Champagne Shenanigans [IC]

Supercape

With the host distracted, Joan stepped back into a discreet corner and went to work, mentally noting the arrival of all the new faces. Hmm, Viktor Archeville and the famous Miss Americana. Woof, I see her pictures don't do her justice. Joan wasn't the type to get jealous of another woman's good looks, though, so after a brief stab of envy she put herself back to work. Two scientists from the beautiful people out together, that makes sense. But hey, isn't he dating Fulcrum, that giantess from the Interceptors? Hmm hmm. She missed her notepad, but her brain would have to get the job done. Estelle de Havilland, of course, since there's a party...And Victory, that AEGIS cyborg...quite a crowd Mr. Fassbinder has out for the evening. She hmmed for a moment, then decided she wasn't going to get anywhere if she didn't get closer.

"Viktor! How nice to see you!" she said warmly, walking up and embracing the scientist around the shoulders. "And here I thought it was just going to be all investors and no inventors here." She laughed, and gave a polite hello to the lovely Miss Americana. "Hello, I don't know if we've been introduced. I'm Joan Collier, from the Herald."

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Victory grins, and points to his back with a thumb. "Well, I've got my own special effects built-in, but if they have an idea for something even more impressive to go with it, I'm all ears. Not so sure about holding firecrackers in my hands, but whatever your guys come up with, I'll give it a listen."

When he and Felix finish that part of the conversation, Lance takes a moment to grab a flute of champagne from one of the passing hostesses. And he manages to do so with his metallic arm, the control on it fine enough that it doesn't even cause the slightest crack to the glass. A big improvement from his first days, where he couldn't even hold an apple without crushing it.

At that moment, a full brass and string band struck up in the main hall. Ballroom style, but with a slightly jazzy and eclectic flavour.

As many guests started to drift towards the hall, the main butler rang his silver bell and declared "Ladies and Gentlemen, dancing will now commence in the main hall at your leisure. A full, comprehensive and free" he paused for some applause and approval "bar is also at your disposal".

"Excellent band" noted Felix "saw them last year in Vienna. Flew them over for today's bash. "

Spying Ms. Collier, he sidled up to her "care for a dance, ma'am, if I can drag your perceptive journalist eyes and keen investigative mind to the floor for a minute or two?"

Taking a step towards him and the other guess that had been passed over to Corbin by the host she made room for Mr. Franklin and Ms. Cynthia to talk to what looked to be his parents,

"I deal in antique furniture mostly, it takes me a good bit of places, mostly around Europe,"

"I'm a historian who researches myths and folklore, it's surprising how much the two professions actually intersect because of the stories some items tend to garner over time."

Mr. and Mrs. Hughes nodded as the others described their jobs.

"We work more in the technology field, but that definitely sounds interesting. Albert here is..."

*Fade over to Corbin*

"It is very nice to see you Corbin, as well as you Mr. McRock."

It was an unusual sounding name, looking at him he didn't seem like a famous person so much. Corbin was much more handsome then him, but he did say he was in music,

"I very much like music myself, though I have not been able to play since I came here. I have been so busy with school and such."

Sleaze McRock grinned as the pretty young lady came over.

"Glad to see the youth of today being here, you know? Gotta keep the blood fresh in society. I'm not singing tonight, little lady, but I could mail you a CD if you want. And it ain't right school keeps you so busy you can't play music!"

Corbin was standing there a bit awkwardly; Felix had clearly meant for McRock to give him some "pointers", but the man had been diverted. While Corbin liked music in general, Sleaze's stuff wasn't his taste (the man sounded more like a cat getting it's tail stepped on by a linebacker, but that was neither here nor there), and he couldn't really sing or play that well himself.

Then he heard about the floor opening for dancing, and he paled a bit. He glanced at his parents, and relaxed a bit as he saw them already moving across the floor. They looked happy; good for them. Even better, his mother wasn't going to try shoving some girl his way.

"If you two will excuse me, I'm thirsty."

With that, the tall young man began weaving his way through the crowd towards one of the serving tables; one that didn't have alcoholic drinks. When he arrived, he nodded to the man preparing drinks.

"Um, just some punch. Without, uh, "punch", you know?"

He stood there, one hand in his pocket, the other tapping a slow, aimless rhythm on his leg.

