Too Many Questions, Too Few Answers...(OOC)

Quinn

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taking 20 on the Notice check to spot Push and Corbin, because I'm a cheaty cheater who cheats. That's a 25, and her mental quickness takes it way down into free-action range for time.

I'm assuming 25 is enough to spot them. If not, correct me and I'll edit my post.

EDIT:

(20:44:34) Kyriotsu: (whispers) S'ok. And incidentally,y ou might want to edit this in. Infravision spots a BIG heat source on the interior of the building. Except it's half sunken, and surrounded by tinier heat sources, and some blobs that look like humans. Two of them are carrying something that is cold, and fling it into the flames.

(20:44:46) Kyriotsu: (whispers) That hadn't occurred to me, but I might as well tip someone off.

(20:44:56) Kyriotsu: (whispers) Half-sunken as in half in the ground.

(20:45:01) Kyriotsu: (whispers) Like a fire-pit.

Would Dead Head have time to Take 20 on a Notice check (which would take him one minute)? If so, he gets... 20.

EDIT:

(23:47:36) Kyriotsu: Yeah, he's got time. The ritual is running on GM time, which means...it starts X rounds after the fighting starts ;)

(23:56:13) Kyriotsu: he can make out what looks like a large fire pit, two silhouettes throwing what looks like a sack into the fire pit, a man-shaped silhouette standing on what looks like a podium, and a big blob of silhouettes near the fire.

Dragonfly begins using Master Plan, based on her observations, what warehouse layout can be seen, and what infrared shows her. Doing the roll now just to get it out of the way:

Master Plan roll (1d20 + 6=26)

Yeesssssss. Sweet. Obviously, of course, this roll is only valid if she ends up having the time to finish her planning, and (if other people want to benefit) share with the class.

EDIT:

(12:48:05) Kyriotsu: (whispers) Call it 10-20 minutes, depending on the detail. But be careful, the longer you guys take, the sooner what is going to happen in there is going to happen :wink:

No harm done, obviously, if the plot or another character wants to move things along faster than that. She's just doing what Dragonfly does. Not like her Master Plans haven't been interrupted before. :D

EDIT EDIT:

(12:50:17) Kyriotsu: (whispers) And can you make a Notice Roll, DC...30.

She can auto-20 her notice checks, but that gets her, at best, a 25. So she fails that one.

Ok, I'm kinda sad I had to resort to this so soon, but the dog was completely out of the calculations. He can't smell anything over the smoke and the waterfront smells. As a matter of fact, he's kinda sad he has to smell all that crapola in the air. :D

Take a Hero Point, Doc, that's a GM Fiat.

Hail hail, the gang's all here! Alright, wait a coupla posts, Fox, then consider the Master Plan ready.

I'd like to see KnightDisciple and Ironclad post once more each, if possible.

Either way, whoever goes into the warehouse first, let me know. Things iz about to get hairy!

Yeeaah.....

Mutt

Free Action: Talk to DH. Yes, he can talk; not well (Int 6), but he does not have the Mute drawback.

Move Action: Move 100 feet into warehouse, hovering above the fire pit

Free Action: Drop total Concealment, so he can be heard and smelled; make fangs and glowing eyes o' doom visible, the rest hazy

Standard Action: Howl, i.e., use Fearsome Presence.

Everyone within 50 feet of Mutt (who does not have Fearless) must make a Will save, DC 20.

Fail, you are Shaken (-2 on attack, saving throws, and skill checks).

Fail by 5+, you flee.

Fail by 10+, the panic (dropping any held items) and flee; if unable to flee, they cower, dazed (able to take no actions, but not flat-footed)

Minions who fail, even by 1, suffer the worst result (panicked and flee or cower)

And once I know how that goes, I'll post Dead Head's actions.

EDIT: 50 ft., not 100.

(23:52:56) Kyriotsu: (whispers) Fear saves. >.

So 16 of the 20 are panicked and fleeing (or panicked and cowering/dazed).

Dead Head

Standard Action: Charge (per our House Rules) the first non-shaken, non-panicked, non-fleeing baddie he can. Using the free "starter" versions of All-Out Attack (-2 Defense, +2 Attack) and Power Attack (-2 Attack, +2 Damage) all chars get. Since this is a surprise round, target should be flat-footed, and thus vulnerable to Sneak Attack damage.

Attack with shovel; charging (+2 attack, -2 Defense); All-Out Attack (-2 defense, +2 attack), Power Attack (-2 attack, +2 damage). DC 25 Toughness save if he hits, 27 if his Sneak Attack factors in (1d20+12=30)

Move Action: Move on to next non-shaken, non-panicked person.

Free Action: Extra Effort to surge, gaining another standard action. He's down to 1 HP now.

Standard Action: Kabong!

Attack with shovel; All-Out Attack (-2 defense, +2 attack), Power Attack (-2 attack, +2 damage). DC 25 Toughness save if he hits, 27 if his Sneak Attack factors in (1d20+10=20)

Unless anyone else gets a surprise round in, now we'd roll initiative.

Initiative for Dead Head and Mutt (1d20+2=9)

Gentlemen, I give you another 25 zombie minions to play with. That's a fiat, so everyone gets a Hero Point.

Dang Dead Head, beating all of my lovely cultists...>.>

If anyone has Knowledge (Arcane), roll it now if you please, along with initiative.

Zombies roll initiative, groups of 5. Each group attacks together on a single enemy. Group 1: 1d20-1=2, Group 2: 1d20-1=16, Group 3: 1d20-1=2, Group 4: 1d20-1=18, Group 5: 1d20-1=14