Wesley

Sandman XI

Introduction

Who are you? Sum yourself up in one sentence.

I am Wesley Knight. I am a street level hero with the power of controlling life force.

Do you have any nicknames, street names, titles, or nom de plume?

I go by Knight for a codename.

What is your full birth name?

Wesley Octavious Knight

Where do you live?

Riverside

How old are you? What year were you born (if applicable)?

I will be 21 as of December 13, 2010

Physical Traits

What is your gender? If not applicable, please explain.

Male.

How would you describe your heritage?

I've never thought about it, but I guess if you wanna get PC about it, I'm African-American.

How tall are you?

6 foot 2 inches

What is your body type?

Muscular but not bulky. Toned and athletic.

Do you have any particular weaknesses, such as allergies or physical disabilities?

No.

How do you carry yourself? Are you graceful, or heavy on your feet? Can you be stealthy, do you walk with confidence?

I carry myself upwardly, no slouching. I'm pretty graceful, I guess, though I'm no lightweight. Hm, I've never thought about being stealthy, I'm not going to be some spy, but I'm about as sneaky as the next guy. Yes, confident is the only way one should walk.

Describe your skin, eye, and hair color.

I'm not charred or obsidian black, but my skin is a rich and dark brown. My eyes are green, though they were originally brown. My powers sorta messed with me on the biological level when I got them. My hair color is black.

How do you wear your hair, if applicable? Do you have facial hair?

I have long thick dreadlocks for hair. They reach down to my shoulders.

Do you consider yourself attractive? Do others?

Heh, that's a loaded question, isn't it? I'm not bad looking. I guess others think that too.

Do you have any scars, tattoos, piercings, or birthmarks?

If I were to sit here and list all my tattoos we'd be here a good long while. I've had piercings in my eyebrows, bottom lip, nose, ears and tongue before. It comes and it goes. Right now I have none.

Do you resemble anyone famous?

I've been told I look like a younger Gary Dourdan.

Do you have a dominant hand?

Left.

What kind of clothing do you wear?

Cargo jeans. A-shirt. Sneakers.

Do you wear makeup?

No.

What is your vocal range? Is your voice distinctive in some way?

I'd guess light bass. I'm no singer, but I can do some deep ones. Though not too deep.

Do you have any distinctive habits, nervous tics, or mannerisms? Where did they come from, and what causes them? Do other people notice and remark on these habits? Do they annoy you or other people?

Not that I've noticed.

History

Where do you come from?

Tunnel Hill, Alabama. Never to return.

Have you made any major moves, or do you live in your hometown?

The only major move I've done was from my hometown to Freedom City.

Do you feel loyal to your country of citizenship? Do you consider yourself patriotic? How do you feel about the government of your country?

What else would I be loyal to? I'm not a flag waving zealot, but who isn't patriotic for the land they live in?

How do you feel about the place you come from?

It's a point in my past that is over and done with.

Where is your home town? What was/is it like?

The South. Racist.

Growing up, were most of the people you knew similar to you, or were you somehow a minority? How did that affect you?

Yeah, I was the minority. The only black family in a small factory town. You might as well just named us Token. It affected me a lot. The whole town was bass ackwards. Like it was the 60s and Segregation never stopped.

Is there something you've always been really good at or really bad at? How has that affected your life?

I learned how to ink when I was in juvenile hall (yeah, long story). It's lead me to one of my callings in life.

Were there any traumatic experiences in your early years (death of a family member, abandonment, orphaned at an early age)?

Quite a few. But out of those choices, yeah. My mother and father, the only family I knew, died in a car accident. Killed by a drunk driver that never slipped away from his consequences legally.

Briefly describe a defining moment in your childhood and how it influenced your life.

I will not let my childhood define me.

What stupid things did you do when you were younger?

Remember the drunk driver that got away legally? Well, he didn't escape retribution. Blind rage took over. A few days later I laid into him. I learned later that he would never walk again. Although vengeance was mine, I didn't feel any better, or that I did the right thing.