McRock opened his mouth to say something to the new arrival but was cut off by the roar of engines that brought everyone's attention to the sky. Etain had not been paying much attention to the arriving guests but it was sort of hard to ignore the air show and landing of a man in black. She had never seen such a creature before, but from a distance could at least make out bits of metal on it's frame that she probably did not want to go near. He was called aside by a rather pretty woman and red with her date, who seemed to have something off about him. She really couldn't tell from a distance though, and her attention was pulled back when the musician started to talk without the interuption,

"Glad to see the youth of today being here, you know? Gotta keep the blood fresh in society. I'm not singing tonight, little lady, but I could mail you a CD if you want. And it ain't right school keeps you so busy you can't play music!"

"It is not bad, school has lot of interesting people. A CD would be wonderful but I do not know the address for you to send it too. I prefer live music, the band playing is very good."

This seemed to perk up Sleaze's ears,

"Well then would you like to dance?"

Etain nodded her head quietly as the two of them made there way to the dance floor. She really did not care for man, but she could probably switch for someone much nicer. She might of asked Corbin but he seemed like he was a bit preoccupied for some reason.

GM

As Corbin stood by the punch, two pretty young ladies dressed in slightly too short skirts and rather deep plunging necklines came up to him. Hangers on, by the looks of them.

"Hi, I'm Sindy" said the blonde.

"Hi, I'm Mindy" said the brunette.

"We're actresses" said Sindy.

"Aren't you just thrilled to be here?" asked Mindy.

"Are you an actor?" asked Sindy.

"Smile!" smiled Mindy, as the two ladies held onto his powerful arms and each gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"Hold that pose!" said the photographer, catching the threesome together and clicking his camera.

"" Archeville replied to the host in their native tongue, ""

Networking!

The approach of an investigative journalist caught his eye, "Joan! A pleasure to see you again!" He returned the hug gently, "Lovely dress, too. I cannot say that I am surprised to see so many inventors her -- our is an expensive business, and our own patents can only earn so much."

Oh, I am glad Joan is not the gossip columnist! Mona, where are you?! No, no, calm down... she will be here. And besides, there is nothing unseemly going on, just two representatives of ArcheTech here, enjoying the atmosphere and seeking funding and legislation to sustain and ease our research.

When Fassbinder slid over to Collier, Archeville turned back to Miss Americana. Ever-so-slightly biting his lower lip, he offered her his arm, "shall we dance?" He leaned in a bit and in a lowered tone added, "being so conspicuous so early will help keep eyes on us, and the more eyes on us, the more funds for ArcheTech."

GM

As Corbin stood by the punch, two pretty young ladies dressed in slightly too short skirts and rather deep plunging necklines came up to him. Hangers on, by the looks of them.

"Hi, I'm Sindy" said the blonde.

"Hi, I'm Mindy" said the brunette.

"We're actresses" said Sindy.

"Aren't you just thrilled to be here?" asked Mindy.

"Are you an actor?" asked Sindy.

"Smile!" smiled Mindy, as the two ladies held onto his powerful arms and each gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"Hold that pose!" said the photographer, catching the threesome together and clicking his camera.

Corbin turned, interrupted as he was reaching for his beverage.

"Uh...my name is Corbin. Actresses?"

'This isn't a big movie town, is it?' he thought to himself, somewhat confused.

Then they kissed him and took a photo with him. Corbin was not amused. He gently removed their arms and walked over to the cameraman. He had a slight frown on his face, but his body language wasn't turned up to "mean"...yet. Didn't change the face that he had a head and shoulders on the man.

"I'd appreciate it if you deleted or removed that picture, sir. I didn't give permission for you to take it, and I'd rather it not end up plastered on some website or magazine."

"I'd appreciate it if you deleted or removed that picture, sir. I didn't give permission for you to take it, and I'd rather it not end up plastered on some website or magazine."

"Uh huh, my friend, no can do!" said the reporter, shaking his head. "I'm being paid to take snaps, and taking snaps is what I'm gonna do!" he continued in a Texan drawl, which complimented his cowboy hat and bolo tie.

Looking at his digital camera, he flicked back to the picture he had taken "and that sure is a good one! Gonna look good in Yes! magazine. What was your name, again, son?"

Finishing his champagne, Lance notices a bit of a confrontation going on between a photographer, two female guests, and a rather large fellow. Taking a final sip and placing the empty flute on a tray, he steps over to the group, placing his metal right hand on the photographer's shoulder, squeezing ever so slightly. Not enough to hurt, but enough to serve as a bit of a warning.

"Excuse me, but is there a problem here?"

