Auditions (IC)

Electra

"Yes, and there are obviously a number of different programming languages, more or less compatible with each other," Miss A replied thoughtfully. "Even without mages themselves to study, if we could gain access to enough of a lexicon of several of these different languages, a comparative study could grant substantial insights. Of course, even a single open-minded magic user willing to entertain our hypothesis would be invaluable for adding meaning to the symbols of his particular language, almost a Rosetta stone for the mystic languages."

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Oh, I have been doing that for a few months now," he said giddily, "though they are all reproductions, from mass market books, thousands of websites, and the like. Of course," he waved dismissively at the holograms, "these are the simplified images, 'sanitized for public consumption' -- or made up from a conman's imagination -- but they can be used to at least assemble a basic overview of the system. The real spellbooks -- the ones used by bona fide mages -- well," he walked back around to his desk, "they have proven considerably harder to get access to. I have been able to procure a few, from auctions and private libraries of allies and contacts, but thus far I have found nothing of use. Of course, once I make the project public, I will assign a whole sector's worth of ArcheTech's symbolic logicians to decoding them, along with sectors for studying 'supernatural' beings like angels, demons, faeries, ghosts, vampires, werewolves, and others."

Surely a mind as keen as hers could help on this... but how? Scanners for the books? Sensors to detect 'magical' energy? She seems to have given this topic some thought before!

"It sounds like a project with a huge amount of potential," Miss A agreed, taking a seat as she continued to watch the holograms thoughtfully. "It bears more thought, certainly. I'm fairly sure that given enough time, I could put together a computer algorithm to begin correlating the data and creating a pan-lingual rubric for the various mystical traditions. But it's all GIGO, of course," she added, waving her hands. "The program can only be as good as the data itself. The purer the input, the purer the output. But I suppose that's a project for another day," she pointed out with a smile, "seeing as how I don't even have an email account on your server yet."

"Indeed so -- if you keep charming future projects out of me, you are liable to run off and start your own company, and reap all the rewards yourself!" he laughed. The holograms disappeared, replaced by one of her own personnel file. "Alright, let us see how I can work around my own hiring practices and security protocols..."

This is definitely a type of employee I never expected to see! So exciting!

After about fifteen minutes of work, Archeville had Miss Americana fully entered into the system. In addition to her finger and retinal prints, she was marked as low-level Metahuman, able to emit a unique radio energy, like an RFID tag, which could be used as an additional form of identification. He also marked that it sometimes tripped up the routine metal detectors at the door, and so for the sec guards to ignore any abnormalities which showed in her on those scans. "I believe that does it!"

"Running my own company would be too much of a headache," Miss A assured him easily. "I'd rather have my time free for the science, access to the equipment and draw a nice regular paycheck for it. I'll leave the CEO duties to those far more suited for it." She watched carefully as he worked through her file, noting the small changes and omissions that she would do well to keep in mind while she was working for ArcheTech. "I think it'll pass muster anywhere," she said approvingly. "I will have to do some of my more intensely focused work after hours or from off-site, but that won't be a problem."

She rubbed her hands together, looking pleased. "If that's all taken care of, where do I start?"

~fin~