Where did you go to school? How much school did you have, and did you enjoy it?

I went to school up until junior year. Then the chain of incidents happened. I got a GED later. As for whether I enjoyed it? Well, tolerated is putting it lightly. Sure, I had 'friends', but they were there because I was good at sports.

Do you have any mementos of your childhood? What are they, and why did you keep them? If you have none, why not?

I have memories and pictures of my parents and me. I keep them in memorium of the only two decent people in that town. I also have a few odds and ends from my

When did you decide to become a hero? Why? Did anyone influence you one way or another in the decision?

Great power, great responsibility. Right? Well, there's more than that. I don't want bad things to happen to people. I would have done this if I didn't have powers, though in a different way.

Is the reason you give people for becoming a hero different than your real reason? If so, why?

No.

Do you have any deep, dark secrets in the past that may come back to haunt you?

Yes.

Do you represent yourself as being different from who you really are? Why?

No. My parents raised me to always tell the truth in all situations.

If you do have these secrets, what do you fear would happen if the truth became known? How far would you go to protect those secrets?

Hopefully the person that learns these secrets will know the whole truth and have an understanding. If it were to slip into the hands of someone who would harm me, my fear is that there are hate group sympathizers up here.

Do you have any sort of criminal record? If so, is it public knowledge?

Yes. Around here? Only the people I trust know about it. Back 'home'? Everyone knows about it. I'm sure they use it as a boogeyman tale.

Family

What are your biological parents' names?

Marion Knight (father), Marie Knight (mother)

Were you raised by them? If not, please explain and describe who raised you.

I was raised by them.

What was their standing in the community? What did/do they do for a living?

Probably not any better than my standing. My father worked at the factory. My mother was a homemaker and sold handcrafted linens and things.

Where are your parents now?

In heaven.

Did your family stay in one area or move around a lot?

No, we stayed in that same backwater town. Until they died.

How did you get along with their parents? How do you get along with them now (if applicable).

Me and my parents loved each other.

How do your parents view you now, or how would they?

Hopefully they're smiling down on me, looking at all the good works I've done and forgiven me for the bad.

Do you have any siblings? If so how many and what are their names? Describe your relationship with them.

No siblings.

What was your birth order in the family?

First and only.

Where are your siblings now (if applicable)? Do they have families of their own? What do they do?

Not applicable.

Do you stay in touch with them or have you become estranged?

Not applicable.

Do you love or hate one member of the family in particular?

No.

Is any member of the family special to you in any way (perhaps, as a confidant, mentor, or arch-rival)?

My mother and father I keep in my heart.

Are there any black (or white) sheep in the family (including you)? If so, please explain.

I guess after all the trouble I went through, I am.

Do you have a notorious or celebrated ancestor? If so, please explain, including how it has affected your life.

Not that I know of.

Do you have a partner and children currently? If so, please describe them.

I do not.

If you do not have a partner or children, do you want them someday? How firm are you in your opinion on this, and what might change your mind?

I haven't been lucky in love, but I am still looking. I was raised that family was one of the most important things in life. Most likely not gonna change that.

What type of person would be your ideal mate?

One who is loving and caring and has a kind heart. Someone who's not afraid of my art. I guess someone who looks nice would be on the list somewhere.

Relationships

Do you have any close friends? If so, please describe them, and how you came to be close to them.

Friends? Yes. Close? Unfortunately not.

Do you have a best friend? If so, how did they become your best friend? How close are you to your best friend?

No.

If you were to go missing, who would worry about you?

I do have friends. Friends are the ones that

Have you lost any loves? If so, how did it happen, and what did you do?

Too many to list. Life happened. Let's go with the two most recent. One was when I got too stuck in my work. I loved her, but I didn't make enough time for her and she left. With the other, I guess it was jumping too soon.

Do you have any bitter enemies? If so, please describe them and their history with you.

None that I know of.

If you have enemies, how do you think they might attempt to work against you in the future?