Miss Americana gave Joan-the-Reporter a smile as brilliant and sharp as one of her diamonds. "Oh, of course, I've read some of your work in the local paper. I was fascinated by that series you did on the bay area and the industrial pollutants being released. Did you know that ArcheTech is working on a polymer that will soak up water pollution and float it to the surface for ease of retrieval? It's a very exciting project, and I think you'd be interested. Call me sometime and we can arrange a chat."

She turned her attention back to the doctor, her smile becoming something more real. "I'd love to dance," she told him. "And I love being conspicuous," she joked in an undertone as they headed to the dance floor.

Joan carefully paid attention to the two scientists, listening with interest as they talked. And it was real interest: for all that she was likely being sold a bill of goods even by the lovely Miss A, it was still more interesting to hear about that sort of thing than the boring details of the society party around her. And how could she be upset about a woman doing science? "That sounds like fascinating work," she said honestly, "and I'd love to talk to you about it at length. After the dancing!" she added with a laugh. She stepped back, shooting a glance over at the interplay between Corbin and the reporter.

What makes 'Tex' Muniz especially fun to deal with, she mused sarcastically, is that he's actually from Garden City...hey! Isn't that Corbin Hughes, the Hughes heir? Yes, yes it is. And where are his parents? Ah. She wasn't much for gossip, but she made a note anyway. Kids today, getting sucked into parties like this, women around them who think they don't have any options besides their face to get ahead...it's sad.

All in all, she wasn't in a great mood when she rounded on Felix Fassbinder, but that didn't mean she was above playing with her food. "Perhaps, Mr. Fassbinder, if you think you can handle dancing with a woman." She looked down at him and added with a smirk. "Hands at ten and two," she said, reaching down and taking his hands, putting them firmly on her shoulder blades. She was a tall, muscular woman, and felt very strong. "Now lead me." Is Hughes working FOR, or WITH Fassbinder? And what's the AEGIS connection?

"Uh huh, my friend, no can do!" said the reporter, shaking his head. "I'm being paid to take snaps, and taking snaps is what I'm gonna do!" he continued in a Texan drawl, which complimented his cowboy hat and bolo tie.

Looking at his digital camera, he flicked back to the picture he had taken "and that sure is a good one! Gonna look good in Yes! magazine. What was your name, again, son?"

Corbin crossed his arms over his chest. An imposing gesture, to be sure.

"I don't have to give that information, "partner". And I'd think someone like you could-"

Finishing his champagne, Lance notices a bit of a confrontation going on between a photographer, two female guests, and a rather large fellow. Taking a final sip and placing the empty flute on a tray, he steps over to the group, placing his metal right hand on the photographer's shoulder, squeezing ever so slightly. Not enough to hurt, but enough to serve as a bit of a warning.

"Excuse me, but is there a problem here?"

Corbin grinned and un-crossed his arms.

"Just a bit, yes. This..."journalist"...won't get rid of that photo he took of me. Not only is it a misleading photo, I thought he couldn't do that without my permission?"

"This here's a public place, partner. First Amendment says I have freedom of the press. We're in a public area, and my camera is clearly being used, with no deception. I also have a publicly displayed press pass. You're just plum out of luck. Now if this here big man with a hand on my shoulder could get his paw off me, I won't cry fowl to the host."

Corbin's expression went from "stern" to "forlorn" in a matter of seconds. This was a horrible mistake with two nigh-brainless floozies within arm's length. Making odd cooing sounds, they each grabbed an arm, before practically draping themselves over the poor boy. Corbin went stock still, and the color drained from his face.

"Uh..."

"You poor baby, is the photographer being mean to you? Why don't you come dance with me to make it better?"

"No, dance with me!"

"What about both of us?"

"Teehee, that's a great idea. He is a very big boy, after all..."

There's color in his face now, but it's all bright red. Oh, and Tex Muniz is snapping pictures like a madman.

Etain had gotten through half a song by the time she had figured out she was thoroughly sick of Mr. McRock. He was talkative but not in a good way, he smelled, and he was getting a bit too handsy for his own good. This greatly attributed to her finding Corbin by the punch bowl as she was actively looking for an escape route.

"I am quite thirsty, I think I'll go ahead and."

She was stopped midstep when she tried to pull away by McRock's hand on her arm,

"Now come on, the dance has only started don't you want to finish the song."

Etain narrowed her eyes and it was about the last thing McRock saw clearly as the world around him started to spin and he let go and started to stagger,

"I think sir, you've had too much to drink."

