Whatever Walked There, Walked Alone [IC]

"Well --"

A torrent of dust erupted out of the building behind Nick as the sound of crumbling stone filled the air. "--there's that, for starters. I'd say we might want to get behind cover."

As soon as Nick had gotten behind a dumpster across the street - joined by Jessica, who'd dragged her camera man there as soon as Nick and Gossamer had entered the building - he looked across to see the building collapse in on itself. It was as if the hand of God Himself had pushed down on the roof; beams splintered and pushed outwards, stone crumbled into gray clouds, and what glass remained went flying from destroyed windows. After thirty apocalyptic seconds, it was done, and the building was gone.

"Y'know... some people just can't take losing graciously."

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Okay, I just ripped the guts out of some kind of psychic entity that was possessing the van. It was pretty fierce, but I took it out. The van crew is safe, I made sure the cops were on their way before I came back here. They're just waking up, but I think they'll be all right. What's going on over here?"

Estelle was truly impressed by Fusion's handling of the van by herself; clearly she was a highly capable individual, even if she was a bit on the prickly side. She nodded in appreciation as she continued to dust of her lab coat and the jumpsuit underneath it.

"Well done, Fusion, well done indeed."

"--there's that, for starters. I'd say we might want to get behind cover."

With the aid of her many golden appendages, Gossamer nearly flew behind the dumpster as each limb found purchase on nearby lampposts, parking meters and such, rapidly dragging her clear of the pending collapse.

"Y'know... some people just can't take losing graciously."

Just the way Nick spoke those words struck the blonde heroine particularly funny, no doubt fueled by all the adreneline still in her system; soon she was alternately laughing and choking on fine plaster dust.

"Ah-hah-hah! Oh my goodness; I expect it will take several showers to get fully clean after this. Is everyone alright?"