Not applicable.

What is the worst thing someone has done to you?

One of the reasons I left Tunnel Hill. They had a 'welcoming party' waiting for me when I got back from juvenile hall. These white hooded individuals tried to lynch me.

Where do your loyalties lie? In what order?

My loyalties are pretty simple. I'm not a biased person at all. I am an equal opportunity hero. My loyalties lie with people. People first. Then myself.

Who or what do you trust the most? Why?

Right now, myself.

Who or what do you despise? Why?

I hate hate. Yeah, weird phrasing, but i cannot stand people who's only jollies in life are to make with the anger. There's no reason for hate. If people wouldn't be so reactionary to close their minds, we'd have a more perfect world.

What qualities do you admire most in other people? Are these qualities you possess?

Innate goodness. Hopefully I do.

What qualities do you hate most in other people? Do you have any of those qualities?

See the minirant on hate. I hope I do not.

Do you have a secret identity? If so, who knows it? Do you hide it from people who are close to you? Why?

Semi-Secret. I use the name Knight for a codename, though I own a body art shop named 'Knight's Ink'. It's not too hard to put two and two together if you know these things.

Do you work well on teams and in groups? Are you a leader or a follower?

I do actually. I follow directions very well, though I've never tried being a leader, so I don't know if I'm good or bad at it.

Are you on a super team? If so, how do you get along with your comrades? Do you trust them, or do you have secrets from them?

I was on one once. Though it didn't last very long. Though I stayed with it until the very end.

Are you a member of any church, fraternal organization, club, committee, political party, or other group? How much time do you spend on that?

No.

Personality & Beliefs

Who are your heroes?

My mother and father. And myself.

Did you ever become disillusioned with former heroes or idols? If so, why and what were the circumstances?

No, I've never given up on anyone.

Do you like being a hero? If so, what is the most rewarding part? If not, what makes you keep doing it?

Yes, I do. The most rewarding part is that we have a better world to live in. Sure I could just sit on my butt and make money, but knowing that I can help someone and not doing so would hurt me.

Is there anything that would make you give up hero work, or even switch sides?

When they put me in the ground, Or maybe just when I'm physically and/or mentally not able to do it anymore. Switching sides though? No. Not even one inch.

What are your short term goals (what would you like to be doing within a year)?

Hopefully with a more successful business. The hero thing is pretty much set.

What are your long term goals (what would you like to be doing twenty years from now)?

Huh, you know, I haven't thought about that. Nothing I don't have that I want at the moment. So, I guess I'm fine. To be alive and healthy, then. That is my goal.

What is your greatest fear? Why? What do you do when something triggers this fear?

This all swings back to hate. I don't fear hate itself, I fear what hate will become.

Is there anything you would give you life for?

When my time comes I'll know what to do. Then and only then will I give my life for it.

How do you feel about money and material wealth? Do you desire it or disdain it? Are you miserly with what you have, or do you like to share? Is it a mark of success, or a means to an end?

Money and wealth are some nice things to have. I'm not stingy one bit. I'd say it's a mark of some success. Yet it can be a means to an end at the same time.

How do you generally treat others?

Treat others the way they would want to be treated. I'm not a mean person, so I'm generally nice to others.

Are you a trusting person? Has your trust ever been abused?

Yes to both questions. Again, if I were to sit here and tell you my story before I got to Freedom City, we'd be here for a while. I did not come from a very nice place.

Are you introverted (shy and withdrawn) or extroverted (outgoing)? Do you have a lot of self-confidence?

Extroverted. Yeah, you'd think with a life so horrid I'd be beaten down, but no, I'm not going to let the haters win.

How do you act around attractive, available members of your preferred sex?

Like a normal person. If I'm interested in them I'll go up and talk to them if they haven't talked to me. Do some small talk, gauge personality, that sort of thing.

What are your most annoying habits?

My nightmares are vivid and they bleed into reality into the form of me talking when I sleep. It's very hard to sleep, though others who have been around me when I sleep can't sleep either.

