The Arrow and The Orb pt. IV (OOC)

quotemyname

The intimidate results in their initial hesitation. Bolstered by Nacht Kreiger, they surge into action. However, that gives Hawk enough time to do a few things before the fight starts.

To be clear, Hawk only hears the second part of Kreiger's line.

I really would rather not have to run the stats for this many minions. Let's handle this with descriptive combat, shall we?

The intimidate results in their initial hesitation. Bolstered by Nacht Kreiger, they surge into action. However, that gives Hawk enough time to do a few things before the fight starts.

To be clear, Hawk only hears the second part of Kreiger's line.

I really would rather not have to run the stats for this many minions. Let's handle this with descriptive combat, shall we?

Sure, why not.

Power Attacking for 5, taking 10 on the attack roll, hits a Defence 23 target with a DC 27 save anyway, so it's fair to assume if I can knock out 7 in a round, I will knock out seven in a round. Sound fair?

• 1 month later...

All out Attack 5, Power Attack 5: DC 32 TOU DC 25 Fort (1d20+9=21)

I would like this to hit. Re-Roll!

Re-Roll: All out Attack 5, Power Attack 5: DC 32 TOU DC 25 Fort (1d20+9=13) That becomes a 14, and thus a 23. Which just barely hits while he's raging! Yay!

TOU v DC 32; Fort v DC 25 (1d20+14=25, 1d20+21=27)

He passes the Fort (easily) and takes another Injured, Bruised, and Stunned. She's attacking with Lethal because she's pissed!

Ragnarok is stunned once more, so that makes it Arrowhawk's turn again.

Ragnarok will intimidate as a move action for a -5 penalty.

Intimidate for demoralize (1d20+13=16) Lame. Oh well. Not worth the re-roll.

Will save v Demoralize, DC 16 (1d20+8=17) Viv passes.

He's going to make an attack. If it hits, he'll grapple as a free action from improved grab. Then he'll pin her. The description of the attack will not happen in that order, however. It's going to be, Grapple > Suplex > Rolling pin.

Ragnarok PA 5 vs Valk; DC 35 + grapple on hit (1d20+10=24) That hits on the Die due to her All out Attack.

He's just using his fists, so the damage is non-lethal.

TOU vs DC 35 (-3 for bruises) (1d20+9=14) That would leave her unconscious. She's going to re-roll.

Re-Roll: TOU vs DC 35 (-3 for bruises) (1d20+9=14) Add ten, she fails by 11. Staggered and Stunned.

Two Hero Points left for her.

Opposed Grapple vs Valk; -5 for power attack (1d20+30=38)

Opposed Grapple vs Ragnarok (DC 38); -5 Power Attack +5 All out Attack (1d20+19=38)

Wow.

Valk is gonna spend yet another HP on extra effort to increase that by two and win. For the sake of Epicness. One HP left for her, which she will use to clear the Stun. She will be fatigued next round.

IIRC his stat block says +8 FF. Which means you hit by 1. Which means no bonus from Auto-fire which means DC 27.

And Stunning inflicts an extra -2 penalty to Defence. ;) Doesn't change the result though.

OK, on 2 HP. Arrowhawk will use Extra Effort to boost up his Explosive Blast rank to 5 (Mighty 4), so DC 24 blast. Then, he'll feint as a move action at a -5 penalty to simply use a move action. Das feint! (1d20+5=11) Eh.

Standard action is fer shootin' : Explosive Power Attack for 5, DC 29 attack (1d20+12=17) Dammit, I'll burn a HP to make it count. Stupid low rolls... (1d20+12=27) BOOM

Sorry this took so long to get to. I've been busy.

I'm not going to roll against the feint. He has a +11 Sense Motive.

That re-roll hits. Currently he has two bruises. Toughness DC 29 (1d20+13=27) And earns himself a third after the attack.

Valkyrie's turn. She's staggered, and only gets one action. She'll use it to throw her hammer. She's currently at -2 STR, -1 Attack, -1 DEF from Fatigue. But she always give her all in a fight, so Ragnarok is looking at another power attack here... PA5/AoA5 DC 31 TOU and 25 FORT (1d20+8=17) which misses. The hammer returns to her hand.

I'll take his turn in the next post.

Vivian is very badly injured already, AND he needs her alive. She's become a low priority target. Arrowhawk, on the other hand isn't so lucky.

Ragnarok will fly across the room with and aerial haymaker directed at him. Since I'm reluctant to invoke the grapple cheese in such a small fight, lets make this a stunning attack. Stunning Attack, Power Attack 5; DC 30 Fort on hit. (1d20+10=29) Yikes. Just be thankful he doesn't have improved crit. Don't worry too much though. If you fail too badly there will probably be some epic fiating so we can keep this going.