Disco Fever [1972]

Icarus also sees the Chorale coming. In his confusion from having one of the defining moments of his life just having been undone, he doesn't remember that they have yet to become the Furies Three, and he can't tell that they aren't coming in for an attack.

He leaps out from the roof. He still can't fly very fast, but it's worth trying to knock them down to the ground. Shouting, "Stay away from them!" he gets as close as he can to the Chorale before pulling everything down. And it does turn out to be everything - he can't control who is targeted and who isn't, so he manages to pull himself to the ground as well. The fall isn't enough to hurt him, but it does knock him to the ground, along with everyone else in the area.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just as well no one could see Nanowire mortified expression. As it was, he had difficultly not clamping his massive hand over Grimalkin's mouth, which, due to his size and unusual body structuring, would just about cover her face. And what was the deal with the "Robot Chicken" thing?

Those concerns were pushed aside when the three women showed up. He personally wasn't familiar with them, but he felt Grim tense up slightly through his arm. His response was to slid himself forward slightly, presenting himself as a target over her. Nanowire figured that might annoy her, Grim being the very epitome of liberated woman, but he didn't really care. Besides, he thought mischievously, it might get her back a bit for that last one.

It's just as well no one could see Nanowire mortified expression. As it was, he had difficultly not clamping his massive hand over Grimalkin's mouth, which, due to his size and unusual body structuring, would just about cover her face. And what was the deal with the "Robot Chicken" thing?

Those concerns were pushed aside when the three women showed up. He personally wasn't familiar with them, but he felt Grim tense up slightly through his arm. His response was to slid himself forward slightly, presenting himself as a target over her. Nanowire figured that might annoy her, Grim being the very epitome of liberated woman, but he didn't really care. Besides, he thought mischievously, it might get her back a bit for that last one.

Grim was more than happy to use Nano as a human shield, though she did feel bad that he moved to protect her so readily, even after her attempts to embarrass him in front of Gravitor, but she was smart enough to know she couldn't take on the Furies; hell, even just one of them wearing lead boots and a burlap bag on her head could probably put her in the morgue.

"Don't worry, big guy; I'm right behind you, even if you don't see me."

She just had time to twist the world around her and vanish from sight before Icarus made her near-invisible body slam into the pavement like a sack of wet cement.

"Oof!"

Grim was more than happy to use Nano as a human shield, though she did feel bad that he moved to protect her so readily, even after her attempts to embarrass him in front of Gravitor, but she was smart enough to know she couldn't take on the Furies; hell, even just one of them wearing lead boots and a burlap bag on her head could probably put her in the morgue.

She just had time to twist the world around her and vanish from sight before Icarus made her near-invisible body slam into the pavement like a sack of wet cement.

"Oof!"

"Oof!"

Icarus's shout had it's intended effect, he supposed, as well as others. Nanowire certainly looked over towards him, right up until the point Icarus took a swan dive into the sidewalk in a eerie rendition of what had almost happened to him earlier after Grim's "boyfriend" comment. That was weird enough until he saw everyone get pressed downward, seemingly under a tremendous weight.

Only he stood unaffected. He felt something, though. It did feel like someone had just placed a large mass on top of him. Not too much too bare, in fact, it didn't really weigh him down all that much, but anything great enough for him to feel while he was this strong would have disastrous consequences on people not as powerful as him.

"Hey, cut it out, Icarus!" he shouted at the flattened man. Then he saw Grim, equally flattened, but seemingly only uncomfortable while laying there. "Wait, nevermind. Keep it up." He nudged her gently with the side of his foot. "Enjoying the rest?" he chirped in an annoyingly pleasant voice.

Icarus's shout had it's intended effect, he supposed, as well as others. Nanowire certainly looked over towards him, right up until the point Icarus took a swan dive into the sidewalk in a eerie rendition of what had almost happened to him earlier after Grim's "boyfriend" comment. That was weird enough until he saw everyone get pressed downward, seemingly under a tremendous weight.

Only he stood unaffected. He felt something, though. It did feel like someone had just placed a large mass on top of him. Not too much too bare, in fact, it didn't really weigh him down all that much, but anything great enough for him to feel while he was this strong would have disastrous consequences on people not as powerful as him.

"Hey, cut it out, Icarus!" he shouted at the flattened man. Then he saw Grim, equally flattened, but seemingly only uncomfortable while laying there. "Wait, nevermind. Keep it up." He nudged her gently with the side of his foot. "Enjoying the rest?" he chirped in an annoyingly pleasant voice.

Icarus scrambles to his feet. He couldn't hold people down like he normally did, especially since he himself would barely be able to move. He also noted, with some level of annoyance, that Nanowire was still able to remain standing.