Do you feel contempt for any general category of people? Who are they, and why?

No.

What is your favorite food? Do you prefer any particular type of food? Do you take the time to enjoy your food, or do you eat as fast as you can?

My favorite food is Chinese. I do have a preference, I'm a vegetarian. And yes, I do enjoy my food when I can.

What is your favorite drink (alcoholic or otherwise)?

V8 Fusion. Strawberry Banana.

What is your favorite treat (dessert)?

Melons. Any type of melons.

Are there any specific foodstuffs that you find disgusting or refuse to eat?

Meat. I cannot eat the flesh of a once living breathing sentient being.

What is your favorite color? Are there any colors you dislike?

I do have a preference for royal purple. Though I really don't dislike any color. It's weird to not like colors.

What sort of music do you like? Is there any that you hate?

I like all music that isn't noise. Anything that's got rhythm or a good beat.

If you have a favorite scent, what is it?

Coconut. Heck, the whole month living on an island got me to digging all types of tropical scents.

Do you have a favorite animal?

Does a dragon count?

What is your most treasured possession? Why?

The pictures of my mother and father.

Do you enjoy "roughing it", or do you prefer your creature comforts?

Either's OK I guess. I am pretty self sufficient, so I can 'rough it'. Though

Is there a job or a task you would absolutely refuse to do?

Evil. I refuse to do evil things.

Do you consider yourself a spiritual person? If so, how do your beliefs affect your life?How important is it to you?

Yeah, I was raised in a Christian family. I may have slipped, but the beliefs are still there. Even though I do find myself questioning the particulars of it (God and the supernatural parts), the morals still remain the same.

Was your faith influenced or molded by anyone special?

My parents.

If you belong to a religious organization, how often do you attend? Do you have a specific place of worship, or friends within the organization? How much do you agree with the beliefs of your organization?

I haven't been to church in years.

Could you kill? Have you killed?

Unfortunately, I have. The memory haunts my nightmares every night. Would I do it again? If for the right reason, yes I would. The incident in question was for the right reason. Doesn't mean it doesn't affect you.

What circumstances led to you forming that conviction, or taking that action?

Doing the right thing?

Are there circumstances under which you believe it is permissible to kill? What are they?

If there are no other alternatives. If everything has been done and nothing else can help. Like I said before, just because you can do it, doesn't mean you won't have mental scars about it.

How would you react to watching someone kill another person? Would your reaction be different if the killer was a friend or an enemy of yours?

It would depend on the situation. If soneone just randomly killed another one, I would try to apprehend the killer. If done for dire concequences, well, I'd hope it was for the right reason.

How would you react if something important was stolen from you?

I'd try to find it and get it back.

How would you react to public humiliation?

Humiliation is another form of hate. Hate I cannot abide by. I do not approve of humiliation of any sorts. Public humiliation is the worst. If it was me I'd try to stop it if I could or just walk away if I couldn't. If it were someone else, I'd try to see what the problem was and try to help out.

How would you react if a good friend or relative were purposely or accidentally killed? Has it happened to you?

Yes. My parents died In a car accident. What did I do? I let my anger take control. Would I do it again? No. It was not one of my finer moments. If it was an accident, I'd do my grieving.

What do you consider to be the worst crime someone could commit and why?

Hate. Doing something because you hate someone is the worst crime ever. You are motivated because someone is different than you. You couldn't sit down and talk to them and try to understand your differences, you just acted. It's horrible, just horrible.

If your life were to end in 24 hours, what five things would you do in those remaining hours?

Five things, huh? First, I would see if there was anything I could do to stop it. Second, if I could not stop it I'd get my grieving done in private. Third, I would have to close my shop. Fouth, I would go around and help people as usual. Fifth, I'd visit all my friends to tell them I was going to die and to say goodbye and help them if they needed help.

Career & Training

Do you have any special training in your hero skills? If so, where and how did you get it?

No.

