The Lab

Supercape

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could get behind the Masterwork Library, Labs, and Workshop, maybe a Universal Translator power (actually worked up a Device like that in Ironclad's News thread -- direct contribution from her, maybe?) and even a Think Tank from Agents of Freedom, but I really don't think we need much else.

• 2 months later...

I would support this, he fits the Lab criteria (maybe a bit young but 18 is old enough!).

What do others think?

If Voltage joins (after suitable plot and thread?) then we have been all contributing 1PP to the Lab, which Voltage should too (no more, no less!) that gives 5 more points to the Lab.

Looking over Voltage's sheet, I don't have any real problem with him joining. He's very, very focused on one area and he's young, but you could've said the same things about Ironclad when she joined. I would like it if he had some threads with the other Lab folks before joining, just so he doesn't come out of thin air to any of the characters.

I agree with Rav - I have no mechanical or fluff qualms, but would prefer to see a little IC set-up before any official Lab invites go out - partly so that he just doesn't come out of nowhere, and partly to make sure that it's realistic for the other Lab members to invite him in, personality-wise.

Since the Voltage issue seems to be settled, I'd like to bring up something else. The Lab has no Reputation table. I'm going to take a stab at fixing that!

Gather Information

DC 10: The Lab is a collaborative research organization, sited in Hanover in Freedom City.

DC 15: The Lab was founded by several superheroes, including Miss Americana, Supercape, Dragonfly, and Ironclad

DC 20: The Lab is a not-for-profit organization, but has on occasion worked with various other organizations, companies, and governments.

Part of me thinks there should be more there, but I can't really think of anything else.

• 2 months later...

I would like for Saiph to have an experience similar to Glow's in this thread, a visit to the lab for either "studying his powers" purposes or for a very short internship (he's not a genius, but he has a bit of sciency knowledge, and he knows SPAAACE!).

The real reason Saiph is bugging Duncan Summers for a visit to the Lab is this Complication of his

I’ll get them back: He still looks for a way of finding his missing teammates. He’ll bother every super-scientist in the City searching for help.

so at the end of the visit/experiment he can get a chance of explaining his problem to the scientist overseeing him.

Also, and I'm just throwing it in, since he's empowered by the Lor, and Supercape plans on bringing in a Lor NPC... maybe Saiph's energy signature is what leads to the meeting, or something like that...

anyone up for this?