Question: Probability Control

MBCE

Just wanted to check about splitting the power control ability over multiple rolls in a round. Is it possible?

Also, should I declare the use of the power before rolling or can I do it after the roll? Just want to be clear before a situation comes up.

Just wanted to check about splitting the power control ability over multiple rolls in a round. Is it possible?

Also, should I declare the use of the power before rolling or can I do it after the roll? Just want to be clear before a situation comes up.

When I have GMed other games with a character who had Probability Control (only two games), I used the "Split Attack" option. We created a feat called "Split Probability" that worked just like Split Attack for Probability Control. Each rank of "Split Probability" allows you an additional die to split your PC over.

Example: LuckDude has Probability Control 14 [Power Feats: Split Probability 3].

In a single round he can make one roll a minimum roll of 14. Or he could divide that up over two rolls (e.g. 10 and 4). Or he could divide that up over three rolls (5, 5, and 4). Or he could divide it up over 4 rolls (3, 3, 3, and 5).

That's just my thought; the Refs would need to discuss this to reach a consensus. I'll pose it to them and report back to you, hopefully soon.

When I have GMed other games with a character who had Probability Control (only two games), I used the "Split Attack" option. We created a feat called "Split Probability" that worked just like Split Attack for Probability Control. Each rank of "Split Probability" allows you an additional die to split your PC over.

Example: LuckDude has Probability Control 14 [Power Feats: Split Probability 3].

In a single round he can make one roll a minimum roll of 14. Or he could divide that up over two rolls (e.g. 10 and 4). Or he could divide that up over three rolls (5, 5, and 4). Or he could divide it up over 4 rolls (3, 3, 3, and 5).

That's just my thought; the Refs would need to discuss this to reach a consensus. I'll pose it to them and report back to you, hopefully soon.

Thanks a lot. If my two cents counts, I'd like your way of handling it. It makes perfect sense and is reasonable to boot. Looking forward to hearing the results though.

Thanks a lot. If my two cents counts, I'd like your way of handling it. It makes perfect sense and is reasonable to boot. Looking forward to hearing the results though.

Got to ask. If the Above Luckdude had Probability control 14 [Power feats: Split Probability 3] along with the AP: Damage as listed in the UP under Probability, would the split probability also act as split attack on the AP or would split attack need to be bought to affect multiple targets?

Got to ask. If the Above Luckdude had Probability control 14 [Power feats: Split Probability 3] along with the AP: Damage as listed in the UP under Probability, would the split probability also act as split attack on the AP or would split attack need to be bought to affect multiple targets?

The power points spent on Split Probability would be available for the AP. LuckDude spent 59 pp on his power (14*4+3). If he took the Damage (Range: Perception) AP, he could spend up to 59 pp on it, any way that he wished. Since Perception range powers are PL-limited, he'd probably not even spend that much, but he could add plenty of Split Attack to it if he wanted to.

The power points spent on Split Probability would be available for the AP. LuckDude spent 59 pp on his power (14*4+3). If he took the Damage (Range: Perception) AP, he could spend up to 59 pp on it, any way that he wished. Since Perception range powers are PL-limited, he'd probably not even spend that much, but he could add plenty of Split Attack to it if he wanted to.

Ugh. I don't know if I like a Perception Area Damage effect. Even assuming that you add Selective Attack, it just seems dull. "Everyone roll a Toughness save; anvils just fell on your heads again" isn't very exciting after the third or fourth time. Really, not even on the first one.

Ugh. I don't know if I like a Perception Area Damage effect. Even assuming that you add Selective Attack, it just seems dull. "Everyone roll a Toughness save; anvils just fell on your heads again" isn't very exciting after the third or fourth time. Really, not even on the first one.