Cultist -- uninjured

16 -- Ironclad -- uninjured, 3 HP now

13 -- Dragonfly -- uninjured, 2 HP

13 -- Push -- uninjured, 4 HP

9 -- Surprise (Flesh Golem?)

9 -- Surprise (Flesh Golem?)

7 -- Surprise (Flesh Golem?)

2 -- Surprise (Flesh Golem?)

Dead Head's turn!

First off, those scared cultists. Per this post by Kenson, Fearsome Presence is treated as a Sustained (Lasting) effect, so the cultists get a new Will save (DC 20), with a +1 bonus, one minute/ten rounds from when it was used (so nine rounds from now). That'll probably never get here, but I'm throwing it out for sake of completeness.

Dead Head will charge for the Head Cultist (and probably get interposed by a Flesh Golem).

Standard Action: Charge, All Out Attack, Power Attack. Since the interposing flesh golem's initiative has not come up yet, it should still be flat-footed.

Attack with shovel; charging (+2 attack, -2 Defense); All-Out Attack (-2 defense, +2 attack), Power Attack (-2 attack, +2 damage). DC 25 Toughness save if he hits, 27 if his Sneak Attack factors in (1d20+12=13) :oops:

Spending an HP to re-roll that.

Attack with shovel; charging (+2 attack, -2 Defense); All-Out Attack (-2 defense, +2 attack), Power Attack (-2 attack, +2 damage). DC 25 Toughness save if he hits, 27 if his Sneak Attack factors in; HP re-roll (add 10 if die roll is 10 or less) (1d20+12=22) die roll is 10, add 10 to get 32.

Mutt will do the same.

Standard Action: Charge, All Out Attack, Power Attack. Since the interposing flesh golem's initiative has not come up yet, it should still be flat-footed.

Attack with Mighty Jaws of Doom; charging (+2 attack, -2 Defense); All-Out Attack (-2 defense, +2 attack), Power Attack (-2 attack, +2 damage). DC 21 Toughness save if he hits, 23 if his Sneak Attack factors in (1d20+8=22)

DH has 1 HP now.

Ok, so Dead Head's attacking the Head Cultist, Flesh Golem interposes, and the Mutt attacks the Flesh Golem that jumped in between?

If that's the case:

Both strikes hit the interposing third! Golem, no sneak attack bonus (since they are willingly leaping into the way, you aren't sneakily attacking them), so:

1d20+10=26 against Dead Head's attack, he takes the hit but no damage.

1d20+10=30 lets him completely stonewall the attack from the Mutt!

Sorry, mate, no damage done here. Good try, though ;)

Actually, I'd meant that DH and Mutt attack in the Head Cultist from two different angles, so two different Flesh Golems interpose.

And there's nothing in Interpose that says it makes the interposing person immune to damage from Sneak Attack. But GM Fiat could be used to make that the case.

EDIT: Forgot to add in the +3 bonus from Dragonfly's Master Plan, but DH & Mutt hit anyway, so no difference.