Moving away from the scene she evened her pace so when she approached the scene she saw Corbin rather uncomfortably placed between two woman attacking him like birds of prey,

"Corbin, you have been taking so long getting the punch, I was afriad you might of been kidnapped."

Walking past the metal man and the camera men she looked at the two girls,

"Excuse me, may I ask why you are harassing my companion?"

Her eyes glanced at the two of them daring* for an unflattering comeback. She may not of been the most attractive person in the room, but she was several levels above these two ladies that was certian.

"Very nicely handled," Archeville congratulated his dance partner, "I had not realized you were so proficient at PR work." He leaned in closer, and whispered as softly as he could, "or that she was this agile and fluid. Again, kudos to you."

An outstanding piece of engineering!

He pulled back slightly, and while doing so the commotion near Victor caught his eye. He nodded in its direction, calling Miss Americana's attention to it. "I believe someone has had their photo taken while in a somewhat compromising position, and their attempts at damage control have drawn a crowd."

Lance looks to Corbin, listening, then back to the reporter, turning to stand in between him and his subject, moving his metallic hand away from the man's shoulder, and instead placing the palm on the camera lens. He gives him a stern look from his eyes, but keeps his mouth a mock-polite smile, to keep up appearance.

"Now then, I think this young man's made a very reasonable request. He just wants to enjoy himself in peace. Now, why don't you take that picture out and move on to someone who'd be more willing? Besides...I know quite a few people in the media who don't take kindly to hounds, and you wouldn't want them to know you've been one, trust me..."

Moving away from the scene she evened her pace so when she approached the scene she saw Corbin rather uncomfortably placed between two woman attacking him like birds of prey,

"Corbin, you have been taking so long getting the punch, I was afriad you might of been kidnapped."

Walking past the metal man and the camera men she looked at the two girls,

"Excuse me, may I ask why you are harassing my companion?"

Her eyes glanced at the two of them daring* for an unflattering comeback. She may not of been the most attractive person in the room, but she was several levels above these two ladies that was certian.

((*Intimidate check against two floozies.))

The two women clinging to Corbin were shaken by Etain's intensity. They shakily released the poor boy, and went on to quickly move on to easier prey.

Corbin, meanwhile, took a step back, trying to give himself some space from even Etain. He ran a hand through his short hair and breathed a sigh of relief.

"Thanks. I didn't want to just shove them away, that would have looked-"

Lance looks to Corbin, listening, then back to the reporter, turning to stand in between him and his subject, moving his metallic hand away from the man's shoulder, and instead placing the palm on the camera lens. He gives him a stern look from his eyes, but keeps his mouth a mock-polite smile, to keep up appearance.

"Now then, I think this young man's made a very reasonable request. He just wants to enjoy himself in peace. Now, why don't you take that picture out and move on to someone who'd be more willing? Besides...I know quite a few people in the media who don't take kindly to hounds, and you wouldn't want them to know you've been one, trust me..."

Unfortunately, fate decided to be a cruel mistress to Corbin this night. His couple of small steps put him right in the path of Victory, who was concentrating on Tex. Thus, Victory bumped into the young man. Normally, this wouldn't be an issue. However, Victory weight quite a bit more than Corbin did. Victory seemed to barely notice the hit; Corbin was sent stumbling forward, his arms flailing a bit to keep his balance. Curse these moments of teenage awkwardness!

Even worse, this stumble sent him right into Etain. It was practically a body-check, though he had no real speed, so she just bounced off his chest. That still meant she was starting to fall.

Fortune decided it was being too harsh, and gave Corbin a bit of a break. He managed to catch his balance and Etain at almost the same time, using his greater mass as an anchor. Somehow, they ended up in a pose reminiscent of a dancing dip, one a bit at odds with the current slower music.

The fact that two more photographers just happened to be close enough to get near-perfect shots, even as Tex simply smiled and erased the photos of Corbin from his camera in front of Victory's eyes, just meant that Fortune wasn't going easy on the boy.

"There you go, big guy. My photos are erased. But don't think you'll get away with threatening two more legal press members. We have rights too, you know."

Here the other two photographers waved their cameras jauntily in the air. Clearly, they were working with Tex on this assignment. It was a big party, after all.

Corbin was still flustered as he straightened himself and Etain out, quickly letting go of the girl.

"I'm so sorry! That was an accident, I didn't mean to! Sorry sorry sorry!"

