The Ghost

MBCE

Hmmm, well my place is in one piece. Now we're driving to Lantern Hill to pay a visit to a guy with a coin. What on Earth would they want a coin for anyway? It's not like coins are hard to find either. Must be something fairly important if they want me to team up with Belphegor.

This demon is kind of strange. It's almost as if he's trying to hide stuff from me, but I just don't know what. When people start talking about what they can do, it's a good sign that they're trying to cover up their limitations. If this guy has problems, then it's bound to get me into trouble. Lady Fortune is going to have her work cut out for her on this trip!

Just look at this place! Cameras along the walls. Magical runes to keep a lot of people out as well. Whatever this coin is, it really has some massive security on it. If not for Belphegor, I wouldn't know a damned thing about the runes! They protect the whole compound from intruders and that's not good. If I can't slip through the walls, I'm going to be a sitting duck most of the time. That's not going to make this any easier.

Perhaps it is a good thing the demon's with me on this. Together, we should be able to overcome anything they might throw at us!

Wow! A fountain, in the middle of the driveway! I can't believe that this guy has that much money. But that is the strangest fountain I've ever seen. Belphegor is going to take the lead in getting us inside. Normally I would simply walk through the walls and be halfway to the prize, but this place is warded. I hope the guard doesn't freak out when he sees me here. I'm pretty sure that camera didn't pick me up. I seem to have the ability to avoid detection by machines, a very useful trait in my line of profession, but I can't do anything against the naked eye.

I have to take a piss? Is that he best he can come up with to get us inside? Now I have to dance about to look like he's telling the truth. I wish Belphegor would have told me what he was planning ahead of time. First the can't speak English bit and now this!

How in the world did that work? Who, in their right mind would believe that story? Strangers that need to call for help and use the restroom. I guess Lady Fortune is really watching out for me.

Now that we're inside, I'll simply sneak back from the restroom and knock the guard out as Belphegor keeps him occupied. Nice and subtle.

Almost at the restroom. Once I'm inside, I'll have to wait a few moment before I can sneak back....

What's that noise? No! He can't be transforming now? Don't make all that noise!!!!

Doesn't he know how to be subtle?

We're going to get blasted the minute these doors open! It's just like in the movies. Trapped in the elevator with no where to run, the enemy in a position to blast anything within once the doors open.

I hope Bel can take the brunt of the shots. If he hadn't been so blatant, we might have slipped down here without them even knowing we were coming. Lady Fortune, if you ever watched out for me, this is the time to do it!

My luck has never worked on a group of people! But why wouldn't it? If I concentrate, I should be able to affect an area instead of an individual. I've got to try or these goons are going to drop both myself and Belphegor before we can repay our debt!

Sammy reached out with his ability to affect the law of probability in a way that he had never done so before. Instead of concentrating on one target, he decided to spread the effect out to catch all the goons. Even as he exerted his will, he knew that it wouldn't hit as strongly as his concentrated effect. However, if these men weren't wearing heavy protection, it should still easily effect them. The effort left Ghost winded but it was strong enough to take out at least three of the men.

We're alive! I almost thought we were going to buy the farm on that one! Belphegor looked pretty messed up and after that stunt of mine, I'm not feeling all that great either.

Hmmm, these guys are packing some really heavy weaponry. Can't seem to get it to work though. Must be coded for their personal use. Not like I need it. Lady Fortune is always watching out for me. Now all we have to do is get through this door and into the next room to our target. I hope he's in a talking mode!

Wait a minute! Don't just rip it out!

Does he even understand the meaning of subtle? One of these days I'm going to have to teach him how to do things with style and not brute force.

At least Belphegor has the muscles I need to handle this caper. I would have been a goner already if he wasn't here to take part of the load off of me. Everyone's got a use, I guess.

Hmm, stairs. I wonder where they lead.