Power Ring

ex3lev3n

Hey, gang! I've been tooling around with a GL expy for the last few weeks and have come up with this power ring design. Now, I know what I want it to do, and I think I've statted it out fairly well, but there are those more well-versed in the art of Power creation here than I, so I'm throwing it by you to see if everything adds up:

Device 18 (power ring, alien technology, hard to lose; Power Feats: Restricted 2) [74pp]

Blast 15 (solar; Power Feats: Dynamic, Dynamic Alternate Power 3) [37dp]

-DAP: Create Object 13 (hard light constructs; Extras: Moveable; Power Feats: Precise, Progression 2, Tether) [30]

-DAP: Dazzle 15 (visual) (solar flare; Extras: Area [explosion], Duration [sustained]; Flaws: Distracting, Range [touch]) [30]

-DAP: Environmental Control 30 (light, bright as day) (corona; Flaws: Range [touch]) [30]

Comprehend 4 (languages; speak, read, understand, be understood) (Flaws: Duration [sustained]) [4dp]

Enhanced Feats 12 (Environmental Adaptation [zero gravity], Minion 10 [power ring A.I.], Quick Change) [12dp]

Feature 2 (Laboratory, Library) [2dp]

Flight 5 (Power Feats: Alternate Power) [11dp]

-AP: Space Travel 10

Immunity 9 (life support) [9dp]

Protection 15 (solar aura) [15dp]

Power Ring A.I.: [150mp]

Abilities : -10 - 10 -10 + 30 - 8 - 8 = -16mp

Str -

Dex -

Con -

Int 40 (+15)

Wis 2 (-4)

Cha 2 (-4)

Combat: 0mp

Initiative: +0

Attack: +0

Grapple: +0

Defense +0

Knockback: -12

Saves: 0mp

Toughness: +14 Protection (Impervious 10)

Fortitude: -

Reflex: +0

Will: -

Skills: 80r = 20mp

Investigate 10 (+25)

Knowledge (behavioral sciences) 10 (+25)

Knowledge (civics) 10 (+25)

Knowledge (earth sciences) 10 (+25)

Knowledge (history) 10 (+25)

Knowledge (life sciences) 10 (+25)

Knowledge (physical sciences) 10 (+25)

Knowledge (technology) 10 (+25)

Powers: 61 + 26 + 6 + 49 = 146mp

Immunity 60 (Fortitude, Will) (alien construct; Power Feats: Innate) [61mp]

Protection 14 (exotic construction materials; Extras: Impervious 10; Power Feats: Indestructable, Innate) [26mp]

Quickness 10 (advanced processor; Flaw: Limited [mental tasks only]; Power Feats: Innate) [6mp]

Shrinking 12 (power ring; Extras: Permanent; Power Feats: Innate) [49mp]

ok, a fairly straight forward mockup (re: blatant rip-off) of a Green Lantern Power Ring. The Powers themselves seem sound, but what I'm really looking at here is the Minion/A.I. I'm trying to capture the nigh-omniscient intelligence of the A.I. without it being overpowered mechanically. The way I have it set up is pretty simple, and that's what makes me think I'm overlooking something. The ring can use it's Mental Quickness, Features, and Skills to relay accurate information to the ring-bearer when prompted instead of the character making the checks, as seen in the comics. Does this build look correct? Is there something missing, out of place, or even misunderstood on my part to keep the ring from functioning the way I intend it to? Any and all help with this is much appreciated.

it's the scan-thingy the power rings do. If you've read GL, you've seen them do it. It scans whatever it is that needs to be studied and details it's compostion and such. Using this in conjunction with the rings Investigate skill and Mental Quickness, it could Take 20 and beat DC 45. Same could be said with the Library Feature, but with Knowledge skills instead, to simulate it's expansive memory/knowledge stores.