He began backing away from Etain, Victory, Tex, the punch bar, and basically everyone involved in that semi-minor fiasco that had probably attracted the attention of half the party-goers at this point. His face was flushed with embarrassment, and a bit of anger. This means he doesn't quite watch himself, and ends up bumping rather firmly into Estelle de Havilland. He manages not to send her tumbling, but has to take a moment to collect himself to prevent more physical slapstick.

"Oh, I'm so sorry ma'am! So sorry! I didn't mean to, it's just..."

He throws his hands into the air as a sign of helplessness.

"Why thank you, Doctor," Miss A murmured back with a smile. "It's very kind of you to notice." Her smile faded as she followed the doctor's glance and saw the altercation forming up. "Oh, and it's just a kid, too. Poor thing. Could you excuse me for just a moment? Go ahead and keep dancing." Miss A closed her eyes, a slight smile on her face as though she were lost in the music and the moment.

It was perhaps thirty seconds before she was back, opening her eyes and smiling at her dance partner again. "There we are. Did you know that the failure rate on commercial memory cards is just atrocious? Why, sometimes entire batches are bad, so if you and your cronies have all bought the same brand, who knows what could happen?" she asked conversationally, keeping her voice to a low murmur. "And you never know until after the fact, either."

The full range of motions that came about was rather unlikely on any other day. Even with the space, she could not get out of the way of Corbin who was almost twice her size both in width and mass. Though he was able to catch her she still felt herself bending so much so that she could see very clearly the two photographers and the flash of there cameras in hers and Corbin's faces. She did not mind cameras terribly much, however as she was pulled up Corbin seemed very much distressed about the whole thing that he seemed to run away. The other man with the camera by the metal man did not seem to help as he held his own camera, turning her head towards him she cast another illusion that made his world start to spin that the person started to move a bit off balance to match. She did the same to the other two photographers before she walked walked off of the scene and went to Corbin. She stuck to her native tongue because she was always clearer,

""

She glanced around at the rest of the party, the whole scene was winding down a little bit, though there was still a bit of fuss,

""

"Perhaps, Mr. Fassbinder, if you think you can handle dancing with a woman."

"But of course my dear!" replied Felix. If only she knew...

She looked down at him and added with a smirk. "Hands at ten and two," she said, reaching down and taking his hands, putting them firmly on her shoulder blades. She was a tall, muscular woman, and felt very strong. "Now lead me." Is Hughes working FOR, or WITH Fassbinder? And what's the AEGIS connection?

Felix complied, and started leading the dance. He was hardly an accomplished dancer, but he had been to a party or two. He was surprised at how strong the lady was damn she must work out! and almost as a reflex his own muscles slid around inside his body to compensate.

"Now my dear, you really must relax and enjoy yourself. All work and no play makes Jackette a dull girl!" he smiled. He rather liked Ms. Collier. For a journalist. "So, tell me the latest gossip" he whispered, as he spun her round the ballroom. "And I hope Fassbinder is maintaining its pristine medical reputation? If not, I want to be the first to hear about it. "

He shuffled around and with a few steps drew close to the ear. "And I do mean that. We built this company on doing the right thing. And if I hear of anybody in it doing the wrong thing, you let me know. Because there will be trouble." This time, his words had an edge and his arms had a muscular wiry strength to him that belied his apparent age.

Never again... he whispered to himself in his head, dimly remembering the horrors of his infancy.

He realised he had a little too much blood in his voice. What had brought that on? As he spun around, he caught site of Miss America and the Doctor dancing away. German accent super scientist...

Lance was about to speak again, when he felt a bump against his back. Turning around to see what it was, he catches a sight of Corbin being bumped into someone. He winces a bit, and is about to apologize, but finds it's already led to him striking up a conversation with another young lady. Smirking, he starts to turn back to the photographer. But as he turns, his eyes catch a glimpse of Miss A doing...something, and then smiling after noticing the hustle. He grins wider, and finishes the turn, giving the photographer a little pat on the arm with his metal hand. Although it probably felt like a lot more than that.

"Well, I'll be the first to agree with you on your rights, that's for sure. Just be careful about who you photograph, alright? Some people would rather have their privacy, after all."

Estelle graciously let Felix attend to his hosting duties, and then started to move slowly about the room, scanning the party to monitor its evolving mood; any good party is like both a three-act play and a living thing, and one is wise to stay sharp. Viktor and the stupendous Miss Americana were dancing, easily the most glamorous couple of the night, and Felix and a lovely woman had joined them. One poor young man was having a bit of any issue with the paparazzi, but then it seemed like Victory from AEGIS was being kind enough to intervene, so her focus shifted elsewhere…

"Oh, I'm so sorry ma'am! So sorry! I didn't mean to, it's just..."