"I'll get him sometime," he thinks to himself before focusing on the task at hand. "I don't know why you're here, but I want you to leave. They've had enough trouble happen today for you to add to it," he says.

"We are here because there was a report of a robbery in progress," the one in front says in a clear mezzosoprano. Her triplet behind her scowls in a soprano, "And you seem to be the one who just knocked everyone onto the ground." The last one speaks in a contralto, "Maybe you should back off now, before you bite off more than you can handle."

Before tensions can rise any further, Gravitor stands up again and holds up his hands. "Everyone, calm down. Young man, I don't know who you are, but the Chorale is here to help contain any crowds that might come." He glances over to them, and the tone of his voice suggests an apology. "Sorry, but Centurion told me to tell you that. Honest."

Icarus smacks his own forehead lightly. "Right, you're still the Chorale now. I... ha. Ha ha ha," Icarus begins laughing as a lot of tension drains out from him. The Chorale and Gravitor look at him strangely; thankfully, it doesn't sound maniacal, so they aren't preparing to blast him. When he's done, he takes a deep breath.

"You do know me, actually," Sean says. He reaches up and removes his helm. Gravitor's words of caution for the newcomer to keep himself protected die in his throat as he sees who is inside.

"Sean?... Is that you?..." he says in a quiet voice.

Meanwhile, the Chorale seem to be trying to figure out what's going on. This was going to be stopping a jewel robbery, and now, it's just gotten weird. The soprano says, "Wait, still the Chorale now? What's that supposed to mean?" The contralto walks over to where Nanowire and Grimalkin are standing.

Her gaze towards Nanowire looks almost appraising, and she gives a sudden smile. "You must be really strong to have to stood up to what he just did. Good design. Anyway, you seem to know this guy. What's he talking about?" she asks, looking more towards "Roboman" than she does Grimalkin. In fact, she seems to be ignoring Grimalkin almost entirely.

Icarus scrambles to his feet. He couldn't hold people down like he normally did, especially since he himself would barely be able to move. He also noted, with some level of annoyance, that Nanowire was still able to remain standing.

"I'll get him sometime," he thinks to himself before focusing on the task at hand. "I don't know why you're here, but I want you to leave. They've had enough trouble happen today for you to add to it," he says.

"We are here because there was a report of a robbery in progress," the one in front says in a clear mezzosoprano. Her triplet behind her scowls in a soprano, "And you seem to be the one who just knocked everyone onto the ground." The last one speaks in a contralto, "Maybe you should back off now, before you bite off more than you can handle."

Before tensions can rise any further, Gravitor stands up again and holds up his hands. "Everyone, calm down. Young man, I don't know who you are, but the Chorale is here to help contain any crowds that might come." He glances over to them, and the tone of his voice suggests an apology. "Sorry, but Centurion told me to tell you that. Honest."

Icarus smacks his own forehead lightly. "Right, you're still the Chorale now. I... ha. Ha ha ha," Icarus begins laughing as a lot of tension drains out from him. The Chorale and Gravitor look at him strangely; thankfully, it doesn't sound maniacal, so they aren't preparing to blast him. When he's done, he takes a deep breath.

"You do know me, actually," Sean says. He reaches up and removes his helm. Gravitor's words of caution for the newcomer to keep himself protected die in his throat as he sees who is inside.

Meanwhile, the Chorale seem to be trying to figure out what's going on. This was going to be stopping a jewel robbery, and now, it's just gotten weird. The soprano says, "Wait, still the Chorale now? What's that supposed to mean?" The contralto walks over to where Nanowire and Grimalkin are standing.

Her gaze towards Nanowire looks almost appraising, and she gives a sudden smile. "You must be really strong to have to stood up to what he just did. Good design. Anyway, you seem to know this guy. What's he talking about?" she asks, looking more towards "Roboman" than she does Grimalkin. In fact, she seems to be ignoring Grimalkin almost entirely.

Okay, there was officially way too much information floating around here for her to keep track of, and the Furies were starting to piss her off, so Grim steps forward with her arms outstretched.

"Hold on there, ladies - as of this point, the only folks standing here are those who either thwarted the robbery in progress, or had nothing to do with it."

She points at Icarus with firm conviction.

"This guy just showed up right now, and I personally know that he had nothing to do with this crime."

The tiny heroine then points up at some vague point in the sky.

"Centurian was here, he said some very nice inspiring words, and then he thanked us just before he flew off; so if the Centurian's standards aren't up to your own, you go fly off and find him and have a word. Okay?"

She then stands in front of Robo/Nano with her arms crossed, scowling a challenge at any who would try to pass, or make a pass, for that matter :evil:

Okay, there was officially way too much information floating around here for her to keep track of, and the Furies were starting to piss her off, so Grim steps forward with her arms outstretched.

"Hold on there, ladies - as of this point, the only folks standing here are those who either thwarted the robbery in progress, or had nothing to do with it."

