Crime Syndicate

Warmonger

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all the people looking to join the Crime Syndicate, you might run into trouble from the Crime League. I'm suddenly picturing a villain on villain melee - Dr. Stratos vs. Maelstrom, Collateral vs. Black Star, Dorian vs. Dr. Simian, Satori vs. Orion the Hunter...

I like this. Really. We'll see if it could work out that way.

Hmmm, the established villians verus the newcomers. Interesting angle. But only works if the Refs are willing to put time into it I think.

I mean, is there any real reason why there are any of the heros or villians from the Freedom City books in this world of ours? Would be nice to see one or two of them pop up in the news at least from time to time to remind everyone that they are around.

With all the people looking to join the Crime Syndicate, you might run into trouble from the Crime League. I'm suddenly picturing a villain on villain melee - Dr. Stratos vs. Maelstrom, Collateral vs. Black Star, Dorian vs. Dr. Simian, Satori vs. Orion the Hunter...

Hmmm, the established villians verus the newcomers. Interesting angle. But only works if the Refs are willing to put time into it I think.

I mean, is there any real reason why there are any of the heros or villians from the Freedom City books in this world of ours? Would be nice to see one or two of them pop up in the news at least from time to time to remind everyone that they are around.

The difficulty there is that there's currently a very high player to referee ratio. We only have limited bandwidth, so whenever possible, we try to have hero PCs going up against villain PCs, since that gets the most players involved. As you said, we'd have to put time into it, so it wouldn't be happening right away. The Crime Syndicate would have to establish itself anyway.

On that note, if you're a villain and you've started a thread which no PC heroes have responded to, please post in my "Looking for a storyline? (Redux)" thread. I'll see if I can bring in an NPC hero that makes sense within the context, though I can't promise that I'll respond quickly. I've already got a number of threads that I'm helping to run.

The difficulty there is that there's currently a very high player to referee ratio. We only have limited bandwidth, so whenever possible, we try to have hero PCs going up against villain PCs, since that gets the most players involved. As you said, we'd have to put time into it, so it wouldn't be happening right away. The Crime Syndicate would have to establish itself anyway.

On that note, if you're a villain and you've started a thread which no PC heroes have responded to, please post in my "Looking for a storyline? (Redux)" thread. I'll see if I can bring in an NPC hero that makes sense within the context, though I can't promise that I'll respond quickly. I've already got a number of threads that I'm helping to run.

I understand teh pressure the refs have to keep things running. What I would like to see is actually a line or two in the News forum about a hero once in a while. "Captain X has again saved the lives of the people in New York."

No need to have them actually in Freedom city to ruin the well thought out plans of the Crime Syndicate. :clap:

I know the feeling, though I wasn't yet looking for a hero to deal with, more likely just the various NPCs in the area. I'll be putting up some stuff towards that end soon. Of course I hope the NPC information in the Freedom City sourcebook hasn'T changed much from 1st ed to 2nd ed. :)

I understand teh pressure the refs have to keep things running. What I would like to see is actually a line or two in the News forum about a hero once in a while. "Captain X has again saved the lives of the people in New York."

No need to have them actually in Freedom city to ruin the well thought out plans of the Crime Syndicate. :clap:

I know the feeling, though I wasn't yet looking for a hero to deal with, more likely just the various NPCs in the area. I'll be putting up some stuff towards that end soon. Of course I hope the NPC information in the Freedom City sourcebook hasn'T changed much from 1st ed to 2nd ed. :)

The difficulty there is that there's currently a very high player to referee ratio. We only have limited bandwidth, so whenever possible, we try to have hero PCs going up against villain PCs, since that gets the most players involved.

Which makes me worry a tad.

The problem here is that Satori, by conception, goes for the kill shot -- and will look durn ineffectual and be no fun if he never actually succeeds. But if my primary opposition is other PCs, rather than NPCs as I originally thought, there are obvious difficulties.

I may have to reconsider playing this character /at all/. Nertz.

The difficulty there is that there's currently a very high player to referee ratio. We only have limited bandwidth, so whenever possible, we try to have hero PCs going up against villain PCs, since that gets the most players involved.

The problem here is that Satori, by conception, goes for the kill shot -- and will look durn ineffectual and be no fun if he never actually succeeds. But if my primary opposition is other PCs, rather than NPCs as I originally thought, there are obvious difficulties.

I don't know about that. Looks like we have a lot of freedom on the board to create NPCs. Why not make a bunch of NPC heroes that you can kill with impunity? Of course, there is the whole idea of taking that one step to kill places the villian in a world of trouble, both from heroes and other villians alike.

I once read somewhere the thinking of villians and heroes. There is an unspoken rule in comics that villians don't kill which in turn ensures that the heroes don't kill them. It made really good sense to me and is something you may wish to consider in playing Satori. The heroes may turn around and start trying to kill him and that in turn would make things more difficult for other villians to succeed at their plans. Cross the wrong villian and he'll start coming for you himself.

Just something to keep in mind.

I don't know about that. Looks like we have a lot of freedom on the board to create NPCs. Why not make a bunch of NPC heroes that you can kill with impunity? Of course, there is the whole idea of taking that one step to kill places the villian in a world of trouble, both from heroes and other villians alike.

I once read somewhere the thinking of villians and heroes. There is an unspoken rule in comics that villians don't kill which in turn ensures that the heroes don't kill them. It made really good sense to me and is something you may wish to consider in playing Satori. The heroes may turn around and start trying to kill him and that in turn would make things more difficult for other villians to succeed at their plans. Cross the wrong villian and he'll start coming for you himself.