That is, until the poor young man bumped into her! Though she did spill her drink when she stumbled, she was able, due to years of practice, to avoid getting any champagne on her dress. Seeing that the teen was about to take a bit of a spill himself, her braid quickly unfurled and several golden tendrils shot out to grab him at the shoulders and waist, easily able to handle his athletic frame.

“Don’t worry, I’ve got you!†Lifting him back up to his feet, she smiled warmly at him as she sent a few tendrils across the room to fetch some napkins from a nearby table. “Are you alright? Sadly dodging photographers is often a full-contact sport.†She did her best to mop up the spill with the napkins as a simply stunning young lady approached them and began to speak with the young man in Latin, of all things.

How very interesting! :raise:

"That's certainly good to hear," said the tall journalist, leaning down so she could whisper in the magnate's ear. "But you understand how a journalist could misread the evening," she added, her voice low and throaty. As she spoke, she pointed discreetly, her eyes scanning the room. "You've got the underage son of Rath and Stromberg's best at an adult party thrown by one of the biggest chemical magnates in the city, while the de Haviland heir and a government cyborg are suspiciously determined to help him stay out of view of the paparazzi, all while the world's most powerful scientist out of Greek armor dances with America's finest. Something's going on here tonight, even if everyone involved thinks they're perfectly innocent. And you know what they say, Felix. If you can't spot the sucker at the poker table in five minutes, it's you." She grinned, and let him spin her. "Now, I'll lead."

Fulcrum wasn't the type to be fashionably late. She was more the rock, always arriving in the nick of time, as it were. On this particular evening, the giantess arrived unexpectedly, about the time the paparazzi were relaxing for the big exit. The only indication of her entrance was the soft thud of her boots. Her face had a neutral expression. The reporters and photographers, well, they prospered on being perceptive.

Attending this particular shindig had been a low priority for the heroine. Hero work was far higher on the list. In fact her initial reaction had been to three-pointer the ornate invitation straight into the trash. Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately, she made that shot at her parents' house, and Fatima was drawn to the filigree like a moth to the flame. Her neighbor Lily's fits over what she should wear didn't speed up the process but did lighten her mood somewhat. Living next to an aspiring designer had some advantages.

In the end she had opted for her traditional look: costume. Thankfully her new bodysuit had just arrived from the Atoms' factory. The design was similar, the dark blues, gold boots and gloves, sans cape, accented with a string of pearls, an elaborate French braid and her delightfully minimalist bracelets/anklets. As the cameras flashed, she smiled diplomatically and started forward into the barrage of questions.

"Fulcrum! Is the Freedom League recruiting you?""Any truth to your break up with Dr. Archeville?""Can you comment on the strange undead occurrences?""Are you..."

Sliding into her personal bullet time, Fulcrum took in the onslaught serenely, keeping her soft smile, and continued forward unabated. Viktor's name more than perked her interest, but thankfully her quick processing kept that reaction hidden. She answered over the flashes, "I am just here to have a lovely evening, thanks to generosity of Mr. Fassbinder. If you'll excuse me."

Being a giant had some advantages.

It wasn't so much luck as planned timing. Talya had been waiting for the opportunity to slip inside and she did so in the wake of Fulcrum's media frenzy. Besides, it had been a while since she'd had her face in the papers so she wasn't nearly so likely to stir the press frenzy as the more contemporary heroes. Once she'd reached the thresh-hold, Talya smiled and held over the invitation that she'd 'borrowed' from Elena's mail. After all, it wasn't like the Scarab was too likely to be making an appearance tonight. She'd never miss it. Well, she wouldn't miss it until there was a news clipping about Talya's presence at the party. With that in mind, she'd forwent the grand entrance.

Once inside, she handed over her coat to be checked and descended to the party's floor as the rather confused doorman announced her as "Natalya Browing...?" from the card she'd handed him. The blonde was looking quite contemporary tonight, although her hair was still down in it's trade mark loose style, curving down to obscure one eye. The dress, however, was high necked and low backed and slit up to her hips. It pooled around her ankles as she slinked down the stairs on high heeled peep toes.

She glanced around and then plucked a drink from a tray. Time to make some new 'friends'. Or cause trouble. Something to liven up a dull evening, at least.