On the Flipside (IC)

The man's face was a pale white as he nodded, slowly- overly so- pulling his phone out of his front pocket, trying desperately to avoid annoying the nightmare that just stepped into his view. His fingers trembled as he dialed the buttons, then rolled over on his side, away from the demon, whispering into the phone feverishly, his voice cracking several times, but, perhaps, too quietly for the 2D woman to hear.

The stack of cash Silhouette thumbed through were all hundred dollar bills, 5 bricks of ten-thousand dollars, all counted and real. It bore no marks other then the fact it was obviously new, just recently pulled from a bank or similar, apparently.

She flipped through and averaged that it was a good bit as she kneeled down and looked at the man holding it out to him,

"Here, stay for the cops, but then disappear for a little while. The police can probably help with that, though I'd keep this hidden, no need for it to be rotting in an evidence locker in this bad economy."

Looking over at the truck for a second,

"Be sure to keep that truck in good condition for the cops to collect on, it wouldn't be very healthy for you if hit and runner makes bail."

Walking away from him she only stopped halfway,

"Do try not do do anything stupid like run away, because I will find you."

With that she started to sprint to the gate to see how Powerhouse was doing.

The man grabbed the money through his fear, recoiling after grabbing it and looking cautiously to make sure the strange creature wasn't going to attack him, then started to crawl away again, around a corner in fear, though he kept his cool enough that he didn't scream like a girl.

As Silhouette rushed towards the gate, however, things slowly got worse. As she got to it, she saw the man in the suit from before, talking on a cellphone as he walked towards a bright red Sports-car. The rushing Hero, however, caused him to change his posture greatly, as he spoke on the Phone a bit more, going from bending over the car to standing straight up, cracking his neck and knuckles. "Yeah Boss. I have it taken care of. There's just two more loose ends I need to take care of before I come back, alright? No, I didn't get the Briefcase. Yes sir, I understand I needed to, but you trust me, don't you? I promise if there was a way for me to get the briefcase, I would have." He finished, then slowly turned to the masked hero. "Yes sir, Have a good night." He finished, closing the phone and crushing it in his bare hand, he unbuttoned his jacket and folded it up, carefully placing it on the ground, then undid the top three buttons of his shirt and pulled up his sleeves, grinning. "Alright, I know both of you are here, so let's go then." he said, as his partner got out of the car, joining him in standing next in front of the car. While the first man put up his fists in a classical boxing Stance, the second got down low to the ground, like a wrestler, curling and uncurling his fingers cautiously.

The Boxer launched A vicious uppercut at Silhouette as soon as his friend got out of the car, but it flew slightly wide, the wind from the punch blowing air around the man as he grinned at the punch, taunting the 2D hero to attack him, leaving himself completely open.

Having been standing around outside for some time, Powerhouse slowly grew bored, and had spent his time counting the cars that drove by out of boredom. It was about the time he was at 50 that he heard someone else walk up to the car and talk on the phone. He wasn't really paying attention- his job was to stop the car-, but when the man started talking to someone else, who obviously had to be Sil, He decided it was his time to intervene, and he jumped on top of the car. "Okay, no Throwing stuff, but I can do this!" He said, jumping off the sports-car and landing a solid right hook onto the wrestler, sending him sprawling to the ground and bouncing twice, before he hit the ground, unconscious, but breathing. He blinked. "Crap. Uh...Silhouette, I think I just I just used Excessive Force." He said, rubbing his fist- it felt like he punched a wall-, and shrugging. "Right, uh, You can have the next one." he said to the masked girl, turning around to look at him.

She raised an eyebrow at the phone call, and can at her like a wild boar. It didn't take more than a side step to avoid him and with her flattened foot she gave him a solid kick to the stomach. Taking a quick step back she glanced over at Powerhouse,

"We're not cops, unless they're dead or permenantly crippled it's not excessive."

She glanced over at the boxer,

"Though he's sort of asking for it honestly, seriously is a suitecase really worth attempted murder."

With a grin, the boxer takes the kick by meeting it head on, as if he didn't even feel it, and pulls back his right Hand. With a heavy hand powered by a heavy frame, the massive fist comes down on Silhouette, a powerful blow stronger almost as strong as Powerhouse, his fist a blur of white as it came down at the 2D hero, a sick grin on his face. "Now you're dead!" He said with a laugh.

It did push her back a little bit but she looked up at him and it hurt, but she braced for the punch and it didn't leave anything that wouldn't disappear after a few days. Looking back up at him, she whipped around and got him across the face with her flattened hand. She backed away and mimiked his pose,

"Want to go ringside style for this? Bring it, I've taken harder hits from teenage movie nerds."