"This guy just showed up right now, and I personally know that he had nothing to do with this crime."

"Centurian was here, he said some very nice inspiring words, and then he thanked us just before he flew off; so if the Centurian's standards aren't up to your own, you go fly off and find him and have a word. Okay?"

She then stands in front of Robo/Nano with her arms crossed, scowling a challenge at any who would try to pass, or make a pass, for that matter :evil:

"Uh... thank you," Nanowire replies to the woman. He then looked over at Icarus and nearly shook his head as the man nearly spilled the beans about their little chrono-jaunt. "Well..." he tried to stall for time, thinking about how he could phrase this in another way to make it seem as if Icarus wasn't speaking of something yet to happen when Grimalkin piped up.

Although he wasn't sure, Nanowire could have sworn there was something very possessive about the way she was standing in front of him now. "Right, what she said," he replied, not at all liking the sparks that were flying between the soprano Fury and Grim.

"Uh... thank you," Nanowire replies to the woman. He then looked over at Icarus and nearly shook his head as the man nearly spilled the beans about their little chrono-jaunt. "Well..." he tried to stall for time, thinking about how he could phrase this in another way to make it seem as if Icarus wasn't speaking of something yet to happen when Grimalkin piped up.

Although he wasn't sure, Nanowire could have sworn there was something very possessive about the way she was standing in front of him now. "Right, what she said," he replied, not at all liking the sparks that were flying between the soprano Fury and Grim.

"Uh, yeah... it's me, dad," Sean says. "We, uh... it's good to see you here. I... this is too much." He jumps up, and his suit finally kicks in. He accelerates from zero velocity through a sonic boom and a swiftly disappearing hole through the clouds.

Gravitor looks over to Roboman and Grimalkin, "You two know him, and you know how he got that suit. I saw him this morning, and he didn't look like that. What's going on here?"

One of the triplets calls over to the one near Grimalkin and Roboman, "Come on Aria, it looks like we're stuck with crowd control again."

Grimalkin overhears the last triplet whisper to her sister, "I don't know. It might be good to leave her. She could use a new crush. I think Daedalus is sweet for not saying anything, but you know..."

The first one says, "Later, Paean."

Sean flies a couple of miles into the air, pulling his helmet back on as he does so. He's surprised that he's holding back tears. He didn't cry at the funeral, and now he's almost crying when he isn't dead? That doesn't make any sense.

He can't go back there until he gets control of himself. Fortunately, he knows somewhere he can go. He remembers exactly where he was that day, and if he doesn't take off the helm, there probably won't be the same weirdness that just happened with his dad.

"Why did I do that? Now he knows something weird is going on. At least he didn't notice the nose job," he half-laughs to himself. Turning around and slowing down, Sean starts to fly to the Fens.

"Uh, yeah... it's me, dad," Sean says. "We, uh... it's good to see you here. I... this is too much." He jumps up, and his suit finally kicks in. He accelerates from zero velocity through a sonic boom and a swiftly disappearing hole through the clouds.

Gravitor looks over to Roboman and Grimalkin, "You two know him, and you know how he got that suit. I saw him this morning, and he didn't look like that. What's going on here?"

One of the triplets calls over to the one near Grimalkin and Roboman, "Come on Aria, it looks like we're stuck with crowd control again."

Grimalkin overhears the last triplet whisper to her sister, "I don't know. It might be good to leave her. She could use a new crush. I think Daedalus is sweet for not saying anything, but you know..."

Sean flies a couple of miles into the air, pulling his helmet back on as he does so. He's surprised that he's holding back tears. He didn't cry at the funeral, and now he's almost crying when he isn't dead? That doesn't make any sense.

He can't go back there until he gets control of himself. Fortunately, he knows somewhere he can go. He remembers exactly where he was that day, and if he doesn't take off the helm, there probably won't be the same weirdness that just happened with his dad.

"Why did I do that? Now he knows something weird is going on. At least he didn't notice the nose job," he half-laughs to himself. Turning around and slowing down, Sean starts to fly to the Fens.

Seth can also hear the sonic boom from where he is, but if he should look up to see what made the noise, he won't see its source. Instead, he'll see a blond man in gleaming golden plate with blue underclothes flying overhead, carrying an unconscious man in each hand by the scruffs of their necks. Even though Seth was still an infant when the man died, it'd be impossible to not recognize him. That's Centurion flying overhead.

Seth can also hear the sonic boom from where he is, but if he should look up to see what made the noise, he won't see its source. Instead, he'll see a blond man in gleaming golden plate with blue underclothes flying overhead, carrying an unconscious man in each hand by the scruffs of their necks. Even though Seth was still an infant when the man died, it'd be impossible to not recognize him. That's Centurion flying overhead.