Question: NPC Creation

MBCE

Is it possible for us to make NPCs to submit to the board for use? I would assume these NPCs are average people that can be interacted with by the various players,

In part, I'm interested since I wanted my villian to get in on the Mob scene before turning to a large role in the city. Would help if there were some interesting people to run into along the way.

Is it possible for us to make NPCs to submit to the board for use? I would assume these NPCs are average people that can be interacted with by the various players,

In part, I'm interested since I wanted my villian to get in on the Mob scene before turning to a large role in the city. Would help if there were some interesting people to run into along the way.

It is both allowed and encouraged. If possible, it's better to keep the NPCs as relatively minor (not even PL 6), since there are already a goodly number of higher PL PCs and NPCs in the Freedom City book, and it's impossible for us to use all of them. Still, having a few surprises along the way isn't a bad thing either. Part of the fun of being a referee is being able to surprise the players with something unexpected, and since many of you also have Freedom City, we need to make new NPCs that you don't know.

It is both allowed and encouraged. If possible, it's better to keep the NPCs as relatively minor (not even PL 6), since there are already a goodly number of higher PL PCs and NPCs in the Freedom City book, and it's impossible for us to use all of them. Still, having a few surprises along the way isn't a bad thing either. Part of the fun of being a referee is being able to surprise the players with something unexpected, and since many of you also have Freedom City, we need to make new NPCs that you don't know.

That is a good way to do it. Two other things that I try to do for NPCs (that I don't worry about on PCs):

1) List how they'd be used. It can be a sentence for smaller PCs, like store salesmen or reporters, or a short paragraph for the minor heroes and villains.

2) List what can be learned about them with Gather Information checks of 10, 15, 20, and 25. That helps when PCs want to know how much they know about the NPCs.

That is a good way to do it. Two other things that I try to do for NPCs (that I don't worry about on PCs):

1) List how they'd be used. It can be a sentence for smaller PCs, like store salesmen or reporters, or a short paragraph for the minor heroes and villains.

2) List what can be learned about them with Gather Information checks of 10, 15, 20, and 25. That helps when PCs want to know how much they know about the NPCs.