The Strike from her hand was enough to cause his eyes to cross, and he fell back, dropping out of his stance to nurse his stinging cheek. "agh, that really hurt! Ow Ow Ow." He muttered, too distracted to attempt to make an attack, and too distracted to put up a defense against any oncoming attack- apparently he had a glass face-, instead rubbing his red cheek and whining in pain.

"Course it hurts, it's a fight and I'm in pretty dang good shape running all over town looking for you guys."

Him beind down didn't stop her any from moving forward and giving him a good punch in to the gut. Hopefully she would not lose face losing to this guy. He was a lot tougher then what she usually took on.

The blow to the man's gut was enough to make him go cross-eyed again, then he groaned, falling on the ground with a low, drawn out moan, curling around his stomach as he fell to the ground in a ball, either unconscious or in too much pain to effectively move, his eyes rolling into the back of his head as he fell to his knees, then to the ground. He did mange to talk a little more then "Gaaah,seriously? thirty years of boxing and the Boss paying for all those enhancements, and I lost to some Drawing come to life, ridiculous. All because of that breifcaaaaaaase" he finished, as both heroes could hear the sound of sirens in the distance, the cops coming to see what was going on, presumably, called by the Junkyard man.

Glancing at him she let out a half snort,

"Never heard that one before."

Though she was sure there was someone who fit that description, or maybe it was some cartoons brought to life. It wasn't too much of a bother to her as she kneeled down and bound the guys arms and legs with zip strips. Even if she managed to beat him, he was a pretty dang good fighter and it would be troublesome if he came too before the cops got here. Glancing over at Powerhouse she tossed him a pair,

"Tie up the other dude, then we should get going. We've got a breifcase to pick up."

Not to mention her purse, hopefully no one has stolen it from it's hiding place.

Fumbling with them in midair- he had trouble catching things, he wasn't that dexterous- for a few seconds before his fingers latched onto them. Grabbing the KO'd man, Powerhouse quickly went to work binding the man's arms and legs with the strips, being careful not to break those- sure they probably wouldn't, but better safe then sorry- then he tossed the man he had tied up on the sports car with a single hand and nodded as the man crashed onto it. "Should make it obvious which car they were trying to escape in." He explained, before turning to where the sirens were coming from. He was quiet for a little bit, but then his face grew panicked, and he gestured to her franticlly, leaning over. "Get on, quickly, we need to go." he said, really not wanting to be caught on video or asked questions.

Walking over not really looking to much into his haste she got into his arms,

"Right, to the rooftops."

It was just as many leaps as before to when Sil directed him to the very same roof top that overlooked the accident. Though by the time they got back there it seemed someone had managed to call a tow truck that seemed to be loading up the nice red car. The ambulence was there too as well as a single cop car who was probably watching the scene. Not that they had to worry about them since they were hardly noticed from the tall perch as they landed and Sil hopped down and started to look around for the suitecase.

As Powerhouse landed on the roof- glad to have escaped the cops in case they wanted his statement-, he let Silhouette off and looked over the edge of the roof. Seeing the people below, he nodded happily that they were doing what was necessary, and he stepped away from the roof before he could be seen. Curling his legs under him, he dropped to a sitting position and waited patiently for Silhouette to tell him what to do next, as he always did when with another hero. Someone with experience was a good teacher, so he was perfectly happy being reactionary instead of forced to figure out his own things. As such, he began counting off on his fingers, nothing in particular, just counting in an almost wordless mumble.

It didn't take long to find the brief case, bring it over to Powerhouse she kneeled in front of it as she pulled out a set of bent paperclips and bobby pins that began to pick the lock. It was a minute or two but it clicked open with a nice ring as she put her tools away. Taking a second to actually look at Powerhouse she snapped her fingers to get his attention,

"Let's see what all the fuss is about."

Opening the briefcase she saw at first just papers. It looked like boring factsheets and account balances. Sitting there she started to read through it more carefully and her eyebrows started to raise as she read through some of the names listed for the transaction. Not that it could be seen through her mask.

"Well, this isn't good, we need to hand these over to the police."

