Weather Controller Effects

Sandman XI

How would I do a tornado or an earthquake or a lightning storm or a hurricane or a sand storm or a big sinkhole? Would immunity to weather effects protect me from said events when I summon it? Would Weather effects be a 5pp or 10pp immunity?

I'd advise reading the house rules thread for that latter one

I'd probably stat most of these as Area Blasts, maybe with Indirect on them. Tornadoes and earthquakes might do well be linked to Trip.

As for the effects it really depends what you want them to do.

Tornado for the classic comics tornado that just tosses people around but doesn't hit them with 200mph debris a ranged burst trip with knockback is the way to go. Link to damage to add in the debris if you want.

Earthquake is an AOE trip effect limitied to "must be standing on ground" at extreme severities you might add in an objects only structures only effects objects damage effect.

Lightning storm is pretty much an indirect 2 blast power. Maybe an aoe blast if you want it to have many strikes at once. Hurricane or sandstorm pretty much is best done with enviromental control for distracting, visibility, difficult movement etc. Sinkhole really depends what you're trying to do with it.

Earthquakes and sinkholes are not weather effects.

A weather control array I made up at some point.

Array 21 (Weather Control; PFs: Alternate Power 6) [48]

BE: Damage 12 (Lightningbolt; Extras: Range: Ranged, Autofire; Power Feats: Indirect 2, Split Attack 4)

AP: Damage 10 (Lightningstorm; Extras: Range: Ranged, Area: Burst(General), Selective; Power Feats: Indirect 2)

AP: Dazzle 10 (Thunderbolt; Visual and Auditory; Extras: Area: Burst(General); Power Feats: Indirect 2)

AP: Enviromental Control 17 (Mix-Match 3pp worth of effect; Cold, Hamper Movement, Heat, Distraction, Visibilty; Extras: Independant ; Flaws: Range: Touch, Action: Full Round; Power Feats: Reversible, Slow Fade 6)

AP: Obscure 13 (Fog Bank; Visual; Extras: Independant; Power Feats: Reversible, Slow Fade 2)

AP: Trip 10 (Gale; Extras: Area: Cone(general), Knockback, Secondary Effect; Power Feats: Improved Trip)

AP: Trip 10 (Tornado; Extras: Area: Burst(General), Knockback, Secondary Effect; Power Feats: Improved Trip)