Who taught you the most about your heroing abilities? What was your relationship with that person?

Myself. I'm pretty cool with me :P

Do you have any particularly unusual skills? How did you acquire them?

Depends on what you consider unusual. I've heard people say the fact I could ink was unusual. I've heard people say that I could control living things unusual.

Do you do something besides hero work for a living? Have you ever done anything else, or do you plan to?

I own a body art shop.

What is your preferred combat style?

With my powers I can fight at any range as long as I can see them. If they're somehow immune to them I can turn into something large and beastly to rectify that situation.

Have you ever received any awards or honours?

Back in high school I took the teams I was on to a few victories, though nothing big.

What skill areas would you like most to improve in? Is there anything you can't do that you wish desperately you could?

I'm always looking to improve my art skills. It help me with my creativity. As for wishing for something I cannot do, I don't think I'm that desparate.

How do you act around people who are more skilled than you in areas you'd like to improve? Are you jealous, or do you try and learn?

Nah, I'm not jealous. Yes, I'm always learning. Hopefully I can learn from someone better than me.

Lifestyle & Hobbies

What is a normal day for you? How do you feel when something interrupts this routine?

Do you have any hobbies, or interests outside hero work? What are they, and where did you pick them up?

My body art shop is my hobby and my fun. I get paid for doing what I love. I picked up the shop when I bought it. I picked up the skills when I was a kid in juvenile hall.

What do you do for fun?

See above.

Do you have a costume? What does it look like?

No.

How do you normally dress when not in costume?

Cargo jeans. A-shirt. Sneakers.

What do you wear to bed most nights?

Pajama bottoms.

Do you wear any special jewelry? What is it, and what does it look like?

No.

Do you have a special place where you keep your valuables?

Not really. I keep everything where everyone can see.

What's your preferred means of local travel? How about long distance?

I have a motorcycle.

Miscellaneous

Have you ever made a will, or tried to make arrangements for your death? What provisions did you make?

I have not. I do not plan to. Right now I am living by myself. I have no one to provice for other than myself. So when I pass on there's no one to care for. Hopefully that will change.

If your features were to be destroyed beyond recognition, is there any other way of identifying your body?

Dental reconds? DNA?

What would you like to be remembered for after your death?

The nice guy who help everyone out and never asked for anything in return.

Do you believe you pose a threat to the public? Why or why not?

No, I'm a hero. Heroes don't pose threats, they take care of them. If I were to get causght and made to do it? Yeah, probably so. I can affect anything with a pulse. Scary things I've had nightmares before about. But hey, I'm the good guy here!

What do you perceive as your greatest strength?

Powers, of course. Though I think it's my positive attitude too.

What do you perceive as your greatest weakness?

Maybe the fact that I'm prone to nightmares easily.

As a player, if you could, what advice would you give your character? Speak as if he/she were sitting right here in front of you. Use proper tone so they might heed your advice...

Wesley, you're a good man with a good heart. Things don't always go the way you'd like them. You've seen this first hand. My advice to you is to keep your chin up. Things aren't always bad. You'll pull through.

Oh, and you're awesome. Respek Knuckles.

• 5 weeks later...

Wesley Knight

Gather Information

DC 10: Owns a body art shop in Riverside called Knight's Ink

DC 15: Does more than just piercing and tattoos, has powers that let him modify people. Does it for a price for people who ask.

DC 20: Used to live in his car before he got more stable accommodations

DC 30: Hasn't been the most luck in love. Has horrible nightmares.

DC 40: Did some time in juvy for crippling a kid when he was younger.

Knowledge (civics)

DC 25: Has a juvenile criminal record in Alabama

Knowledge (behavioural sciences)

DC 25: Is holding repressed memories

Knight

Gather Information

DC 10: is a shapeshifter. Shares a name with a guy who does tattoos.

DC 15: IS the guy who does tattoos and other things

DC 20: Used to be a part of the now defunct Knights of Freedom. Is a controller of biological forces.