Coming out of his reverie as Silhouette snapped at him, he watched as she flipped through the papers and grabbed one of his own. He couldn't really understand it, but he knew it had to be bad, considering the trouble those two went through to get rid of the people who had stolen it. putting it down, he shook his head at the mention of Police. "No, I can't go to the Cops, I don't...I can't show who I am. It's bad if people see me, or I'm too well known. It's bad, you see?" He explained, his fingers moving around randomly as he tried to explain. Uhh, I suppose you could go to the cops, but you can't tell them about me. It's bad." He repeated, emphasizing that point.

This time a singular eyebrow was raised at this explanation,

"You're certianly in the wrong line of business if you don't want people to see you."

Picking up the papers and stacking them neatly she pulled out some of the few intact paper clips from her pocket and pushed one in on each edge so it was nice and secure before putting them safely under her shoulder,

"Doesn't matter terribly, it wasn't like I was going to give them right now anyway. I'll head on over to a print shop, get a couple of copies made and drop some off at as many police stations I can afford to visit. Now, can you give me a lift down next to the coffee shop over there, it would be an awful long walk if I had to take the stairs."

Sighing, Powerhouse stood up slowly, pushing himself up to his full height and stretching. "When you have power, you have to use it to help people, no matter what your fears are. I fear being seen for certain reasons, but I'm going to be a hero." He said with a grin, as he lowered himself down and looked at the Shop. Nodding, he kicked open his panel again and pulled his cell-phone out of his bag, flipping it open. "A lift sounds easy to do. Uhh, if you ever need help with something, I think it's right for Superheroes to team up, right? So I can give you my number, that way if, for some reason, you need help, you can call me. If you want to. You don't have to." he explained, holding the phone out with it open to his own number in the address book. "So yeah, I can get you to the shop now." He said, crouching on the ground again.

She smiled at him before saying very quickly,

"That's absolute bull, if you have power you don't have to do anything with it, your power, your choice. But you choose to be a hero with your power, which is good because honestly I could not of taken you if you went to the other side of the fence."

She pulled out a piece of paper from her pocket and handed it too him as she grabbed the phone and punched in the number of a payphone by her appartment building.

"Put in a number you can contact me some of the time."

Handing it back to him she walked over and grabbed onto his shoulders ready for the leap.

writing his number down in simple, plain letters, Powerhouse gave the sheet back with his cell phone- the only thing he reliably carried- written on it. "Well, I was raised to use my powers for a company, so of course I decided to use them for others. I couldn't stand being a Villain, honestly. It seems so strange to put your personal needs above everyone else. I mean, sure, I understand roof over your head and food on the table, but to steal because you can or something, that makes no sense." He explained, as the other Hero got on and he leaped from the roof. Enjoying the sensation of jumping, but knowing it would end to soon, he still smiled when he hit the pavement to let Silhouette off. "That was a fun night. Getting to save people from a Car Crash, stopping thugs, it was my first real taste of being a Superhero." He explained, smiling. "I had tons of fun."

Sliding off with her papers under her arm she looked at him,

"Your giving an awful lot of information out about yourself for someone who doesn't want to be found. Won't tell anybody myself, but you might want to keep a tight lid on that little piece of information about the company. Honestly most people don't question where people get there powers nowadays because of the vast increase of metahumans. So if you keep your mouth shut, no one will think twice about a super strong guy saving the day."

Stretching a little bit she counted the papers and sighed a little bit since this was going to take some money but smiled invisibly through her mask at him at the last statement,

"Welcome to Freedom City, where the bad guys are just stupid enough to keep coming back up after we knock em down. There will never be a shortage of people needed help, that's for sure so I'm sure you'll have a lovely stay."

With that she gave him a wave and turned flat. Walking against the wall she snuck back into the coffee shop and to the bathroom to retrieve her things before changing. As she walked out of the stall papers in hand she let out another sigh as she glanced at her watch. The print shop down the road should still be open, and it shouldn't take long to get the copies down. However after that she had a good few hours ahead of her just delivering them. Ohh well, it was just another night in Freedom City.

Nodding, Powerhouse cracked his back as he listened to her, scratching his cheek"I thought Superheroes always gave out their information to each other. That way when we have massive team-ups, no one shows up 2 hours late to the party." he said as a joke, ignoring her comment on the powers- the massive amount of metahumans was exactly the reason he was here, so in some ways, it was the very reason he was standing here that night-, and waving, he leaped into the air again and through the night sky, intent on finding more crimes to thwart or something similar. He was happy that tonight had turned out alright, meeting someone new and saving the day, so his patrol now was mostly so he could enjoy the fact he did something good. It was like that that Powerhouse leaped through the sky with a grin on his face, a red and white blur as he hopped through the air, to the ground, and to the sky again.