Disco Fever [1972]

Ren considered the situation for a couple seconds, his lips pursing together in thought. "Well, since we want it to affect us, I think it really needs to be showing us in the mirror." He went over to the relic and held onto it, watching as the scene changed again, switching back to showing himself and Lynn. "There we go," he said. "Try it now."

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ren considered the situation for a couple seconds, his lips pursing together in thought. "Well, since we want it to affect us, I think it really needs to be showing us in the mirror." He went over to the relic and held onto it, watching as the scene changed again, switching back to showing himself and Lynn. "There we go," he said. "Try it now."

Lynn nods, then turns to face the doorway and bows to an imaginary audience with a flourish as she begins her patter in a ringing voice. "Thank you, ladies and gentlemen! For my next illusion I, the Amazing Grim-Kazar, shall be sending my lovely assistant Renichi back through the misty mists of time! Impossible, you say? Not for me and my magic mirror!"

She moves about the mirror, dramatically taping its front and back in several places. "A perfectly normal looking glass, or so it seems, but now-" She steps over to Ren and starts waving the wand all up and down him. "We shall see it is so...much...more! Renichi, step into the mirror!"

She leans close and whispers in his ear. "I hope to God this works; I will follow right after." She gives him a quick peck on the cheek then steps back into her role as conjurer, arms dramatically sweeping to indicate the mirror.

Lynn nods, then turns to face the doorway and bows to an imaginary audience with a flourish as she begins her patter in a ringing voice. "Thank you, ladies and gentlemen! For my next illusion I, the Amazing Grim-Kazar, shall be sending my lovely assistant Renichi back through the misty mists of time! Impossible, you say? Not for me and my magic mirror!"

She moves about the mirror, dramatically taping its front and back in several places. "A perfectly normal looking glass, or so it seems, but now-" She steps over to Ren and starts waving the wand all up and down him. "We shall see it is so...much...more! Renichi, step into the mirror!"

She leans close and whispers in his ear. "I hope to God this works; I will follow right after." She gives him a quick peck on the cheek then steps back into her role as conjurer, arms dramatically sweeping to indicate the mirror.

The hand passes through the mirror's surface. It looks like the glass has become liquid, but it still only reflects what can be seen to Grimalkin, Nanowire, and Mr. Silberman. It looks like he had had his hand removed and was pressing the stump solidly against the glass.

When Nanowire next moves, he's in for a surprise. Even though it didn't feel like anything going in, he can't remove his hand. He can still feel it move, though it is only touching air at the moment. If he takes the time to concentrate, he notices that it feels a little warmer than it is inside the bookstore.

The hand passes through the mirror's surface. It looks like the glass has become liquid, but it still only reflects what can be seen to Grimalkin, Nanowire, and Mr. Silberman. It looks like he had had his hand removed and was pressing the stump solidly against the glass.

When Nanowire next moves, he's in for a surprise. Even though it didn't feel like anything going in, he can't remove his hand. He can still feel it move, though it is only touching air at the moment. If he takes the time to concentrate, he notices that it feels a little warmer than it is inside the bookstore.

"Ohhhh... creepy," Ren said with a slight shudder. "It's alright, I'm not in trouble or anything, but..." he jerked on his hand a couple times, trying to bring it back through. When it became obvious that was impossible, however, he frowned. "Crap. I guess I am in trouble. It's stuck."

He leaned back away from the mirror, holding himself at an angle that would have been impossible had his limb not been trapped. "Weird. It feels warmer on the other side." Straightening back up, he took one last look at Lynn and gave her a crooked smile. "Guess I'll see you on the other side."

Ren took a deep breath, and strode through the liquid surface of the mirror.

"Ohhhh... creepy," Ren said with a slight shudder. "It's alright, I'm not in trouble or anything, but..." he jerked on his hand a couple times, trying to bring it back through. When it became obvious that was impossible, however, he frowned. "Crap. I guess I am in trouble. It's stuck."

He leaned back away from the mirror, holding himself at an angle that would have been impossible had his limb not been trapped. "Weird. It feels warmer on the other side." Straightening back up, he took one last look at Lynn and gave her a crooked smile. "Guess I'll see you on the other side."

Lynn blinks back tears as she watches Ren disappear into the mirror's surface. 'Wow, I guess it worked; there must have been some magic in that old black wand we found."

Without warning, she is suddenly upon Louis, doing her best to crush him with a hug. "You are the best Grandpa a girl could ever have; you always were and you always will be. I really want you to know that." Her tears soak into his collar as the moment goes on forever, but is still over way too fast. She kisses him on the cheek and finally lets him go, sniffling and wiping her eyes with the heel of her hand.

Lynn struggles to get back into character as raises the wand once again, a brave smile on her face. "For my final illusion, I will now enter the Mirror of Mystery myself, but I leave you with these parting words, ladies and gentleman!" She pauses for a moment, as she tries to find some quote, some clever phrase that sums up all she's felt over this whole crazy day, but nothing seems to fit; at last, she shrugs and falls back on a classic: "That's all, folks!"

She taps the mirror's sides as did before, then bows, tosses the wand to her grandfather with a sad smile, and whispers "There's no place like home" before closing her eyes and stepping through herself.

Lynn blinks back tears as she watches Ren disappear into the mirror's surface. 'Wow, I guess it worked; there must have been some magic in that old black wand we found."

Without warning, she is suddenly upon Louis, doing her best to crush him with a hug. "You are the best Grandpa a girl could ever have; you always were and you always will be. I really want you to know that." Her tears soak into his collar as the moment goes on forever, but is still over way too fast. She kisses him on the cheek and finally lets him go, sniffling and wiping her eyes with the heel of her hand.

Lynn struggles to get back into character as raises the wand once again, a brave smile on her face. "For my final illusion, I will now enter the Mirror of Mystery myself, but I leave you with these parting words, ladies and gentleman!" She pauses for a moment, as she tries to find some quote, some clever phrase that sums up all she's felt over this whole crazy day, but nothing seems to fit; at last, she shrugs and falls back on a classic: "That's all, folks!"

She taps the mirror's sides as did before, then bows, tosses the wand to her grandfather with a sad smile, and whispers "There's no place like home" before closing her eyes and stepping through herself.